Recipe Time: Easter Carrot, Pumpkin & Pistachio Cupcakes
Step up your sweets game this Easter season with truly remarkable Easter carrot, pumpkin and pistachio cupcakes with rum cream cheese icing that sing sweet holiday songs from Jamaica with love.
Easter carrot, pumpkin, pistachio cupcakes with rum cream cheese icing
(Recipe by Simone Mitchell, Patry Team Leader at Couples Tower Isle)
80ml Vegetable Oil
pinch of salt
1/2 level teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 oz raisins
1 oz roughly chopped pistachios
5 oz flour
1/2 level teaspoon of baking powder
4 oz carrots - peeled and grated
4 oz pumpkin - peeled and grated
7 oz brown sugar
- Beat Eggs and oil and sugar until sugar is dissolved
- Add grated carrots and pumpkin
- Combine all dry ingredients (sift flour with baking powder and soda) and add to liquid mix
- Add walnuts and raisins and combine well.
- Pour into baking cup lined muffin pans and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer to ensure doneness.
- Allow to cool completely.
Rum Cream Cheese Icing:
2 1/2 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup of sifted icing sugar
drop of vanilla
pinch of cinnamon
Dash of Brown Rum
- Combine all above ingredients
- Place on top of cupcakes
- Decorate cupcakes with Marzipan Eggs / Marzipan Carrots and Chocolate Decor (as shown in the picture)