September 7th, 2012
Recipe Time: Blueberry Chocolate Cake
All inclusive vacation packages are great for one significant reason, unlimited food! At Couples Resorts you will be tempted with a variety of food and drinks that are sure to hit the spot. And what hits the spot any better than dessert? Today we’re sharing our secret blueberry chocolate cake recipe.
Couples Resorts Corporate Executive Chef, Stefan Spath, is happy to share his recipe for creating the most delicious chocolate cake you’ll ever try. So get out your mixing bowl and let us know what you think of this recipe!
Blueberry Chocolate Cake
1 ¼ lbs Sugar
½ lbs Shortening
1 ½ lbs Flour
8 whole Eggs
2 tbsp Baking Soda
4 tsp Baking Powder
2 ½ cup Cocoa Powder
2 ½ cup Milk
2 cup Whites
• Cream sugar, shortening, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together.
• Combine egg white & whole eggs add slowly.
• Add ½ of the milk because the consistency tends to be runny.
• Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-30 minutes
• To test for baking touch little when it springs back it is ready.
• Once cool, soak in stock syrup (see below).
• Boil for five minutes; chill and flavour with your favourite dark rum.
2 lb whip topping
1 lb blueberry pie filling
• Combine well and sandwich chocolate cake that has been soaked with stock syrup and rum.
• Put to chill. Just before serving grate a little bitter chocolate on top. Cut in desire shape.
• Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream place in tulip shell place on top of cake if desire.
4 oz icing sugar
4 oz egg white
4 oz butter
4 oz flour
• Cream butter and sugar, add egg white, then flour.
• Chill for at least one hour. Stencil out desired shape and bake in a hot oven until golden brown.