December 28th, 2012
How To Stay Fit While On Vacation At Couples Resorts
Diet and fitness usually go hand in hand. If you want to ensure that whilst on vacation you can enjoy some Jamaica all inclusive resort activities along with fine food, wine, entertainment and fitness; you may want to try Couples Swept Away in Negril. With a fully outfitted sports complex, on over 10 acres, this resort has become increasing popular to the sports enthusiastic traveler. Open daily from 7:30am until 9:00pm the sports complex boasts an aerobics studio with Exerflex wooden floor, which significantly reduces impact on the joints; a fully equipped gym with Cybex Eagle machines; 1/2 mile jogging track and par course fitness trail; 25m lap pool with seven lanes; steam rooms, saunas and a Jacuzzi for therapeutic and relaxation purposes; 10 lighted tennis courts (5 clay and 5 hard), two racquetball courts, two squash courts and a basketball court.
Couples Resorts Caribbean all inclusive resort always has you in mind. Take advantage of our all-inclusive personal training, private tennis, and squash and racquetball lessons with appointments during the hours: 8:00am - 11:00 & 3:00pm - 7:00. After a vigorous workout, are you wondering what to do next? Well, you can relax in the comfort of the lobby area of the complex, take a trip to the spa for a relaxing massage or visit the juice bar for one of our tasty, yet healthy concoctions.
Below are some tips on how to stay fit while on vacation at Couples Resorts:
Water: Stay Hydrated
- Keeping your body hydrated is very important. Drinking water every couple of hours is beneficial in keeping your body systems running smoothly, especially during the warmer months in Jamaica.
Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of the Day
- Don't skip breakfast! Many people think that if they don't eat breakfast that they will lose weight. This is not true! Studies have actually shown that those who skip this meal actually gain weight. The reason that breakfast is so important is that it gives us the much needed fuel and energy to get moving. So don’t forget to fill out your breakfast room service order before going to sleep at Couples!
Fish Oil: The Secret Calorie Burner
- Pack your fish oil because based on a study; taking a fish oil supplement every day can help your body burn up to 400 extra calories.
Meals and Snacks: Plan a Little
- In order to stay fit and slim one needs to plan meals and snacks at least with a little thought. The meals that you eat should be balanced and provide your body with good nutrition.
Sleep: A Key Fitness Component
- The average person needs 7 - 8 hours of sleep a night. A key step to maintaining a healthy weight is also getting enough sleep. So be kind to yourself and get the needed hours of sleep to help your body function the way it should, even if that means heading to the room a little early with your love to catch up on your beauty sleep.
The sports complex is managed by Syrika Danicka Grizzle, who has a passion for sporting activities and a deep interest in the development of sports in Jamaica. Physically fit herself, she boasts a Masters of Science Degree and a certificate in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation. Feel free to chat with her when you visit the complex as she is always willing to talk and share fitness tips with you.
Syrika Grizzle, Sports Complex Manager at Couples Swept Away