August 15th, 2012
Independence Dinner for Repeat Guests at Couples Swept Away
Jamaica celebrated it's 50th Anniversary celebration last week, and we continued the celebration at Couples Swept Away. With a “family-style dinner” theme, we hosted quite the culinary extravaganza, with all dishes on the table and guests helping themselves to wonderful food.
The meal was prepared by Angelo Konidis - our newly appointed Executive Head Chef at CSA. Below is the menu of what was served. Please be courteous and not salivate on your computer or mobile device because the selection was so tasty.
- Crisp local greens House Smoked Marlin
- Tropical fruit vinaigrette
- Curried local goat with mango chutney
- Grilled Lobster with Jamaican lime and butter
- Jammin Jerk Chicken with Guava BBQ glaze
- Traditional Oxtail and Broad Beans
- Pimento Jerk Pork
- Coconut Rice & Peas Sweet Roast Potato/ Carrot cho- cho
- Fried breadfruit
- Sweet potato and yam pudding cinnamon ice cream
- Bittersweet chocolate sauce Scotch bonnet mango salsa
- Candied coconut
We will start sharing some special Jamaican, (and Couples) recipes with you soon. Please let us know if you have any specific recipes you're craving! If so, please leave us a note in the comments section below.