Back from Tower Isle! Wonderful Trip with a few minor issues.
We had a shortened trip back to CTI and just arrived back to reality (sigh) today.
All in all, we had a wonderful trip and will definitely be back sooner vs. later. (Our next trip will be back to our first love, CSA, though.)
Because we are not complainers and tend to look on the bright side of things, I would rate the trip a solid A-. A big (HUGE) part of that is the staff on the resort -- the bartenders, servers, chefs, trainees, etc. I would like to offer some constructive comments, however, as some who are not 10x Couples repeaters may have been a bit turned off by a few of the issues we had.
1. Due to a family issue, we arrived one day later than our reservation. We effectively lost that night. (Yup. Kiss it goodbye.)
Two things happened here:
**we were NOT under any circumstances expecting a refund. It was our deal, and we knew we were out for the night. We were hoping, however, for some kind of "throw you a bone" type of thing. Kick us a $50 resort credit, or send up a bottle of sparkling wine or SOMETHING.... We just missed out on $400 worth of our stay. Come ON! When we enquired at guest services, their response was basically, "too bad, so sad." and it wasn't much more conciliatory than that.
**the second thing was our room was not ready when we arrived. Now... again, under normal circumstances, wouldn't bother me. We arrived well before check in time. BUT -- we had PAID for the previous night. Shouldn't the room that we had paid for be ready for us when we arrived --- 24 hours late?
2. We were celebrating our anniversary this trip. (13 years.) It was indicated on our reservation and on our pre-check in. Not a single acknowledgement of the event occurred during our stay.
3. Housekeeping this trip was mediocre at best. We went 3 days with NO body wash, and I finally had to flag the housekeeper down in the hallway and ASK for some. One day, our beach towels were sitting on a chair in our room, and the housekeeper came early. (Yes, I am one of those who cleans before the housekeeper arrives.) She left them in a crumpled heap on the chair. The space behind the sink was filthy. And I mean GRODY gross. I noticed this because my toothbrush fell behind the sink and when I went to get it out, (ewwww) I saw that in addition to an obscene level of yuck, there was an old toothpaste cap stuck back there.
4. We didn't receive turn-down service once. Now, this is mostly a scheduling issue. Turn-down wanted to come to our room between 6:45 and 7:00 -- right at the time that we were getting ready for dinner, as we like a later reservation. There HAS to be SOME way of coordinating guests' dinner schedules with turn-down. I don't expect it every night, certainly. But nope, not a single time did it happen for us this trip.
5. Our minibar was filled only 1x in 4 nights at the resort. It was a big bummer, since we really do like the Ting in the bottle. (mmmm.... going through withdrawals already.)
6. Pre-check in did nothing. I had to ask 3x for our repeater benefits; the minibar wasn't stocked; and upon checkout, I had to spend 20 minutes at the front desk getting our repeaters' credit applied to our account. And granted, it was 6am, but the young lady at the desk seemed to want to "I'll get it fixed and get back to you." Sorry, but I'm not leaving without resolving this one....
7. No snack pack. Now, I know this is not a huge deal, but I love my little lunchbox and granola bar on the way out. It's my reminder of my stay at Couples. (and honestly, I could have used the darn granola bar....)
All that being said -- and cool, rainy, overcast weather aside, we really did have a wonderful wonderful trip! And met some great people. It would just be nice of some of these things would be addressed however, as they do NOT put Couples' best foot forward, especially for a new guest.
Can't wait for July and Swept Away!! Trip #11 Soon Come. (Wall of Shame, here we come.)
Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]