July 18th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Choosing a Resort
I know this question gets asked over and over, but I need some advice, please. We stayed at CN last year. We truly loved it. Our only wish was that there had been more of a nightlife than there was. We loved everything about CN from breakfast thru dinner. We just would have liked some dancing or live music that wasn't as "formal," for lack of a better description. I've heard CSA's beach is similar to CN. Is that true? We loved CN's beach so much, I am nervous about trying something new as well. I know there is no A/N in CSA. That's not a problem for us. We would consider any of the 4 resorts really, but we are "beach people." I appreciate any help.
July 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
We stayed at CSA for our wedding in 07 and we loved it. The Beaches between the two hava a lot of similarities, same clear shallow,calm waters.The only difference is that CN beach is deeper and CSA beach is longer due to the layout of the property. We also love the local musicians that play along the beach throughout the day. I don't know if they are at CN or not. I have heard people say there is no shad at CSA beach but I have never seen anyone with that problme we never had a problem finding a shady spot wether it be under a palm tree in a hammock or under the thatched umbrellas. The beach is so long there are plenty of great places to relax. It also help from feeling crowded on the beach. I don't think there is such a thing as a bad beach in Negril.
As far as nightlife goes CSA is perfect. We are in our early 30's and we had a large group with us for our wedding around the same age. We had a great time listening to the live bands and then would head to the aurora lounge each night. Around 10 or 11 they would start playing dance music and the dance floor would feel up quick and has they say they don't shut down until the last person leaves. We had a great time dancing with oter guests and even some of the staff would come in a cut loose with us. They typically have theme for certain nights. It is very laid back and fun not formal at all. We had so much fun at the aurora club we never thought about going out off property. The people and staff were a blast to party with every night.
I could tell you more if interested but if it the beach you are worried about, than you have nothing to worry about. If you loved CN I know you will love CSA as well. You will get the same great service, food, and beach. My wife and I talk about trying CN but we just love CSA so much we can't help it we always head back to CSA. Eventually we will try every couples but right now we are hooked, as soon as we leave all we can do is think about the next trip back to CSA.
July 18th, 2009, 12:29 PM
If you are trying top compare CSA and CN you'll will find that it is extremely hard to do. Each has features and layout designs that are unique to itself.
The beach at CN is deeper when compared to CSA.
CSA has a longer stretch of beach than CN.
CSA offers 7 Mile Beach to walk.
CN offers Bloody Bay.
CN has been often said to have more of a social atmosphere when compared to CSA. CSA has more athletic activities.
You can always try a split stay and solve that problem.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Toss the coin!
July 18th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Give CSA a try you'll love it. I liked the beach even better than CN, more dinning options and you'll love the disco for the dancing you are looking for. The best sunsets of all the Couples resorts to.
Shari & James
Members of the 4 for 4 club
July 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_N_Dayna
Thanks!! Finally someone who gets what I'm trying to ask! I've tried asking this before but no luck really. We are early thirties also. We have the same problem about CN. We want to try the others but we loved so much about CN! Sounds like CSA must be pretty aweswome as well so maybe we'll give it a try. I'd love to hear whatever you have to tell me. I was hoping CSA would be similar enough to CN, just with that one missing piece. I will tell u that we are not really sporty people. My husband likes to run but we definitely go on vacation to relax...For our truly perfect vacation, we want to lay on the beach most of the day, maybe go snorkeling or on a catamaran cruise, watch the sunset, have dinner, and then go dance until 1:00 am or so. We would like to do the large group thing but can't ever get everyone together, so it will probably just be us. So, in your opinion, we be dissapointed with CSA?
July 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
July 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
yeah I know. I am worrying too much!
July 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I know! I am worrying too much.
Originally Posted by RDYJMJM
July 19th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Which resort (Again)?
I apologize if this reply is a duplicate. I replied about 5 hours ago and it still hasn't made it to the board. Thank you for your information. We are early 30s also. I've looked a lot at CSA online. I love what I see so far.. Some of the reviews concern me a little but I know all resorts have bad days sometimes, and there are bound to be people who complain no matter what.
Originally Posted by Rob_N_Dayna
Anyway, the things that really concern me are:
1. Bugs? I didn't notice this at CN except for the sand fleas on the beach at night. That one complaint alarms me a little, but a lot of people act like this is not the widespread issue that some people make it.
2. We aren't really sporty. We are pretty happy relaxing on the beach with a snorkeling trip and a catamaran cruise during the trip. Other than that, we mainly want to chill out and just have fun on vacation.
3. We want to go out a few nights during the trip. DH could go every night. I'm happy with 3 or 4 out of 7.
4. Which room? I am leaning towards a Great House Verandah suite but a little worried about the noise.
I'd love any info you can give me. THANKS!!
July 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
O.K. Lets' see here, We never had any issues with bugs while we were there. The snad felas at night never affected us but we were not around the beach to much at night. I have heard people on here say things about problems wit bugs in their bathrooms. That may have something to do with their room category or possibly floor choice we did not have any issues. We stayed in an Ocean View Verendah Suite. Some friends of ours had gone before us and told us to request a 3rd floor corner room. It provided better views and the corner rooms have the wooden shutter behind the bed which just made the rom feel more tropical. We loved our room I think it was #3309. We had an awesome view. We did not like the Great house rooms because of their location while it looks like they also had good views they are located in the great house and it just seemed more hotel like to us versus the individual buildings. we loved being set back in the trees it just seemed so much more intimate espically at night. We also loved having the mini bar and fridge in the room. It made it nice when we wanted an alcoholic drink or non alcoholic drink. It is really convient in the morning for the dry mouth syndrom. The noise could be a problem in the gret hous, garden suites, or garden view verandah. The road may cause issues in the garden rooms.
You can't go wrong with either an OVS or BFVS. That is our 2 favorite categories.
We are sporty people but we are the same as ya'll we are on vacation, we did go snorkeling and took the cat cruise both were excellent. My wife got a few spa treatments, we took a cab to go check out Rick's Cafe', I highly recommend that it was a great time. Other than that we just chiile don the beach, at the beach bar , or the swim up bar just chatting with everyone, we met so many interesting people from all over the world.
Don't worry about going alone, there were some nights my wife and I did go to the aurora lounge alone, we would go watch a live show athe the palms for a while and then make our way to the aurora lounge when the dance music was getting cranked up and had a great time we would usually stay til 12 or 1 am and head back to the room for the night then do it all again the next day.
Anything else just let me know I can talk about CSA all day long. We have loved going new places on vacation, but we have never found anywhere like CSA and can never wait to go back.
July 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think you would love CSA just as much as CN. You can do all of the things you describe in your definition of the perfect vacation! The livelihood of the Aura Lounge, will of course, be dependent on the guests who are there with you. You may experience some very active nights and others may be very slow, but you can certainly dance the night away regardless!
1. I have not had any problems with bugs (except the sand fleas as you mentioned). After reading some of the reviews, it seems that those who do have problems are usually on the first floor and tend to leave the windows and/or doors open. Some also experience problems with ants, but if you have this issue, just call the front desk and they will send someone out to rid the problem (or you can request to be moved to another room if they can't get rid of them).
2. The sports facilities are across the street...so if you don't go to them, you will never know they are there! That is the wonderful thing about CSA...you can have a very active vacation, a very inactive vacation or anything in between! You choose your level of activity and have a great time!
3. Try the Aura Lounge early in your vacation. You may find that it is sufficient for you and you would never have to leave the resort for this activity (saving you some $$$). If you want a more lively atmosphere, you can set up a trip to a local disco through the concierge desk.
4. Room choice is going to depend on what you really want out of your room. I have only spent one night in the Great House (will spend 7 more in October so I will have a better idea then), but we didn't have any issues with noise that night. I think that since you are probably going to be frequenting the Aura Lounge and/or concierge desk, the Great House may just be perfect for you (both are located in the Great House). Make sure you check out all of the room descriptions and search for pictures of each (this website and/or TA) to get an idea of which may suit you best.
July 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Give CSA a try. The beach is the best, lots of bar and restaurant choices. And, the night life you are looking for. I think CSA may become your favorite. CSA ROCKS!!!!
July 20th, 2009, 12:37 AM
We married at CSA in 04.We are saving for trip #4 and can't wait to get back.Swept Away is truly paradise and you won't be disapointed I am sure.I have not stayed in the ghvs but am considering them for our next stay.I have read hear that there is no noise problem in the building so I would go for it.The ocean view sounds very appealing.You can't go wrong with and Couples but CSA is very special to us.I hope you have a great trip!
July 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Okay! I'm sold!!! Thanks everybody .
July 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
YEAH,You will LOVE CSA and just like Margi says, CSA ROCKS!