March 31st, 2010, 01:46 PM
CN Garden Room- Balcony Question
Going to be at CN May 1-8 for first time, and had a couple of quick questions. My husband and I love to hang out on the balcony in morning and pre-dinner, so I wanted to have a sense of what they were like. My questions are: (1) when you're on your balcony is it fairly private, or can you see the balcony (and people on it) next door to you, (2) are the balconies covered (I'm assuming 1st and 2nd floor are, but what about 3rd), so that you can hang there if its raining?, (3) can anyone give a general sense of size? My husband smokes and I'm starting month #4 of no smoking (yay), so I'd like to have a little distance between us when he is indulging, and (4) what's the furniture like? (please tell me there are cushions, as my butt falls asleep in those molded plastic chairs!). Thanks in advance for any pics/descriptions!
March 31st, 2010, 03:45 PM
1) when you're on your balcony is it fairly private, or can you see the balcony (and people on it) next door to you
fairly private but you could see if you leaned over the railing and looked.
(2) are the balconies covered (I'm assuming 1st and 2nd floor are, but what about 3rd), so that you can hang there if its raining?
1st and 2nd are with awnings, but 3rd is not, but you can still hang there during rain because there is still a roof that extends a bit from the edge.
(3) can anyone give a general sense of size?
Approx. 6ft deep by 12 to 15ft wide.
(4) what's the furniture like?
Cushions on wicker chairs and a small table.
Here is a picture of block 6 that may give a sense of size, privacy, awnings, and furniture. Three story building and each section is a room - so you are seeing ~ 5 rooms on each floor in this picture.
March 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM
I believe it is about 5ft deep and 8 to 10ft long. Yes they are all covered. Yes you can see them from the grounds
Cole and Bry
March 31st, 2010, 05:34 PM
Stayed in the garden rooms at CN last spring.
(1) Yes they are pretty private. From your balcony you'll not be able to see the other balconies unless you lean out over the rail.
(2) Covered, yes they are. It rains a lot in paradise usually only for about 20-45 minutes then back to bright sunny skies so I think they built the buildings with that in mind.
(3) The room was not huge at all. It was "cute" as my wife puts it. It's an average size. Think Holiday Inn express sized room only decorated tropically.
(4) Big firm bed, comfy recliner in the room, pair of wicker arm chairs and little table on the balcony. Yes the balcony chairs have cushions on them.
((P.S. CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking. Aint it great to be free! Your trip to Couples should smell wonderful to you))
March 31st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Here's a pic
Waiting out a rainstorm. Not a great pic of the balcony but kinda gives you the idea. The blue drinks were not good. Don't remember what they were.
March 31st, 2010, 09:24 PM
We enjoyed the balcony at CN for this room category. It's not as big as the ones at CSA but plenty of room and privacy.
April 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM
Here is a photo of garden room #1305 @ CN. You cant see your neighbours and the 3rd floor balconies are covered. Hope this helps.
April 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
....(1) Private from the sides, not from the front. Needless to say, the ground floors had the least privacy.
Originally Posted by pghlwr1
(2) Overhead? Yes.
(3) Pretty good size, the width of the room.
(4) Congratulations on being "Smoke Free"!!! Whoo Hooo! As I remember, the furniture on the balconies were Wicker with cushions and a small table. No plastic!!
We tend to get up EARLY. The balcony was a really nice place to sit drinking a cup of "Blue Mountain Coffee" and watch the sun rise. Note, the rooms sorta face west, but the idea is similar. Was fun to watch the resort come alive.
April 1st, 2010, 09:03 AM
You are going to LOVE CN!! We are returning there in 16 days for our third trip "home." We have always stayed in a garden view room, so I should be able to answer your questions ...
1. there are walls on each side of the balcony that go up all the way to the ceiling, so you will not be able to see into the balconies on either side of you - nor can your neighbors see you. (unless you lean WAY over the front railing!)
2. The balconies on all three floors are covered with a solid roof, so finding refuge from the rain on them is mostly possible - unless the rain is accompanied by a stronger wind that would happen to blow the rain "into" your balcony. Just a tip, another GREAT place to spend those occassional rain showers is the garden hot tub behind the dive training pool! On our last trip, we enjoyed hanging with several other couples in there during a two hour downpour after returning from our cat cruise & it was LOTS of fun!!
3. The balcony is a decent size (see photos below) and if you sit on opposite ends of the balcony, you should be able to put a bit of distance from your hubby when he is smoking.
4. When we were there in 2008, they had two wicker chairs with seat cushions and one wooden table on the balconies. Again, my photos below should help you. They are quite comfy in my opinion.
again, you will love, love, love CN!! We keep saying we're going to try one of the other Couples resorts, but we just think CN is absolutely perfect!
April 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM
(1) There is a wall b/t your balcony and other balconies. However, folks below you can see you and, depending on the location of your building, people in buildings near yours can see you.
(2) Yes all levels are covered. There is plenty of sun, although it obviously depends on where your room is in relation to the sun. If it's raining, you won't get wet unless it's really raining hard and only then if you are near the edge. We often sit out on the balcony in the rain and are fine.
(3) Balcony is 10, maybe 15 feet across. I can't tell you whether you'll smell your huband's smoke as we're both non-smokers.
(4) Furniture is wicker, as I recall. No cushions that I remember but I may be wrong about that. I've never found myself uncomfortable and many people sit on their balconies. If you're into cushions, there are nicely padded sectional sofas near the pool.
April 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
Thank you all so much for the quick and thorough responses- I'm even more excited now, especially since there seems to be so many thoughtful and considerate people who frequent CN!!! 30 days and counting!
April 3rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
not very private. you can see your neighbor. roof over your head
and i believe you can sit outside if raining