Hi! We have stayed at both CTI and CSS ... I like both resorts a lot, my husband prefers CTI ... they are very different in look and feel. I will give it a shot to compare the two, but please remember I'm comparing an apple to an orange, both of which are in the Couples family ...
- a wide variety of very good food and dinner dining options
- the newly renovated look is beautiful (we did not see COR/before the renovation) - crisp and clean
- tower isle is very picturesque, and the sunrises at CTI are truly something to be awed about
- the staff treated us the best we have ever been treated, and we have traveled a fair bit
- has a hotel look (and a Couples feel)
- has two nice pools to hang out at
- beach is small
- surf can be a bit rough
- beautiful lit up at night ... stunning!
- spa services were incredible ... beautiful setting, wonderful treatments (massage, facial)
- to get to the au natural Tower Island, need to take a boat
- the best repeater's dinner we have been to so far
- Starlight Gala is not to be missed ... gorgeous and great entertainment!!!
- large, spread out resort with a lot of stairs (which we did not mind) ... jungle like plant life which was very romantic and gave the impression of seclusion almost everywhere you went
- can walk to the separate au natural Sunset Beach
- Airy, light feel ... especially with a room up on the cliffs
- a lot of property to explore walking - lots of picturesque nooks and crannies
- two pools to hang out at - one is a mineral pool, so cold/cool water in that one
- small beach
- surf can be a bit rough
- we had the best housekeeper we ever have had here
- wonderful couples massage experience in the room up on the cliffs overlooking the sea! (can't remember the name of the hut - maybe The Hideaway???)
- best facial I've had at a Couples resort so far ...
When we were at CSS (April 2011) it had not been renovated and had a nice lived in look ... I wouldn't call it rundown however, but I know we are all different in our perceptions ... it is not a crisp, clean, newly revibed property - rather an earthen, sinking back into the jungle foliage, feel which I like ...
Bottom line - you really can't go wrong with either place, and will just need to go visit the other property at a later time so that you can do your own comparisons!
Congratulations on 25 years!!! We are just celebrating our 8th (although we are middle aged - got married late in life!) and look forward to renewing our vows on our 10th, at a Couples resort, God willing!
One Love ... Sarah
Sarah (& Baxter)
CN 2009; CTI 2010; CSS 2011;
CN 2012; CTI 2013