My husband and I are so excited to be going to Jamaica in a few weeks. We've taken one lame vacation (4 day mexican cruise, awful) in the 15 years we've been together. I work and go to school and my husband is busy all the time --- we just got married last year and this is like our honeymoon.
My sister and her husband are going too (slightly different days)... we've been reading the posts to try and make sure we think of everything. We (my sister and I) are both planners and I want this vacation to be something we (my husband and I) talk about for the rest of our lives.
Here is what I know so far...tell me if I have missed anything.
1. Take and wear plenty of sunscreen
2. Men need long pants, collared shirt and closed shoes for fine dining – women??
3. Book your dinner and activities when you arrive
4. Dunes River Falls is best on Sunday when the cruise ships don’t dock
5. Schedule a massage Monday after the Dunes river falls
6. Bring small bills if you plan to leave the resort
I knew there is more, but as I write this my mind went mush!
I know my husband wants to scuba… maybe more than the included dive and he is looking forward to the tennis and ping pong tournaments (he is so competitive).
I just want to lay on the beach, eat good food, tan, be drunk and happy the whole time…. And maybe take in a little yoga. I enjoy learning about new cultures too so I hope we get experience some part of real Jamaica cultural.
Curious do they have chairs on the beach or do you just throw out a beach towel?
Any other advice or tips would be appreciated.... from what I hear everyone has a great time no matter the planning or experience.