Hello all, and thanks in advance for any help or advice!
My wife and I went to CSS a couple of years ago, and loved it.
We have decided to try CTI this year, and we leave in 11 days.
Needless to say, we are very excited.
I've been on this board quite often over the last few months, and find it very helpful. However, I have a few things I need some clarification or advice on:
1) We know the beach is small and that does not bother us. We assume it is comparable to CSS, and we liked it there. However, I also know that the CTI beach does not have much "unnatural shade" (umbrellas, etc...). How much shade can you get on the beach there? My wife likes to mix it up, but spends most of her time in at least some shade. I am usually either in the sun or in the water.....but, this would be a huge issue if she couldn't get ample shade.
2) I've read a bit about the room noise at CTI (from the hallway, from the bars, etc...). I know we cannot choose our room in advance, but once we get there, what set of rooms do you think are the most quiet? My wife is a very light sleeper and trying to figure out what our best option would be IF our room ends up in a noisy area.
3) Do I need to contact CTI or Couples at all, at this point, or will they know I am arriving at the airport? They have already taken the final payment and I supplied my flight information when I booked the vacation.
4) We are staying for 7 nights, and are planning on eating at Bayside and 8 Rivers twice each. Is this going to be an issue, and can we make these reservations the day we arrive?
5) Anything else at the resort we should be aware of? Any little tips or things other people are not aware of generally?
Thanks again for your help!
There a re quite a few palm trees on the beach for shade. We had no issue with noise when we were there last October. I suppose everyone's experience is different. CTI will know when your arriving as you have already supplied the information. Even if they didn't - No problem. they didn't have us on the list one year and we were still on the next bus out. You may only be able to book for the first visit to the restaurants. If so just go back and book as soon as you've been, there really shouldn't be a problem.
Tips - just relax and have a great time. Try everything and anything.
Originally Posted by Dickie3770
The beach at CTI has lots of shade from the trees. She might need to move her chair a bit during the day, but she will be fine.
I'd stay away from building one or two. They are closets to the main stage and can be noisy at night.
If you have notified them of your flight, then all is fine. I do print out a copy of my reservations and take with me just in case there might be some confusion.
You shouldn't have a problem booking 2 nights at each restaurant. You will need to do it at 2 different times as you can only make one reservation at a time at each of the restaurants. Remember since you are a repeater you will be eating at 8 Rivers on Monday night for the Repeater's Dinner.
There is a Buddha pool over by the spa that is available for use at anytime. It is a nice way to end the day with a soak. We enjoyed grabbing a bottle of champagne and taking it to the room at night to drink while we got ready for the evening. It felt so decadent.
Remember at CTI that a Catamaran Cruise and horseback riding are also included. Book the Catamaran Cruise as soon as you get there.
Thank you to everyone who responded!
If anyone else wants to add anything, please do. Otherwise, I'll let you all know how the trip goes and my thoughts on CTI, when we return.
Hello!! I just got back from CTI yesterday and it was wonderful!! But if you want a quiet room i highly recommend a garden view room. we had a garden suite on the 4th floor and it was awesome! Very quiet. WE only recevied 1 booking each for bayside and 8 rivers but we didnt push the issue. The food at 8 rivers was very good but dont go too hungrey as we werent served our dinner till 9:30 (7:45 reservation) BUt we really had a wonderful time and i will definatly go back someday!!!