April 12th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Hi All! I've been reading the threads of the "secrets" about the other resorts. I would love to hear about the secrets at CUT. We will be going there for the first time next summer,and we don't want to miss a thing!
April 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
1. Plan ahead for things you want to do while at CTI - there are a number of reservations you need to make and "last minute, same day" decisions could leave you out of luck (at least for that day). You'll want to make your dinner bookings for 8 Rivers Restaurant and Bayside Restaurant (if you want to eat there and both are amazing) as soon as possible after your arrival. Also if you want to do the Catamaran Cruise book that as soon as you arrive. These are all booked at Guest Services in the main lobby.
2. Also plan ahead if you want to scuba or snorkel - both are booked through the sports desk on the beach by the pier. Don't leave these experiences until your final day or two - if the ocean is too rough, these sometimes get cancelled and you'll have to rebook.
3. CTI's best non-secret is of course the Island. If you're thinking of giving it a go, visit the Au Naturel threads for lots of discussion about the island. Definitely worth considering even if only to say you "tried it". Also don't leave the island till your last day or two - there's many posts about folks who waited to try until the end - loved it - and then ran out of time.
4. Best "secret" we discovered about CTI is the "big enough that it had everything we wanted to do" but "small enough you never felt crowded" feel to the resort. And everything in the resort is "right there" - less than a 1 minute walk to anything you need or want to do onsite. Loved, loved, loved this secret!
5. Dunn's River Falls is fun albeit a little "touristy" for my liking. Watch out for the vendors on the way back to the parking lot though - they a little persistent.
6. Get up early to enjoy an Jamaican sunrise at CTI, the resort is very quiet and you'll feel like you have the whole place to yourself - usually just a few staff getting the day started. It a view you'll never forget.
7. Think about checking out the Trading Places options and visiting CSS for a day - you need to prebook this at least a week BEFORE you arrive. Click on FAQs page and scroll down the bottom of the page to "Visiting Other Couples Resorts / Trading Places" to see how to do this. (I wish Couples didn't make this so complicated). But definitely worth the effort for a day at CSS as is has a completely different feel from CTI.
8. And finally, the staff are amazing - they will greet you with a "welcome home" when you arrive and they mean it. You will feel so comfortable and welcome there.
Have a great time and "welcome home".
April 13th, 2013, 04:17 PM
my husband and I have been 5 times feel free to email us and we will fill you in on ALL the secrets! mctighth2400@gmail
April 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Great reply Canadadude. We are there April 25th and cannot wait! Will be booking the restaurants and catamaran @ check in time!
April 15th, 2013, 04:13 AM
This is excellent I never even thought of the sunrise! Is the best place to watch it on the beach? I thought the trading places was only for repeat guests, we are repeaters but I just found out our romance rewards have expired! I'm not sure if we will get an invite to the repeaters dinner because of this.
For room service do we have to order it the night before like their breakfast menu?
What hot tubs can you use at night, I noticed that you cannot use the spa one any longer after hours.
April 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM
mctighth, why don't you share your secrets with everyone?
April 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
We have been to CSA three times and love it, this year we are trying CTI in August. Would a Trading Spaces day at CSS be long enough for us to see that resort? Thanks for any info.
April 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Randandbets...everyone might not want to know about our kind of secrets lol. plus we have been there a bunch so its alot to share with out some more specific info on what someone has in mind
Originally Posted by Randandbets
April 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Re: hot tubs -- did they change that in the last year? We were at CTI at this time last year and we used the hot tubs at the spa in the evening. It was super romantic; we went relatively early -- probably 8 p.m. -- so we were the only ones there. But there are hot tubs near the main pool, too (not the swim-up bar pool).
Originally Posted by Meeko
Room service -- you don't have to order it in advance, just call them up.
As for secrets ... apparently there is a place to get specialty coffee in the souvenir shop by the beach! It's not advertised, and I didn't know until after we came home. I love a good latte, so I wish I had known! Also, if you want to try two entrees on the menu, go ahead and order them! I wanted to try the duck and the shrimp at Bayside, and they were happy to bring out two bowls.
April 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM
We used the hot tubs in the spa several times at night when we were there in January. One time someone else came just as we were leaving, but otherwise had it to ourselves. You have to be very careful because the temperature can vary greatly. On each occasion one was OK, but the other one was way too hot. It was very relaxing. The guide on our tour even mentioned using the hot tubs at night, so I assumed that meant it was ok.
Don't bother with the spa pool in January. It was FREEZING!
p.s. Meeko, anyone can do trading places if they sign up for Romance Rewards before going. It is simple and free. We enjoyed our days (we did two although you normally are only allowed one, there were only four couples going each time) at SSB away from the wind at CTI.
April 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Last edited by Allans_Angel; April 18th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
April 17th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the information! Any secrets of the resort would be appreciated.
Kjc5032 on the AU website it says that the spa jacuzzi will be closed in the evening to groups as there was some sort of incident that occurred. So I would assume its closed at night, because if more than one couple show up I guess it could be considered a group. It's too bad that someone ruined this for everyone else.
April 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Yes, kjc is right: we each got a cappuccino from the "logo" gift shop, and it was pretty good! We learned about it on the tour. Not sure what else is available there, but we'll probably go back here more often on our return trip.
June 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Last edited by Jackson22; June 10th, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
June 10th, 2013, 01:32 PM
mctighth I tried emailing you to find out some "secrets".. email didn't work
Originally Posted by mctighth
June 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
mctighth, I also tried to email you on May 18th. Thought maybe you chose not to reply, so I wasn't going to say anything since that's completely up to you, but is it possible you're not getting our emails?
Originally Posted by Jackson22
June 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM
hey everyone sorry about that..yes was having major problems with the email. Try getting us at mctighth@yahoo instead
Originally Posted by sandman799
June 14th, 2013, 08:17 PM
hey sorry about that. was having all kinds of email problems. try getting us at mctighth@yahoo in stead
July 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I tried emailing to the yahoo email as well and it wouldn't go thru
July 29th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Don't know if it went through or not but didn't get any reply when I tried the yahoo email either. Oh well,less than 2 weeks and we'll be there so I guess I'll either find out myself or be able to ask the mctighths in person since they'll be there the same time.
Originally Posted by Skinr1