Going to CTI in August! First timer :-)
Im Lorin! First post here. My new husband :-) and I are going to CTI August 18-23, 2010 and just have a few questions. Ive been reading the message boards and trip advisor for days now and am getting so excited to go! Just a few questions if you guys could weigh in iwth your expertise!
1. It will be my husbands birthday, the day we arrive. When and where would be the appropriate/best place to mention this so we could possibly get something special if they do that kind of thing. We didnt book directly through the couples website.
2. Ive read on here that they dont take requests for rooms, etc. but if we did in fact just want to make a mention of our request (without a guarantee we understand) for a room not on the ground floor, how and when should we go about that?
3. Is there a building which is more central to everything than others?
4. It seems that many people meet up at Couples and spend much of the day together. Please dont get me wrong, we are all for meeting friends but on vacation, we do like to have quite a bit of alone time to just be with each other. Also, I could be wrong but it seems like the staff push you to do "group" things- is that true? I wouldnt like that.
5. Okay- whats the deal with tipping. We are FINE with tipping- they work so hard but we read about the policies against it but then i read such conflicting reviews. Some say, they are pushing you all over the place for tips and in many cases, wont get great service if you dont and others say thats not true. What IS the truth?
6. If you are a first timer, but have signed up for the romance rewards long before you arrive, are you eligible for a day pass to CSS? Its not that clear.
7. Are there pool/ping pong tables? just wondering :-)
8. Can you guys tell me some favorite/memorable meals which you had at the "non" buffet restaurants.
9. And lastly, can someone tell me about what the "gala" is?souns fun. dress code?? well miss the beach party since we wont be there on a monday- boooo hoo for us lol!
Thanks so much everyone!