1. Upon arrival tell the front desk it is your husband's birthday and frequently they will prepare a special cake and deliver it at dinner. Since it will be on the same day as arrival, they might not be able to do it.
2. Upon check-in, let the front desk know your room request and they will do their best. Otherwise, there is no way to make the request ahead of time.
3. CTI is a very compact resort, so saying there is one building more central to others is relative. That being said, Bldg 3 is the main bldg.
4. There are plenty of people who come just to spend time with their honey and don't socialize. Don't be concerned about that and the entertainment staff do NOT force anyone to participate in activities. They are very low key about letting guests know what activity is going on.
5. Tipping is not allowed and employees will loose their job if found accepting tips. You do however: tip the baggage handlers at the airport, the shuttle driver to/from the airport, and spa personnel. If you take the catamaran cruise, they also expect a tip as they are not Couples employees. If you take any off-resort excursions, the drivers expect a tip.
6. Yes, simply give the desk your RR number and you can book the trip over to CSS on the days allowed.
8. All the food is fabulous.
9. The dress for the gala is similar to what you would wear to the reservation restaurant although some people will be in shorts. We always dress up at night and I wear a sundress while hubby wears slacks and a nice button-up shirt.
Juliann & Jeff
Jamaica Soon Come