My montra in the last couple of weeks..I think we can, I think we can, I think we can!!
And YES!! We made the final payment today!! We thought our October trip was going to have to be postponed when we unexpectedly had to replace our furnace and a/c this spring...but it looks like the stars are aligning just right for us!! Waaaa-hoooo! Worked hard on a garage sale that brought in some cash, got some unexpected refund checks, cashed in some points on a credit card, and pulled together some frequent flyer miles. 52 days until CSS...
We had quite a debate about going. I do feel a little guilty--so many people out of jobs, including close friends and some of my family. People unsure of the future, cutting back, scrimping. And, here we are thinking of jetting off on vacation...kinda self-indulgent. But, after some straight talk from fellow Couples friends and a chat with our very wise oldest daughter...we decided to go for it. We work hard and make sacrifices to make "our time" a priority and as a dear friend said, “Take the time to nurture the love you have for each other, the love that has seen you through the darkest days of despair, nurture it now, and rekindle it now. The question really should be...Can you afford NOT to go?” Thank you, my wise friend!
Now, I am so EXCITED!!!! Having been to CSA twice, we are so looking forward to a new adventure.
Jana is making her plans for while we are gone so she can get to school and dance, etc. Of course, I will worry a tiny bit because that is what moms do best. But, Holly and Emily will be at college and Jana will be fine while we are gone. She will have her quarterly check up in September before we leave (2 1/2 years remission!) so we will be confident that Jana will be healthy while we are gone and she will be fine when we come home again.
CSS HERE WE COME!!!