As we are looking forward to our trip to CSS in October, A thought came to mind of some of the joys we always look forward to. I know that many have those certain "things" that they look forward to on their trip, so here is our list of those things.
1. Hearing " welcome home" as we get off the bus from Mobay.
2. Sipping a welcome glass of champagne, overlooking the balloon bar pool when we first arrive, and realizing that we are "home".
3. Walking through our room and out to the balcony to take in the view.
4. Taking a walk in the sand on the main beach, then hitting the beach bar for the drink of the day.
5. A Bob Marley.... or 2....
6. Edgar's special omelette!!!!
7. Feeding the turtles at the pond.
8. Saying hello to crackers the parrot.
9. Lazy days at SSB.
10. Our special anniversary private dinner.
11. The roaming sax player.
What are some of your fave things that you look forward to???
Novastar, I think you pretty much covered it all very nicely! Only one other thing comes to mind that I would add, and that's a massage in the massage hut. We were last at CSS June '12 and hoping to be back again very soon! I miss it so!
Originally Posted by novastar
Well, since our first trip to CSS won't be until April 2014 we can't relate to some of the "things" on your list, but 1-5 are right on!!
Defiantly looking forward to those "things" once again.
CSS 2014 COME SOON!!
Daydreaming of Couples is contagious! Without knowing I was on the MB today, my husband called a few minutes ago and said he was just thinking about "The first time we get to have lunch after getting to Couples!" (CTI in our case) I laughed and told him about this post. :)
We just booked Air to get us home to CSS in February 2014 and I know exactly what you mean!
1. The feeling of excitement as we get on the last connecting flight heading to paradise
2. Reaching the Couples Welcome Lounge and leaving the NY winter FAR behind us with a Red Stripe
3. As we reach the entrance to CSS and see the beautiful flower garden we know we are home!
4. Heading down to the beach for our arrival ritual: drink-of-the-day, hellos to our watersports crew, amazing bartenders and staff and then a quick bite at the Beach Grill
5. Early mornings to the gym without the crazy hectic routine of home
6. Champagne & juice and Blue Mountain Coffee for breakfast!
7. Visits to the Grotto, especially on those days when you get too much sun
8. Watching the egrets and other birds coming in to the cliffs at night and heading out in the early morning
9. Did someone mention omelettes?!!
10. Dinner at Bella Vista on the lower level with the tide coming in
11. Scoring a Thatched Pallapa on the beach (I'm fair skinned and full sun rarely works in my favor)
12. Everything else that makes CSS our favorite couples resort so far, the SPA - SCUBA - SUP - pure R&R
I love the way CSA smells!! Yup, it's some combination of the flowers / plants, the sea, and suntan lotion! We especially notice this at night and in the early morning....Ahhhhhh......bliss!! :)
I wish all the resorts had the sax player! We loved listening to him at CSS.
Originally Posted by novastar
We look forward to the Martini Bar at CSA, spending the evening with Ultimate and at CSS we look forward to lazy days at Sunset Beach.
And I have to say at either resort, we always meet the nicest, friendliest people!
So I am sitting here (not at work of course) ;) reading your list of joys, and as I am reading, a small smile slowly forms on my face, and I can ALMOST feel my eyes welling up a little bit thinking about our first time to Couples, and day dreaming about the day we will get to return. One of my best and earliest memories of Couples (not something I look forward to every year, but maybe something a first timer will look forward to) was doing the orientation tour at CSS. We had Sasha as our guide, and watching her dance and skip along, singing "shine bright like a diamond" to herself as she hopped along the pathways made for the BEST first day I could ever imagine at any resort. That, and the fact that she is deathly afraid of spiders and lizards made for the best orientation I have ever had. My wife and I both still talk about the tour, and about Sasha and her personality, which shines brighter than any diamond.
287 days until we come back home to Sans Souci
280 days until we make a new second home at Couples Negril
Most of the above (I can't stand the Creme de Menthe in Bob Marleys after a bad peppermint schnapps experience) and:
-Our first patties at the beach grill
-The repeaters massage our first day
-The bartenders at SSB
novastar! I love this thread! I love when the shuttle makes the turn onto the resort property! I just can't wait to hear "Welcome Home!" I know my pulse slows and my blood pressure is back to normal. I will truly be "without a care" all the time I am home!!!
Novastar, I have printed out some of your previous posts for my CSS notebook! I can't wait to try all joys and secrets of CSS, might not make it to SSB, hubby is still saying no but I have 97 days to convince him to at least try it. :)
Brenda & Andy
My wife had the same apprehension about SSB as Andy does.... "HAD" being the operative word. Our first trip, we spent the first day on the main beach. Second day, we walked over to SSB, headed as far right as we could, and on the count of 3, stripped off and I'm sure my butt made a slapping sound when I hit the lounger, we laid down so fast.
Second day, wife said to find some chairs a little closer so the bathrooms and bar are not so far away.
Third day.... well we get there and she b-lines to a couple loungers at the pool!!!!
So much for feeling awkward...lol.
You have to tell Andy to chill out and give it a try. You guys will fit in fine, and from our experience, SSB is more relaxed, more friendly, and more enjoyable than the main beach by far. The bonus is no wet bathing suit you have to keep pulling out of your butt crack...
Just the pure feeling of being yourself, being free, and truly relaxing. He will not regret it...ever.