May 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
We are getting ready to book our second trip to Couples and were wondering if there are any discounts offered for retired military members?
May 30th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Call the Couples Reservation office. They offer a 10% military discount (with proof of service) on certain promotions. I've used it several times. Thanks for your service.
Mike and Monica
Jamaica Soon Come.
CSA Torch Holder 2012
May 30th, 2013, 02:37 PM
when we booked last year (and this year) there was no discount for active duty. but it could have changed. I would call the 1-800 number and ask. its worth a shot.
May 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM
None that I know of but I would still like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service
May 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I'd call the 800# & ask about a discount .... I've seen on here that there is a military discount but not sure if that's just for active duty.
May 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Here's the text from a 2011 Randymon posting on the subject:
Here are details regarding our military discount policy:
We are pleased to announce a new promotion for US military personnel. This is for active and retired personnel that carry valid identification.
• A 10% discount on current available HOTEL ONLY rates. The Military discount will only be applied if reservation is confirmed at least 46 days from time of arrival or at time of full payment (if within 46 days).
• All guests utilizing the Military Discount are required to bring their military id card for proof of identification to the resort upon check in. Lack of valid identification will result in loss of discount with the difference payable at time of check in.
• Military Discount is not available for travel December 26- January 2, and February 11 - 26
• Military Discount is only available through Couples Resorts’ reservations center (client direct or travel agent).
• Military Discount is not valid for group travel
Note: Not valid for Secret Rendezvous or Couplicious Wednesday Escape Specials.
See sample of blank military id http://www.triwest.com/unauth/conten...aryIDCards.pdf
Chief Romance Officer and Senior Vice President
I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).
May 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the information. I'll call the reservation center right away!
May 31st, 2013, 10:43 AM
I had asked about the military discount and was told that if you have a special promotion rate (i.e. resort credits/free nights/etc.) then you can't get the discount. Never hurts to ask though!
May 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
yes but only US military for some odd reason. I say odd because of course Jamaica is in the Commonwealth and we share the same queen in whose name British forces are deployed.