Ok, I have thought long and hard about this for the past month or so specially since Couples announced the recent price increases, and the complaints following the announcement.
As a 7 yr repeater we really do enjoy couples and look forward to coming back. Yes, I consider ourselves blessed. Going back through our records, the daily cost in the past 7 years have increased at a smaller percentage than income has increased, so I am lucky. I understand others may not be as lucky.
However, I also understand what items make up costs for couples, and many of the major costs such as wages, depreciation, insurance, etc. there is nothing that we as family members can do about.
However, in the past few years I have seen things that we as guests do and can correct that do add cost to couples. Please do not take offense, this is not meant to say everyone does this, or these things, just a simple reminder to all.
Our list of $$$$$$ waste
1. Food costs couples $ and while everyone should enjoy all you can, do not try to see how much you can load on a plate if you have no intention to eat it. I can not count the number of plates I have seen with more food or desserts left on them than the normal person would take.
2. Unlimited drinks does not mean order a drink, take a sip, forget where you put it down, and then order another one. The number of glasses I see 3/4 full and wasted is a crime.
3. I love the concept of bottled water at CN. However, the number of bottles never opened or open just for one swallow, then left on the beech is a crime.
4. Beach towels, I see no reason for people to turn the beach towel in 5 - 6 times a day. The laundry for those has got to be expensive.
5. Sheets, I do not know many people that change sheets and pillow cases every day at home, why do it here. I know Couples is going green and offer the option, I wish more people would take advantage of it.
I really hesitate on this last one,
I think Couples pays a nice amount for the evening entertainment provided. I really feel sorry for the entertainers sometimes at the poor quantity of guests watching the entertainment. While I respect everyone has different tastes, if the entertainment is not to guests liking, we need to give couples feedback so they can either find other entertainment, or decide to save money and not provide it,
OK, thanks for letting me vent, and I apoligise if this upset anyone.