I was wondering if you could help me find a recipe. We went to CN this past December. They had amazing coconut macaroon cookies! This is our third year celebrating the holidays at Couples. We can't be there next year (but are already reserved for 2011). I asked the front desk for the recipe and they told me to ask the chef. Needless to say, we never found him. Could you either tell me who to contact or help me get the recipe? I want to make them next December so we can have a little piece of Jamaica in Missouri. Thank you! -Mary Beth
Last edited by Couples Resorts; January 5th, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
250 ml egg white
1 lb 3 oz granulated sugar
1 ½ lb coconut flakes
• Heat the egg white and sugar in a pan. (Do not boil!)
• Add the coconut flakes and roast on the stove for about two minutes.
• Take the pan from the stove and scoop small portions on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
• Let them dry for about one hour, then bake them at 350°F until they are golden in colour.
• Don’t try to take them of the paper until they are completely cold because they will brake up.
You can add a number of different additions to this recipe, such as toasted nuts, chocolate chips. Mix this in at the end, just before you portion them out on a baking sheet.
Misja Ruijs, Head Chef
#2 Coconut- Chocolate Chip Macaroons
A very simple recipe - with great results. Try to get fresh (vacuum-packed sweetened) shredded coconut.
9oz flaked coconut
3 oz mini semisweet chocolate chips
3 oz condensed milk
1 teasp. vanilla
Combine the above ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place small amounts on grease paper and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown (approximately 7 – 10 minutes)
Corporate Executive Chef