Ok - time to close this one down too.
1. Be firm and simply say no to any advance requests for specific rooms, floors or buildings.
2. No change. Be flexible upon arrival, try to accommodate requests at check-in. Good and Bad. Good= trying to satisfy guests. Bad = will take longer to check everyone in. Those expecting requests to be confirmed give staff a hard time and will start vacation on a sour note.
3. Add several more room categories and charge more for most popular room, floor, buildings. NOT Happening!
4. Allow advance requests and charge for specific confirmed requests. Tempting from a revenue standpoint, but I can see several problems with this approach. Unlikely.
5. Create this (free) option at the highest Romance Rewards level - and possibly create a "Forever Love" top level for 50+ nights. This could work however it would involve more staffing and still would not be 100% effective. Two Forever Love guests requesting the same room at the same time? who gets it? First-come, First Served?
Whatever decision we take - if anything - we will be guided by our desire to enhance our guest experience and loyalty.
Chief Romance Officer and Senior Vice President