October 27th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I have a few questions... I apologize as I'm not the best with a "search" button. At any rate, my Fiance and I are eager to book at one of the couples resorts (they seem to offer the most for what we're looking for) but need help deciding which one. Below is a list of what's most important to us...any suggestions are appreciatted. Thanks!
In order od Priority
1. Wedding...we want to get married on a beach with beautiful ambiance. (which resort has the reputation for satisfied brides?)
2. Tropical atmosphere...I live in a city (Indianapolis...I want a vacation on the ocean and surrounded by beautiful flora scenery)
3. Snorkeling/scubadiving ...(I love the water and plan to spend most of my time in it. If possible, I'd like to be able to just walk out of the hotel room and snorkel and check out the marine life...which resort has the best water to do this. I'd rather have interested marine life than a sandy beach. Although I can't really complain about a sandy beach at all, of course)Also, I plan on doing the scuba diving excursion...are all the resorts about the same? Is Ocho Rios more "lush" than Negril?
4. Most "romantic" sunsets...or other scenic views. You get the idea, I think. I'd like a place that could offer a few "cherished moments" with my other.
5. Entertaining nightlife... I'm not looking for a crazy, wild, party place but I'm still young and I like to "live it up" every now and agan... I'd like to have the option of having a "good time" at least one of the nights...any thoughts on the Margaritaville? If there's nothing on the resort, I'd like a place that's fun, close to the hotel and SAFE!
6. this last one might be silly so it's down on my list... but we are in our mid-20's ...do the resorts vary much in terms of age groups? Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I think we'd feel more comfortable among those of an approximate age group. If everyone there is over sixty I'm afraid we might feel a bit out of place.
7. Lastly, we probably wont try the Au natural thing because we are pretty shy about our bodies... but we do like to try new things so it'd be nice if we had the option of one that was more "newbie safe" ...maybe in the sense that it was more "clothing optional" so maybe we could inch our way into it. I know my lady likes to topless sunbath but she wont stand for those gawking at her (sometimes not even me he he)so... I don't know, just looking for sugestions.
Thanks very much for any possible info!!!
October 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
October 28th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, those are all GOOD questions.
Just returned from CSA and here's some answers:
Not sure about satisfied brides, but our friends renewed their vows on the beach and she was thrilled, amazing pictures, like postcard views.
CSA is very tropical, like walking in through a jungle (in a good way), not a lot of flowers. We were told this really avoids allergy problems for many guests, but the greenery is still so lush and beautiful, we really didn't miss lots of flowers at all.
You can snorkel right off the beach but need to bring your own equipment to do so. Basically, the resort snorkel boat is always either coming or going, so their equipment is always in use. We scuba'd and had a great time. The snorkel trips (three a day) are great, quick to get to sites, lots of great fish.
Sunsets? I've seen a lot of sunsets all over the world, and these in Negril can't be beat.
Nightlife. Margaritaville is right down the beach. We were told it's ok to walk down there at night. It's like five to ten minutes to walk. There's actually a great night club at the resort, and a great martini bar.
Au naturel. Hmm, not at CSA, but topless sunbathing is allowed on the beach. I'm 42 and have not that many inhibitions, so I enjoyed being on the float with my drink and just my bottoms.
The guests at CSA were either newlyweds, lots and lots (which I just love seeing newly married couples) or people our age, forties or so. I'd say there was probably an equal mix, maybe more young people, though.
Rest assured, you will have fun if you go there. We met so many amazing and interesting people in just six days. Good luck!!