Some additional tips
1) The Grill has the best food and closes at 6pm.
2) Take the resort scuba dive course, you'll love it and it's free.
3) If you order a cheese omelet and then request additional ingredients just before they put on the cheese, you can avoid getting everything mixed/cooked in with the eggs.
4) They do not understand that milk needs to be cold and is a good drink for breakfast. Start a rotation of glasses of milk in your room fridge so that each day you take out the cold and put in the warm to get cold for the next day.
5) Bring liquid laundry detergent and plan on bathtub laundry everyday.
6) Bring lots of things to hang laundry on to dry.
7) It doesn't matter what you choose for the morning room service, they will bring what they bring and you can't affect it. Be happy and look at it as a daily wake up surprise.
8) Bring your own snorkel set if possible and take it everywhere you go, especially the cat cruise.
9) Bring a laptop with cables to connect to the flat panel in the room so you can play an occasional movie.
10) Bring some movies to play.
If Rule #4 is an issue with you, book a Bob Marley trip to 9-mile. It's legal there, but you can't take it back with you.
:) no disrespect alexanda, but I'm on VACATION....I'll do laundry when I get HOME!!!
Relax, have FUN!!!! Be adventurous...try things you’d NEVER do back home!
1 - You can't be worried about a little rain ..... it happens ..... pretty much daily ..... it's OK ..... take a nap, have some "together time", have a drink or 2 or 3, play some games with the entertainment staff - whatever ..... You're in paradise. It's all good. Expect it.
2 - Take some "fat pants" with you to wear home ..... You'll need 'em after the great food & drinks.
3 - Take plastic bags with you to carry home wet swimsuits .... they don't dry that fast in the humidity & you don't want stuff fading on each other in your luggage.
4 - Take at least 3 swimsuits so you're no having to put on a damp suit each morning ..... not pleasant.
5 - Make sure to have an ink pen with you on the plane & your passports & flight info handy to fill out the paperwork for immigration & customs ..... You'll need it.
6 - Make sure to take the resort orientation if you're a newbie there ..... It pays off later ..... You know what's going on & where it's happening so it saves time later. Plus you meet some of the staff & some other guests so it helps you get into the fun ASAP.
7 - Jump into the fun ..... Mingle & make friends ...... It makes your experience so much better.
8 - Go with the flow ...... Don't plan too much stuff ..... It's all about relaxing ...... It's amazing how much time it takes just doing "nothing".
9 - Try new foods & new drinks ..... If you don't like it, you can always get something else ..... Take advantage of this chance to experience new things.
10 - ENJOY ...... RELAX ...... BE PAMPERED ...... Reality comes back way too soon so let yourself go while you have the chance ..... Let the Couple Staff take care of you!
<<2 - Take some "fat pants" with you to wear home ..... You'll need 'em after the great food & drinks.>>>
MaxErnie, "fat pants" -- that is great! And boy, that is certainly good advice! :)
Exactly 24 days and 55 minutes until we leave for paradise! Not that I am counting or anything....
As the book says "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff".
Originally Posted by alexanda