We’d like to introduce Couples Resorts Staff Spotlight to our blog! Each month, we’d like to recognize one of our team members for exceptional dedication to the resort and its guests. This month, we’d like to introduce Teresa Clarke, a pastry chef at Couples Sans Souci Resort.
Couples Sans Souci Pastry Chef – Teresa Clarke
Have you ever wondered who the face is behind those delicious desserts you crave at Couples Resorts? Meet Teresa, an award winning pastry chef here at our Jamaica all inclusive resort. In 2012, Teresa was recognized as Pastry Chef of the Year in the Taste of Jamaica Culinary Competition and continued her winning streak in 2013 when she walked away with the top award for her individual cheesecake creation in the Taste of the Caribbean, a showcase of Caribbean cuisine.
Below Teresa shares with us her award winning cheesecake recipe:
Wild Thyme Cheesecake
- 400g. Cream cheese
- 350g. Heavy cream
- 6oz. Icing sugar
- 4 Gelatine sheet
- 3oz. Fresh thyme
- Cream the cream cheese and the icing sugar.
- Add thyme and mix well then add to gelatine.
- Whip the heavy cream and fold into mixture.
Cod Fish Crumble
- 2oz. Oats
- 3oz. Sugar
- 1oz. Flour
- 3oz. Butter (melted)
- 1oz. Almond (sliced)
- 2 oz. Cod fish
- Combine dry ingredients and add to melted butter.
- Cook fish then bake until it becomes crispy.
- Chop the baked fish finely then add to mixture and mix well.
Ackee Passion Jelly
- 200g. Passion fruit Puree
- 4oz. Sugar
- 4oz. Ackee (cooked)
- 2 Gelatine sheet
- Boil puree, sugar and ackee then add gelatine.
- Pour mixture into mold to set.
Jerk Caramel Sauce
- 200g. Heavy cream
- 150g. Brown sugar
- 50g. Glucose
- ¼ oz. Jerk spice
- Caramelize sugar and glucose.
- Add heavy cream and jerk spice then blend.
Serving portion: 12 persons