Couples Jamaican Resorts loves to bring in the New Year with a Jamaican twist to reflect the Christmas season mixed with a year round tradition recipe. From the recipe collection of one of our most talented Pastry Chefs, comes this method for a delicious mouthwatering dessert that can be enjoyed with friends and family all year long!
White Chocolate Sorrel Cheesecake
- 375g Cream cheese
- 125g Granulated Sugar
- 8 sheets Gelatin
- 1 Liter Heavy Cream
- 4 Whole Egg whites
- 1c Pina Colada Mix
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- 2c Melted White Chocolate
- Cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, place in a bowl.
- Whisk heavy cream and place it in a separate bowl.
- Whisk Egg whites and sugar until its makes a stiff meringue
- Put gelatin to melt in a container of cold water, combine melted white chocolate Pina colada and then fold it in the cream cheese, add melted gelatin to mixer and fold heavy cream.
- Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated
Sorrel Jelly Ingredients:
- 3c Sorrel Juice
- ½ c Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated Fresh Ginger
- 6 sheets gelatin
- Put ginger, sugar and sorrel into large pot to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin sheets to the pot of sorrel mixture mix well and ensure that the gelatin leaves are dissolved.
- Use a piece of plastic wrap on an even baking tray and pour mixture on the baking tray.
- Place aside to cool.
- In a round cake pan around six (6)”, line with a piece plastic wrap and pour half of the cheesecake mixture in cake pan.
- Pour the sorrel jelly onto the cheesecake mixture and place in cooler. Once the jelly sets half way, pour the remaining portion of the cheesecake mixture and place in freezer to set overnight.
- Slice and serve with your choice of toppings – we love chocolate sauce!
We certainly hope that you will enjoy this delectable dessert from our all inclusive Caribbean resorts!