Are you into healthy living? Do you sometimes wonder if your vacation destination will be able to cater to your dietary needs? Are you wondering if your healthy choices are going to be appetizing enough? If you've answered yes to any of these questions then pick up the phone, dial 1-800-Couples, pack your bags and board a plane destined for Jamaica; the home of Couples all inclusive resorts.
We recognize that healthy eating is now a common lifestyle which is why our Caribbean vacations all inclusive dining resorts have veggie bars with knowledgeable, talented chefs ready to cater to your needs. So whether you need a ”boost” after an intense workout at the gym or just want an alternative to a “heavy buffet dish”, the veggie bar provides a wide assortment of nutritional sandwiches, salads, fruits, chips and dips, and wraps. In addition, the bar also features healthy juice options all made from local, fresh ingredients.
Stefan Spath, Corporate Executive Chef for Couples, continues to ensure that exceptionally high standards are maintained at all dining locations. The veggie bars offer alternatives so as to ensure an assortment of options; each day the menu is the slightly altered to provide you with tasty treats that will leave you wanting more. Don’t forget to visit the veggie bars at Couples Resorts whilst on vacation in the Caribbean and stay healthy with us.
Executive Chef, Stephen Spath, at the Veggie Bar
Healthy Tip of the Day:
Try to eat five different colored fruits and veggies daily:
- Breakfast: White—A bottle or glass of coconut water has been proven to be very beneficial
- Snack: Yellow —Tropical fruit salad will get you through until lunch; Try mixing sliced banana & mango
- Lunch: Green — Spinach and arugula salad surely covers green
- Dinner: Orange — Roasted yams certainly cover the color orange
- Dessert : Red —Sliced melon makes a wonderful dessert
Do you have any healthy eating tips you can’t live without? We’d love to hear them! We’re also sharing with you the recipe for a melon cooler, exclusively found at Couples veggie bar.
- 2 cups water melon
- 2 tbs ginger
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1sp mint leaves
- 1 ¼ cup water
- Blend all of the above ingredients together until smooth. Use a fine strainer to strain and chill