All inclusive resorts offer the opportunity to have an unlimited supply of food and drinks while you sit back, relax, and enjoy your vacation. It is with this in mind that the pastry teams at your Jamaican destinations aim to ensure that your palettes are always left wanting more once you've tasted any of their delicious dessert items. To ensure that you are able to enjoy one of the most requested desserts served at our Caribbean all inclusive resort even at home, we’re sharing with you below the recipe for Couples Chocolate Cake; perfect for sharing with friends and family for any occasion!
Couples Chocolate Cake
Serves 4 persons
- 1 lb 10oz sugar
- 10 0z shortening
- 1.4 oz flour
- 8 eggs
- ½ oz baking soda
- 4 oz cocoa powder
- 1 lb milk
- 0.5 oz baking powder
- Cream sugar, flour, cocoa, shortening and baking powder.
- Combine egg white and egg. Add slowly.
- Mix milk and soda together add to mixture.
- Pour into desired baking pan and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To know when it’s baked place a bamboo skewer in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean then it’s ready.
- 625kg Prima Coating Chocolate (chopped)
- 125g Semi-Sweet Chocolate (chopped)
- 63g Glucose
- 337g Heavy Cream
- 250g Simple Syrup (Combine 125L water & 168g sugar in pot, boil for 5 minutes)
- Chop chocolate and place in a container.
- Warm cream, glucose and simple syrup.
- Add warm cream mixture to the chopped chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate is dissolved. Put to cool in refrigerator.
- Spread on cake once cooled and decorate with chocolate pieces.
Enjoy! Let us know what you think of this delicious recipe