This time I'm gonna ....
starting to get really excited about our quickly approaching return home (#4) to CN, and thought starting a thread like this might be a fun a way to pass the time. If you're a repeater, list one (or more!) things you haven't done yet during past trips, but want to do on your next visit. If you're a newbie, feel free to list some of the things you are looking forward to experiencing during your first time in paradise! Here's my list ....
1) finally take the leap and spend some time on the au naturel beach (or at the very least, hit the au naturel hot tub one evening!)
2) actually get to go on the night snorkel (the last two trips we signed-up, but both trips were cancelled due to high winds)
3) take one of the kayaks out at least once
4) walk down to the office of nature
5) order the "drink of the day" at least once every day
6) play some ping-pong on one of the outdoor tables
7) spend some time exploring CSA's grounds during our trading places day (instead of letting sand gravity take over and just laying on the beach or around the swim-up bar!)
8) attend at least one yoga class
9) try to catch the Silverbirds' poolside performance
10) schedule a private dinner in treehouse
Kristie & Marco
CN - 2006, 2008, 2010 & April 2012 (only 47 more sleeps!)
Kristie and Marco,
Good thread. How fun!
1) Nude beach. We have been too chicken to attempt it, but this is our year.
2) Night snorkeling. This is my hubs thing, but I'll go along with him even though it scares me.
3) I'm a vegetarian/vegan but very much considering eating the fresh fish just because it's so darn good for you.
5)Meditate on the beach each am while the sun is coming up.
6)Go visit some of the dinky resorts in the cliffs where we used to stay. (good memories)
7) Hobie cats. We spent most of our time in the kayaks last year and didn't get to try these out.
59 days until CN!
Cool Idea! We return to CSA 5/19 -5/29
1) Try to get over my fear of the snorkeling equipment. We brought our own and I tried it out on a calm day in the ocean but I felt suffocated and gave up quickly.
2) Try the water bikes (I think I remember them there!)
3) Use the sports complex more
4) Hang out in the Martini bar one night
5) Try to stay up past 10-11p and dance in the Aura Lounge. :)
I'm sure I'll think of more....
Christin (& Dick)
CSA - May 2009, 2010 and 2012!
Actually make a trip into Negril ..... In 9 trips to Negril (10 to Jamaica), other than going into Rick's to watch the cliff divers & sunset, we've never been into the town of Negril. I hear there's a lighthouse .....
Do some of the nightly activities at least 2 of the 8 nights instead of going to bed at 9:00 pm ..... If I can keep hubby awake that late.
Actually read on the beach or at the pool ..... I drag a book with me everyday but never open it because too busy with other things or end up just looking at the gorgeous surroundings.
NOT eat 3 desserts with every meal ......
Stay in our swimsuits to watch the sunset on the beach ....
Ok, here's my list for CSA in June:
Spend more time on the beach.
Spend more time in the ocean, and on the beach.
Have dinner at Feathers.
Explore the grounds on the sports complex side of the road.
Go down the slide off the catamaran.
Visit some of the beach side restaurants and bars when walking the beach.
Spend more time with friends.
Do more of the things that my wife suggests.
Take more pictures and video when just walking around.
Try the hot tubs at night.
Run the beach in the morning more than once.
Have a good cigar.
Try some new foods.
Spend more time on the beach. (Yes, I know I said that already. I love the beach.)
We head to CSA in 5 months for our honeymoon... and cannot wait. We're both super excited.
1) Workout - I put this first, because it's probably the least likely to happen
2) Enjoy some spa services (oh yes we will)
3) Fresh sushi anyone? (didn't have this at previous location)
4) Hit the hobie cats earlier and often (Yes.. this)
5) Scuba (didn't get a chance last time - weather)
6) Snorkel (didn't get a chance last time - weather)
7) Trading places for a day!
8) Beach.... Ocean.... Jamaica.... Friends... Drinks.... Food.... Memories.
Yay, this is fun!
1. SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH MY AMAZING HUSBAND!!!
2. See more of Jamaica off the resort.
3. Go diving.
4. Go snorkeling.
5. Eat at Pallazini for breakfast and drink coffee while watching the sun rise.
6. Drink wine on our balcony while watching the sun go down!
7. Go to the beach party. (I'm not sure why we didn't last year)
8. Take a nap in a hammock!
9. Hang out with Jermaine! Lol!
We cannot wait! 52 more days and we will be "home" !!!
CSS 2011. 2012.
"Go over the wall" to try some outside resort things (not tours), ie:
1. Get some REAL jerk chicken
2. Do the Love Bus pub crawl
3.Visit the Pelican Bar
4. Do a Trading Places with CSA and walk Long Bay
I'M GOING TO STAY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe it's your snorkel gear. I had the same problem in Mexico. Turns out it was my tube. It was a bendy one. When I barrowed hubby's who has a non- bendable tube I had no problems.
Originally Posted by Musicalrose
For our trip in April 2013,
1-three dives for some jerk
2- hobie cats
3- the bonfire on the beach
4- the slide on the cat cruise
5- a Bob Marley shot-maybe!
*Have a champagne toast on my verandah at sunset
*Try the love bus tour (anyone have any information on this?)
*Try as many different flavors of martinis as I can
*Take my drink to my float in the ocean
I am going to print this list before I go to remind us of all the wonderful things that all of you have brought up that we have not done!!!!
The one thing on our list is using the trading places to visit CN!
Iriedreaming - we will be there at the same time (we are at CN April 12-20). My one warning about Office of Nature is there is the potential for heavy duty sales job. They want your cash. You have to be good at smiling and saying "no thank you."
Hmm, does one visit to CTI and going back May 2013 make us repeaters or newbies?
Well, either way, our things to (try) to do on our return trip:
1. Dunns River Falls excursion
2. Take out a Hobie cat
3. Take out a kayak for more than 15 minutes (we need to hit the gym!)
4. Try some alcoholic beverages (maybe a mudslide, something fruity and sweet for the wife)
5. Try a Red Stripe!
6. Go water skiing (Did this a couple times when my Grandparents owned a lake house)
7. Get to the fitness center (hey, if I'm going to be up before dawn, I may as well get a workout in before breakfast)
8. Go on one of the shopping excursions into town
Jason & Kathy
CTI in 453 days!
1. Beach, Beach, Beach
2. Walk further down the beach and check out the sights
3. Planning to have a dinner off the resort at Rockhouse
4. Find the Mango lady who strolls the beaches in Negril and get me some mango
5. I don't smoke but I may by a pack of cig's from the Cigarette Man I have seen walking the beach for the last 8 years.
6. Spa, Spa Spa
7. Never think of calories in drinks, food and not going anywhere near a workout facility, I will deal with the results after vacation.
8. Not feel guilty that I have a beachfront room that gives me goosebumps when I take in the view. That alone is worth getting up at 6:00 am
CTI in 86 days and this time we're gonna:
1)Make our reservation to 8 Rivers
4)Play a game of bones with Romane
5)more beach, mon!
6)go to CSS for the day trade
6) find someone willing to do a Bob Marley shot with me, as Tim swears he will never drink another one! (the reference is actually 'kerosine'...)
thanks for the heads' up on OON Bert, we are figuring things will probably the same as there as when we walked down the long stretch of 7 mile beach on our trading places day at CSA. We enjoy bantering with the locals, and appreciate that they are just trying to make some cash. They are always so good about respecting our smiles and no thanks yous when we truly aren't interested.
Can anyone tell me more about this "love bus pub crawl" thing? sounds like something we might want to add to our "to do" list!! :)