CNers thinking of CSS
Need some help from CSS repeaters.
1) We love walking the beaches at CN and CSA but can live with a smaller beach and relaxing, question are you able to walk from sunset beach across the river to the beach on the other side?? Yes with a swimsuit not AN :)
2) Is sunset beach open to both AN and swimwear after 5PM along with the pool there? I would be AN wife with small bottom after 5PM, is the bar there still open after 5PM?
3) Would 10 nights be to long to stay at the resort, do you think because of its size and kind of remoteness we would be bored and maybe should split our stay? Or is CSS beauty and romantic setting enough to keep away the restlessness for a long stay?
4) If you have been to CN is the food at diner just as superb, our last stay in mid August food was superb, our last two trips there it has been really pushed up a few notches and has been outstanding.
Doc & Spike
Hubby and I have been to CSS 5 times with trip #6 coming in December, so I will try to answer some of your questions:
#1 You cannot walk from SSB to the Main Beach along the water--there is a wooded peninsula between the two beaches. Couples owns this undeveloped property except for 1 small parcel.
#2 Depending on the time of year, after 6pm during the summer and after 5pm other times during the year, you will still see folks AN around the pool at sunset. When SSB opens up to everyone, your wife can pretty much wear what she likes. When we were there in July this year, the bar at SSB did stay open for sunset. A neat touch, there is a phone at SSB and one couple used the phone to order appetizers and drinks while they waited for sunset. Don't know if you can still do it, but it was a nice touch!
#3 We were at CSS for 10 days in July and thought it was the perfect length. Long enough to renew our love for one another and I was ready to go back and take on the world beside my hubby at the end of our stay! No, IMHO I don't think you will be bored at CSS for 10 days!
#4 I haven't been to CN, but I don't think you will be disappointed by the food at CSS!
Have a great trip!!!
Hi there! Been to CSS 2 times, heading back for number 3! susyQ has it right on everything but I have to add my two cents.......
1. Although the beaches are not as long as luxurious as CN, they still have a ton of benefits. The regular beach is the larger of the two and gives plenty of space to lounge and relax and the AN beach is smaller and rockier but plenty of space as well. Keep in mind that CSS is a smaller resort so although there is less beach space, there are fewer couples. We have never had an issue finding a spot to hang out hats.
2. Yes, SSB is open to everyone after 5 or 6 depending on the time of year. Typically the bar closes once the AN hours are over, but exceptions are made depending on demand and staff availability.
3. CSS is definitely one of the resorts where you should not be bored. Since it has a ton of amazing hideaways and paths, there is always something to explore. We find at least one new spot/view every time we go. Of course, we are tough to pull away from the pool because it is so relaxing. We haven't stayed for 10 days yet, but have gone for 9 and didn't feel like we stayed too long.
4. Again, cannot compare to CN but the food at CSS is definitely amazing! One of the things we love is that you can get room service all day/night! CSS has a few perks the other resorts do not which is why we continue to return.......hope you love it as much as we do!
We've been to CN 3 times and are heading to CSS for our third time next April. For us it's a draw between the two as to which one is our favorite. They are both great in different ways and you made a great choice in checking out CSS for your next trip.
suzyQ did a great job covering your SSB questions, so no need for comment on that.
No, 10 nights will not be too much time at CSS. We did 10 nights at CN back in '04 for our 25th anniversary and could have easily stayed longer. When we went to CSS for the first time it was for 7 nights and it didn't seem long enough. We're doing 8 nights in April.
I think CSS has the most beautiful grounds to explore, 2 beaches, 4 beautiful pools, hidden hot tub, grotto, and the most incredible location for a massage that you will ever find.
There is nothing more relaxing then listening to the waves flowing into the cliffs below you as you are getting a massage.
Food....excellent to say the least! We've been to 3 of the 4 Couples resorts and they all have fantastic food. If we were forced to rate them, CSS would top our list. Another bonus at CSS is the in room dining option. We always enjoy one night having a romantic dinner on the balcony and like having the option of ordering appetizers delivered to our room while getting ready to go out for the night.
You will love CSS...have a great trip!
Thanks everyone I think it looks like CSS next summer!
I have to pipe in on this one, as your questions have already been answered I will just tell you my thoughts.
We have been to CN twice and CSS twice. Just like rjammin, it is a draw for us as to which is our favorite. We had done CN twice and talked a group of CN loyalists into trying CSS with us. We were all nervous, primarily because of the beach, but honestly it was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Yes we missed the beach, but the other pro's to CSS made us ok with it. The grounds will blow you away, IMO they are the most outstanding grounds of all 4 resorts. (yes we have visited CSA & CTI). The ambiance of this resort is like Disneyland for adults. Romance is in the air at every turn!
I love the fact that EVERY room at CSS has an oceanfront view! We are partial to the One Bdrm Ocean Suites with the large balconies. We love sitting on the balcony in the morning with coffee and Continental Breakfast, and in the evenings with a cocktail or glass of wine listening to the tree frogs. Again it is a bonus you are looking right at the ocean no matter what category you choose.
I love that you have in room dining for all 3 meals at CSS regardless of room category.
I love the staff here! The General Manager makes himself known to most guests in some way. He really has his fingers on the pulse of the resort. Everything truly trickles down from him.
I love the spa huts on the cliffs!
If you are into AN, you cannot beat Sunset Beach for all it has to offer. If you are not be sure to go over there for sunset!
Hidden surprises around every corner, this resort is just plain fun to explore. With 4 pools, and hot tubs here and there. Well I don't want to give everything away :).
You made a wonderful choice! Go with the mind set that it is going to be different than CN. It is supposed to be! It has it's own charms that make it special.
CN 06, 07
CSS 08, 10
CN (3) times, CSS (1) time and CTI tomorrow
We enjoyed CSS, and SSB was very nice. You cannot really walk on the beaches for any length
I thought the food was better at CN
But we loved the in room dining at CSS, we used to enjoy this perk at GLN before we started staying at Couples
We had the beachfront suite [A-Block], loved the location of this room
Ten nights? I'd do a split stay between CSS and CTI.
We would but we do not go to the AN beach and wife enjoys being topless so we do not want to be confined/segregated to the pier so CTI is out.
Just throwin it out there..was at css for 6 days in May..i was the absolutely only one topless on main beach..and definately got some looks.Moved over to An and loved it..completly nude of course.
My wife has been getting looks for her entire life, just rolls of her back, but thanks for the info and happy to hear you enjoyed the AN beach, she is just a topless gal and does not care for AN.
Originally Posted by chacy
Thanks to everyone we booked CSS lat night for July 22nd arrival, got great price for 10 nights and $850 R/T airfare for two on Air Jamaica out of JFK at 6A same flights we had this past August!!!!!!!!!!! :) Looking forward to our stay.
Loved this forum. We've been CN repeaters for several years and decided to give CSS a try this October, heading there in 37 days. Thanks for all the wonderful info!!!
columbo- you'll love CSS! Start your countdown for July!!! We have seen topless on the main beach. Not a big deal! Enjoy the whole experience at CSS!
Ladydia41- we will also be arriving at CSS on Oct. 20th for trip #3! Meet you at the beach bar for a Hummingbird! I'll be the girl in the cowboy hat! CSS is different from CN, but in a special way! You'll love it!
Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.
share love,share happy,share useful information about http://www.mmolive.com/ and http://www.mmohome.com
[QUOTE=lanshan75;189814]Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.
No....I can't like you and I don't like you for advertising on this board.
GREAT!!! I'll be looking for you!!! We're arriving on the 19th of October with two other couples. We will be the middle aged group enjoying the beach bar in the afternoons with the Texas accents. Can hardly wait for that Hummingbird ;)
Originally Posted by ginjoe