CSS Questions please
We visited CSS many moons ago before it was part of the Couples family and since we have come to love our Couples vacations so much we are considering going back there in the spring. But we do have a few questions we would appreciate some help with...
1) What is the least expensive nice room that will ensure that we have a nice balcony? Is there a clear 'best choice' of rooms for those of us who love a balcony with a nice view without drastically increasing our vacation expense?
2) There seem to be fewer restaurant options for dinner at CSS than at CN or CSA. Does this make getting dinner reservations at the nicer restaurants more difficult during high season?
3) How many of the choices for dinner are indoors with A/C? (This is not a deal breaker, but we do like to have a comfortable cool dinner sometimes even in Jamaica)
4) It looks like two of the restaurants say they are closed Tuesdays and Fridays. Is this because of special dinners on the beach or something?
Thanks very much for sharing you expertise on CSS!
All the best-
We were at CSS 2 years ago (and going back in a month). Here's what I remember:
1. I can't remember for sure what block/prices were like. We were in D block and had a great view - and it wasn't too expensive.
2. We had no difficulty getting dinner reservations in October last time. May have had one night where we had to go to a second choice. They've also added a 4th restaurant since we were there last.
3. Two of three were A/C when we were there last. I 'm not sure about the new 4th option.
4. Yes, special dinners on the beach those nights (Tues. and Friday) for all guests.
I think I can help you with questions 2-4. Hubby and I love CSS so much we've gone 5 times in 2 years! So here goes:
#2--We have never had a problem making dinner reservations at Casanova or Palazzina. Hubby makes all our reservations for our stay while I'm checking us in. You may need to be flexible during high season---by this I mean eat earlier than you would like or later than you normally would. If you're flexible, you should have no problem getting a reservation.
#3--Casanova and Palazzina have indoor and outdoor dining options. The Beach Grill becomes Bella Vista in the evenings for dinner and is all outdoor dining.
#4--Yes. Tuesday night is the Beach Party and Friday Night is the Starlight Gala! The Starlight Gala has an awesome array of delicious food and desserts and entertainment. They are both buffets. If you don't like buffets, you can order from room service.
Hope this helps!
Here's our answers to your questions:
You're welcome and hoping you find CSS better since it's become part of the Couples Resort family.
Originally Posted by rhallva
Bart & Bug
Not to mention you can do room service on those special occasion nights, or any other night and have AC in the room if you don't want to go to Bella Vista