My wife and I enjoy a round of golf or two when we go on vacation. We are trying our first Jamaica experience this year at Couples CSS. I'm trying to get some feedback and advise from anyone who has played golf there.
1. Is there a golf course that is worth playing?
2. Can you rent clubs? I don't think we want to drag our clubs with us.
3. Is golf part of the "all inclusive" package?
4. Do you need to make reservations before the trip?
5. Is there anything else I need to know about it?
We golfed during our trip in December.
1) The course is great. Very pretty and in great shape. Quite forgiving too.
2) Yes you can rent clubs. Not priced too badly.
3) Green fees and transfer are included. You must use a caddy (One if you rent a cart, two if you walk.) I think it was $18.00 plus tip.
4) No reservation before your trip. Usually okay if you set it up the day before and sometimes even that morning will work.
5) Watch out for the little ant hills as I'm told the ants bite. (No problem once you know what they look like.)
A cart and one caddy is about the same as walking with two caddies plus tips.
Take water with you as it is Jamaica.
Let the caddy know if they're helping too much and they'll let you play your own game.
The club house isn't expensive if you decide to have a drink afterward.
The place is first class and you'll probably have a great time. My wife shot her best game ever there.
Golf at CSS
Club is a resort friendly environment ... we have been to CSS seven times and golfed here a few times but not for the past 2-3 years. You must hire local caddy and power carts are available but not mandatory. (Rates on attached link above) Try to get out early, avoid potential cruise ship arrivals and ENJOY!!!
Originally Posted by frankandvic
Hello Frank and Vic,
We havent been there but I did do some digging on the golf.
there is transportation to and from the course,
you can definitely rent clubs (TaylorMade) and around $60 per set for 18 holes.
You can rent a cart for $40
Mandatory Caddie $17 if you walk, or share a caddie if you are carting for $25(plus tip at the end)
you can also rent shoes...(never heard of renting golf shoes before but thought I should mention it!)
We will be golfing 2 or 3 times so we are planning on bringing our own clubs. the additional cost with the airlines is worth it if you plan on golfing more than once!
3. yes its included. just the mandatory Caddie.
4. you can make the tee times when you arrive.
5. hope I covered most but you can check it out under the all inclusive tab above!
Rob and Shawna
Thanks everyone. This helps a lot.
oops! I made a mistake. the club rentals are $45/set and the Caddie is $18.