Some CSS Questions
Hello, hoping some of you could answer the following, please:
1. Is the mineral pool at CSS completely salt water? Is there any chlorine used? Not sure if anyone would know this for certain.
2. Is there A/C in any of the restaurants if some relief from heat is needed?
3. Are there any one bedroom ocean suites that require less walking up the steps than others... yet still have the great views? I might have some issues with my legs, but really want the great views! Are there any shortcuts that can be taken? And if not, are there areas in between to stop and rest if need be? Really hoping it won't be an issue, but it's possible it will be because of health issues I have right now.
4. Is there shade on the beach?
5. Has anyone been to this side of the island end of July and experienced good weather? I realized anything can happen and it can always change, but interested to hear your experiences. Hoping to plan a last minute trip in the next day or two :)
Have been to CSS eight times now - will reply as best as I canl
1) Refer to this link for picture of sign with water analysis (http://www.funbeaches.com/Couples_Sa...l_analysis.jpg)
2) Yes to A/C in both indooe restaurants ... they both have outdoor seating as well.
3) Requested rooms are in both A and B Blocks (view would be better on 2nd or 3rd floor however there is likely rooms in B that look across the grassy area out into the oceanfront)
4) There is moderate shade on main beach provided by palm frond umbrellas (not much natural shade)
5) We have never travelled in the summer months
Originally Posted by jane
Hope this helps! Enjoy!
I believe the mineral pool is chlorine free
Palazina has air inside
The back of the resort is a paved road that is walkable. You can also ask for a van ride back to the top. There are lots of places to rest. I did it as an over weight 58 year old last summer in a penthouse. Take your time, you're in Jamaica mon.
Great shade always available.
It will rain. It will be sunny. Rain is liquid sunshine. Some great pictures of rain clouds from under a palapa.
Went to CSS for our honeymoon in late June two years ago. I can help on a couple of these.
2. Casanova (dinner only) and Palazzina (breakfast/lunch/dinner) both provide a/c if I am remembering accurately.
4. Yes, there are trees/umbrella type on the beach so the shade kind of moves throughout the day. Those spots were a bit harder to grab but we rarely got to the beach before 10/11am. Hopefully the link to the picture below will work to show you what I'm talking about.
5. Again, we went the last few days of June/early July and it only briefly rained for one day. It was warm and sunny the rest of the time. Not sure how much different it would be 3-4 weeks later.
Thanks everyone, that is helpful info. I think I am going to go ahead and book and hope that the weather cooperates. I need this vacation very badly, really looking forward to it!
Hi everyone, I have a couple more questions for all you CSS experts!
1 - We are there for 7 nights. Do you recommend the trading places to CTI, or should we just stay put for the week? Anything particular there that you'd recommend seeing?
2 - Since one night is the beach party and one night is the Gala, that leaves 5 nights for dinner. Which restaurants would you recommend reserving at more than once, if any?
3 - Is the repeater's dinner worth attending/is the meal anything special compared to the restaurant meals? Do you sit with other groups of people and socialize?
2 months-ish... can't WAIT.
Go if you want or the mood fits. If not stay.
In seven nights you will have four meals if you do repeaters. Try each of the three and once on your balcony. Or go to Casanova and palazina early and try to book the one you like most again.
Try it and find out. Everyone is different. It is usually very good, because they obviously want you back.
We just got back from CSS last Saturday :( We did do the trading places to CTI because we were curious. I am glad we did because it really insured us that we have been picking the right resort for us! CTI was nice and the food choices seemed to be a lot better but it's not CSS and we were really happy when we walked back into the lobby of CSS after our trip to CTI!
As far as restaurants go, my favorite was Palazzina just based on the pasta station! The made to order pasta station was AMAZING! On our next trip we will probably eat there more than once for dinner.
The repeater's dinner, I am glad we went to that as well, the dinner was good and definitely worth the experience. The table seats around 9 I believe, there were 3 other couples sitting with us as well as a CSS employee.
Hope this helps! Have a fabulous time on your trip as I am sure you will!
1) We were there for 7 nights back in March. We thought about the Trading Places with CTI but just never got around to booking it. :) When we go back, we will definitely do it.
2) I personally preferred the Bella Vista (Grill) the best. Palazzina was a close second. We actually didn't like Casanova too much. But we seem to be the minority. I would definitely do each once and then book Palazzina and Casanova a second time. If you don't like it the first time, you can always go to Bella Vista (since you don't need reservations) or just order room service. :-D
3) We didn't go to the Repeaters Dinner this time but talking to another couple the day after, they said it was really good. And yes, you sit with other people.
Hi Jane, We are heading to CSS in mid-July for 10 days for trip #7, so let me take a shot at answering some of your second round of questions!:-)
-Hubby and I love Casanova and try to eat there as often as possible; Bella Vista is also nice, eating with your toes in the sand:-)
-Trading Places: We sign up to go to CTI every trip but can't tear ourselves away from CSS!
-I'm always torn because the Repeater's Dinner is the same night as Lobster Night. We've only been to two Repeater's Dinner in 6 trips. The food has been spectacular but they are long evenings.
-Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!!