Several CTI questions
We're going to CTI in March 2014 and we have a few questions.
1. How is the weather in march?
2.Will we be able to watch the NCAA March Madness basketball games?
3.Is there a coffee tour in Ocho Rios?
4.Where are deluxe ocean rooms located?
Are insulated mugs allowed?
Thank you so much for taking time to answer these!
Originally Posted by mbw
Can't answer all the questions, but hoping I can help out.
1. We went this March and it was gorgeous. It didn't rain a single day we were there and the water was always calm and clear (minus the evening of the first day--but I think that was due to a storm wayyyyy out in the ocean). Note that it did not stop water sports, or keep us from swimming. I actually think we had THE best week because the weather was great. Water was perfect and it wasnt too hot or cool at any point.
2. Pretty sure. I don't remember seeing lobby screens (I mean, you've got the caribbean at the back door) BUT im pretty sure the TVs in room pick up those channels, as its pretty much basic cable and I'm almost 100% certain there is a sports channel, or two.
3. Not sure about this.
4. If I'm not mistaken these are located on the left side of the Main entrance (facing the hotel). For the first few days we were in a Garden Suite, but the grounds are amazing. The suites are in the main building, but I think the regular garden rooms are in block four or five (think thats what its called, but dont hold me to it!).
5. The mugs are allowed from what I've seen. I saw a few people with different types of containers and as long as its not glass, I dont think they frown on it--its what is comfy for you!
Hope you guys enjoy..Husband and I are HOPING to be able to go back in March 14 as well. Fingers Crossed!!!
I only know about #4 and #5. The deluxe ocean rooms are located in either Block (Building) 1 or 4. 1 is over by the main pool and Bayside Restaurant, 4 is by the swim up pool bar.
I think officially they ask that you not use insulated mugs, but we saw folks using them. I don't think you would really need them in March anyway.
Originally Posted by mbw
1. Same as April: Sunny w/chance of T-Showers.. All good mon.
2. Yes. ESPN, NBC Sports channels abounds!
3. Not included but can be booked 3rd party.
4. Bldgs 3, 4 mainly. Great locations. Bldg 4 is great, far enough away but close enough to walk.
5. Mugs are allowed.
CTI is a great spot. Enjoy!
We were there in April. Weather was beautiful, a little windy in the afternoon but refreshing. No coffee tour, deluxe ocean rooms face the island, insulated mugs are allowed. I can't answer the March Madness question. I do know you guys will have a great time.
We/I use an insulated mug. Just don't ask the bartender to fill it for you. It is against health regulations as they are not cleaning it. Mostly, I use mine for ice water. If I use if for a cocktail, I get my cocktail, maybe two, and put them in the mug, then leave the glasses at the bar.
Deluxe rooms are in building 1 and 4. If you are in building 1, the rooms are smaller, but beautiful views. If you are looking at the resort from the island, this is the smallest building to the left. It has only 2 floors with either 10 or 12 rooms. Can't remember. The view is of the island, the main pool and the patio buffet area. If you are in building 4, there are 4 floors (?) and there is an elevator. The rooms are above the swim up bar and look straight out to the island/ocean, but may have palm trees in the view. This building is a bit farther from the restaurants, but it is very nice. Rooms are bigger than Building 1. Really, there isn't a bad room at CTI. We have stayed in #1, #2, #3 & #4 with a Superior Booked for trip #8 in 2014.
just sayining. I never had any problem with the bar tender filling up my mug.
But they are not supposed to do that, it is against policy and is on the FAQs. I would not put that information out there. I'm just sayin'~~
Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata