I know that the information must be out on the couples website somewhere, but I honestly can not find it anywhere! Can someone enlighten me on the trading places program? My husband and friends of ours are returning to CN this April (our third trip, their 2nd), and was thinking about possibly doing trading places at CSA for the day to check it out. Do we need to make arrangements for this in advance, and if so, how far in advance? Anyone who has done this in the past, is it worth it? How long are you there for? Thanks in advance for any input you have for us!
Trading places is a great program. As you said it will give you a chance to see the sister resort closest to the resort you are staying at.
You will be at the other resort from about 10 AM to 4 PM. Transportation is provided both ways.
You will have to be registered for Romance Rewards. You can do that once you make your Couples resort reservations.
Once you arrive at your hotel you can make a reservation for Trading Places 24 hours in advance. It is available on Mon, Weds and Fr. only and it limited to 10 couples per day
From the FAQs:
Can I visit other Couples Resorts? (Trading Places program)
Romance Rewards members will now be offered the privilege of complimentary day passes to a nearby Couples Resort. We're calling the program "Trading Places".
In Negril, Trading Places is available between Couples SweptAway and Couples Negril.
In Ocho Rios, Trading Places is extended between Couples Sans Souci and the NEW Couples Tower Isle.
Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:
1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.
2. Trading Places is limited to a maximum of 10 couples per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
3. Romance Rewards members must sign up for Trading Places with Guest Relations 24 hours in advance. The sign up is only available while you are on property. Romance Rewards members may only sign up for Trading Places once per stay.
4. Complimentary transfers from your resort to the nearby resort will depart at 9:45 am and will depart from the nearby resort back to your resort at 4:00 pm.
5. Should you decide to leave the nearby resort prior to 4:00 pm, transfer costs will be at your expense. If you miss the 4:00 pm transfer, the nearby resort reserves the right to charge the current day pass rate.
6. Activities at the nearby resort which require reservations such as excursions and scuba are not part of the day pass privilege. Spa facilities may be utilized subject to availability; however no coupons or credits from your resort may be used at the nearby resort.
We took advantage of Trading Places earlier this month. We signed up a couple of days in advance to go to CN from CSA. It was wonderful having an opportunity to see CN. Our friends were staying there, so they did a great job of showing us all around the resort. We had way too many drink specials, though. :) We love the beachfront rooms at CSA, and having a chance to tour CN confirmed that CSA is the best choice for us on the Negril side. Although I sure would like to get a massage in the CN "treehouse."
We're making both our Couples and Jamaica debut this April with a 7 nite stay at CTI, followed by a 4 nite stay at CN. While early on we hadn't planned to enroll in the TP program, the more we thought about it, the more it seemed like a good idea to visit the other two resorts. Heck, for no other reason than if we intend on becoming repeaters as so many loyal regs have become, then why not see CSS and CSA to determine if our next trip should be spent at one of even both of them. Besides, how cool would it be to make our Couples debut, then before our trip has completed actually visit all four resorts?
The one potential problem may be tho when we're at CN for 4 days only. We arrive on a Saturday and if I recall, the TP program only runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. That leaves Monday as our one and only shot at visiting CSA. We'll definitely have to be at the signup desk extra early to ensure a spot on the van.
"That leaves Monday as our one and only shot at visiting CSA. We'll definitely have to be at the signup desk extra early to ensure a spot on the van."
Once you have your room number, you can book it thnrough the Concierge. Don't worry about that.
Cool. I thought we could only book 24 hours in advance, so I thought come that Sunday there may be a batch of people lining up. Thanks for the feedback.
Originally Posted by WandA