Default Wedding On the Island

It took me a while to write this, but I wanted to share with other Brides to be out there. If you are thinking of booking with couples- you will be so glad you did! It really was the best day of my life, and everything went perfectly. The staff was amazing, and you cant beat that view and experience.

I was nervous leading up to it. There isn't a ton of communication before you arrive- but it was PERFECT for my hectic work schedule. There are some things I did to prepare, like purchase my gift bag items. We arrived three days before our wedding and met with the coordinator to go over details. Latoya was great! She showed us pictures of options for tables and flowers- but no matter what we chose anything would have been perfect.

Food:
    We are very picky- Just me and my husband. They let us choose a different menu to offer guests options we wouldn't normally eat, and they made a special menu just for us. The food was great and the chef was very accommodating. Although we did miss the passed items because we were taking pictures. Ask one of your guests to keep a plate for you so you can try everything. We did cupcakes instead of a cake.

Drinks:
    Be ready with a specialty cocktail name. They will help you come up with a drink. They scheduled a drink tasting for us to come up with the perfect thing. Ours was "Something Blue".

Hair and Make up:
    I was very nervous. I had some pictures of what I was looking for, but most brides at least do a trial. I didn't but I could not have been happier or looked any better. Tracey matched exactly what I was looking for- she made sure my hair would stay in place despite the wind.

Pictures:
    We went with an outside photographer and used the hotel one. I have pictures from both and can share with anyone who would like to compare. She came and took pictures of me and my husband getting ready. We decided to do a "first look" shoot since our ceremony was at 5 pm. My husband waited for me by the Restaurant in the gazebos near the water. We took pictures there, in the lobby, and some near the spa. The background for all my pictures were amazing. It such a beautiful place to have a wedding. They took photos of the ceremony and some family and friends photos after. They made sure to get all of our details in the pictures- our "Wedding Bottles" (We did message in a bottle instead of guest book) the table set up, etc. We were so lucky and we had a full moon in the pictures.

Ceremony:
    Let me tell you- what an experience. I sat on the boat going over the island, while guests on shore clapped for me. It was such a nice touch. When I arrived on the island the guests quickly found their seats. My mother walked me down the aisle to my song (Vitamin String Quartet "HOME"). We exchanged vows and rings and signed our marriage certificate all with the crashing waves in the background. They decorated the chairs with our wedding color and put flowers around the gazebo, they thought of everything. Next we took photos and had our cocktail hour. There were lots of fun food options to choose from. They then got us ready for dinner. My husband and I sat at one table and our guests split up between two. We had 9 people total. We ate and had some toasts, did our cake cutting and our first dance. We are not big dancers, so we all spent the rest of the time sitting and talking, sharing stories and enjoying the beautiful view. We also bought sparklers and sky lanterns which none of our guests or us had ever done before. It was a lot of fun, id recommend getting them.

Music:
    We used an ipod. It was on shuffle so some songs played more than once, but the sound level was perfect.

I'm sure there are details I missed but the biggest thing I want to get across is not be nervous or hesitate. This will be the most amazing day for you! If you have any questions or want to see more pictures let me know! It wouldn't let me upload a few of the photos.

Name:  gl-182.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  293.2 KBName:  gl-468.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  276.5 KBName:  gl-492.jpg
Size:  316.0 KBName:  gl-495.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  297.0 KBName:  gl-548.jpg
Size:  287.6 KB

Gorgeous!