Default Post Hair/Makeup Ideas

First post on the new board! Here are some pics of what I'm thinking about doing for my hair and makeup for our wedding on the beach!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Very pretty. My hair is a little past my shoulders. I'm not sure if I want to wear it up or down....wedding is at 2 so, it's going to be HOT!

Here are some hairstyles I'm looking at:

love them! i was undecided too about the up or down thing but i'm leaning towards more up with a bunch of messy curls everywhere as you can tell from my pics! post some more pics if you have any!!!

I know, I'm really starting to debate the half up/half down thing. I'm worried about humidity, and my hair doesn't hold curl well. I might have to go with something else.

I like the messy curl look. Very Sexy!!!

Here are a few more pics:
    Getting Married at CSS November 10th @ 11am!

Very cute... I found another one I really like... decisions, decisions!

Thats amazing, that very first pic that is posted is the first one I printed off to take with me for my example hairstyles.

I used this picture as an exampleName:  Bridesmaid-Hairstyles.jpg
Views: 69311
Size:  21.2 KB

This was the resultName:  DSC_2226.jpg
Views: 8314
Size:  47.4 KB

I liked the hair alot

Quote Originally Posted by Donna&Jason View Post
    I used this picture as an exampleName:  Bridesmaid-Hairstyles.jpg
Views: 69311
Size:  21.2 KB

This was the resultName:  DSC_2226.jpg
Views: 8314
Size:  47.4 KB

I liked the hair alot

Amazing! You look gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dani2142 View Post
    Amazing! You look gorgeous!!!
    Thanks Dani, you are going to love it at Couples. It's really amazing what they do with pictures and things. i told her to modify a little and she did exactly what I asked. Congrats!!!

Default Lower Side Pony

I am going with a lower side pony with a flower.

I had my hair done at CN (the girls were GREAT!) and did my makeup myself.

has anyone had their makeup done at the salon? what did you think?

does anyone know how much it costs for an updo and/or makeup application at the salon?

I was wondering the same thing. I am worried about doing my hair and make up by myself. Does any one know the cost and if its worth it. (getting married at CSA)
    here are a few pics I was looking at for hair
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 8384
Size:  14.5 KB

Name:  large_image.jpg
Views: 8084
Size:  25.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by darenandkeri View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I am worried about doing my hair and make up by myself. Does any one know the cost and if its worth it. (getting married at CSA)
    here are a few pics I was looking at for hair
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 8384
Size:  14.5 KB

Name:  large_image.jpg
Views: 8084
Size:  25.2 KB
    I was going to do the half up half down look too but my dress is a halter so I'm leaning more towards mostly up.. I still don't know though because I might have my dress altered into a strapless..LOL I crack myself up

It was $55 for hair and $35 for makeup at CN. I used some of my resort credit, so i feel it was more than worth it

I did my own hair and makeup on our wedding day, but would suggest future brides to use the salon unless you are absolutely comfortable with doing it on your own. Although mine turned out fine, I got super nervous that morning and had no idea what I was doing. I would say let the professionals do it, just sit back and relax!

Just a friendly reminder, it can get really breezy on the beach in Jamaica, keep that in mind when picking your hairstyle =)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna&Jason View Post
    It was $55 for hair and $35 for makeup at CN. I used some of my resort credit, so i feel it was more than worth it
    I think it's worth it too. You can relax that way and not be stressed out trying to get yourself ready. I know how I get so letting someone else do it for me is definitely the way to go!

Your hair turned out beautiful!!

Does anyone else have any photos of half-up/half-down hairstyles?

I wanted to do half up half down but it was so hot I went with all up. It is breezy right on the beach and you do not want your hair attacking you during the ceremony! But the hairspray they use at the salon works great and my hair usually does not hold a curl but it did! http://www.mywedding.com/jessicaands...ver/index.html to see pics.

I am so jealous! I have short hair and can't think of anyway to make myself look "different" and glamorous that day! :-( I am sure you all will look beautiful. I am debating whether I should use the salon or not as well.

Does anyone know what type of makeup they use when they do your makeup? I would love to see pictures of how they did ya'lls makeup. I am debating doing my own, but worried that I won't have the right colored foundation if I start tanning in Jamaica.

I haven't had my wedding yet, but ladies... come on!! Its your wedding day!! This is the one day you should go all out! Let the resort do your makeup and hair. It will look different than every other day you've done it before... and don't we all want that extra something for that special day?
    ANyway... just my two cents
    564 days til our wedding in paradice!

tracy i am a hairstylist..... let be say if you want something different yes somewhat inexpensive take a look at partial hair extensions you can buy them at sallies beauty supply. something that clips in yet can be removed quickly and easily. The salon/ stylist can work your own hair into and around it to make t appear natural. i hope this helps