Thread: CSS question

Default CSS question

When we visit CSA we go to the store nearby to stock up on
    Red Stripe for the mini-fridge. We are planning our first trip
    to CSS for this winter. Is there a store or gas station nearby
    that sells beer or will we need to go into Ocho Rios? Thank You

Encouraged as I am by your obvious desire to be close to a beer 24/7, I have to question why you feel the need to stock the fridge with cans when a)you're never far from a bar and b) CSS has room service.

The direct answer is there are places between CSS and OR that would sell beer although none I can think of that are within a reasonable walk.

Plubby (UK)

We the customer and repeating guests keep asking for the return of RED STRIPE in our Fridges. PLEASE PLEASE ! ! !

I don't get it...why buy beer when it's included?

the beer included in the mini-fridge is Caribe not Red Stripe
    and if all you drink for adult beverages is beer this is of
    concern

i THINK there is a small store just off resort...i never went there but i think i remember seeing it

When we were at CN last October, we just requested Red Stripe on our daily checklist...ask and you shall receive.

Quote Originally Posted by custer View Post
    When we were at CN last October, we just requested Red Stripe on our daily checklist...ask and you shall receive.
    Where are these checklists that people keep talking about? We could not find one at CSA. Maybe the other resorts have them and CSA does not? We were not allowed to request certain items like extra juice or water instead of beer.

Just doesn't make sense though to go buy Red Stripe when you can get it for free on the resort

When we are at CSA 2 times ago we asked for RS in our mini-fridge and were told in no uncergtain terms by the beverage maanger that the answer was no as if he did it for us he would have to do it for everyone and I must add in a bit of a rude tone. So last time we went to the store and plan to this coming
    Nov as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    When we visit CSA we go to the store nearby to stock up on
    Red Stripe for the mini-fridge. We are planning our first trip
    to CSS for this winter. Is there a store or gas station nearby
    that sells beer or will we need to go into Ocho Rios? Thank You
    ....Why?? You can get it for free at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Where are these checklists that people keep talking about? We could not find one at CSA. Maybe the other resorts have them and CSA does not? We were not allowed to request certain items like extra juice or water instead of beer.
    ...At CN, it was on top of the Beverage Center (bar). One just checked off what one wanted for the bar each morning.

I have never seen a request form at CSA?

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    I have never seen a request form at CSA?
    If the request form is not on your fridge in the room or in the cabinet then ask for one. We were at CSA last year and received whatever we checked off on the list the next day.

The only RS that I know of is on tap and some people prefer it in the bottle.I too would LOVE RS in the mini-bars.Caribe must be cheaper.

When my fiance and I were there in Sep 2007, there was a store close enough for him to walk to because he bought me cigarettes from it since the shop didn't sell Newports. I waited for him at the shop and it only took him a few minutes so it can't be far. Don't know if they sell Red Stripe or not but I can't imagine why they wouldn't.
    ~Christy~