Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default First thing after checking in???

Soooooo excited. Woke up this morning with terrible hangover, checked my emails And saw that my electronic tickets have arrived for my holiday to cti.

So my question is after you've checked in and freshened up what's the first thing everybody likes to do?

I had posted this in another thread on another subject. But it seems that the first thing we do, after we are settled in our room anyway, is take a short nap. We always have had early morning flights preceded by late night packing and preparation for travel. So in spite of best intentions to hit the beach or get something to eat first thing, we usually just wind up crashing on the bed for an hour or so. Then maybe a visit to the beach. By that time it is time to get ready for dinner. If we happen to arrive before a room is prepared for us we will wander out to Seagrapes and sit down for some goodies and a visit with the girls or guys working there. A great way to start our CSA vacation. I would assume a visit to CTI would follow a similar routine for us.

Have a great trip!

depends what time you will arrive. We ate and went exploring around the resort to find everything.some people do the orientation depending on whenit is scheduled.

Default wish I was there!

Get a drink! Walk around the property, get something to eat, check out menus, dip my toes in the water!! 284 days!

Get some lunch and hit the bar.

Default wish I was there!

Get a drink! Walk around the property, get something to eat, check out menus, dip my toes in the water!! 284 days!

Skip the freshen up, hit the beach.

Go to one of the bars and ask the bartender to fix me his "special."

Get our first drink of the trip as we're walking to our room. We immediately go get our feet in the sand and check out the ocean.

Go down to the beach to one of the beach bars and get a drink and look at the beautiful surroundings. Then, get something to eat. After a day of travel we are always starving.

First thing was get drink then get our toes in the water and butts in the sand..
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Drop off bags, proceed immediately to pool bar for a drink while you are waiting for a plate of Jerk Chicken from Cabana.

Smile and relax.

"unpack" then throw on a swimsuit and go eat.

Although we've only been to CSA so far (heading to CSS in Nov. this year, and CTI Nov. next year), we like to take a stroll along the beach and around the resort to shake off the travel blahs and pick up the Jamaican vibe again.

We are normally so excited to be *home* that we need a bit of time to unwind and align ourselves with Jamaican time, so we take a walk along the beach and around the resort, get our feet wet etc.

We spend the entire day in travel, anticipating the moment that the transfer bus finally stops and announces our arrival, that it's only natural to need some time to relax and unwind.

There is NOTHING that slows your pace down better then walking around the Couples resorts or along the beaches in Jamaica.

Thanks guys all your replies are cetaintly helping me get in the holiday mood. I think it's settled on dump bags, drinks and feet in the ocean! I am soooooo excited.

We pack a carry on with everything we need for the beach. We grab beach towels, let Couples take our bags to our room while we head to the nearest bar for a quick drink, a brief meal, then we make our way to the AN beach.

Eventually we find our way back to our room to freshen up for dinner.

ENJOY!!!

Default first thing we do...

Well... we have our first drink in the airport So... we head to the beach and get some lunch... we usually have our swim suits in my pocketbook just in case the room isn't ready. We take our nap right on the beach... and don't miss a beat!

We walk right out to the nude beach (CN), disrobe, and hit the water. I'm not kidding.

Walk the beach end to end and visit all our friends we have made over our past visits!!! Vendors , hotel workers, everyone from Louie Louie, Longback (Shawn cigarette seller), Jungle Jim (Tete) conch shell seller, Cookie and many others like going home to see family.

If you are like us and tend to arrive around 5:00pm, then get on your suits and get to the pool bar for a drink. The last two visits we have met the most incredible people our first few minutes at the pool bar at CN.

Well, we uh, kind of have a, uh, tradition after first checking in when we go places.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

When we land at the airport we jump on Timair and get to CN usually befor 2pm. We follow our bags to the room and unpack ,unwind (wink wink), and go to the beach until dinner. Sometimes we will stay at the beach until its dark and then jump in the pool.
    One Love,
    Mya

Our plan this year is totally different than last years. We will be arriving in 9 days and cannot be more ready for that plane to touch down in MoBay! Last year we were on our honeymoon and had a wonderful 6 nights stay, this time is our first anniversary trip and we only have 4 nights. So, our plan is to pack our swim suits in our carry on bag and change in a bathroom if our room is not ready yet. From there we will head straight to the grill, grab a plate of nacho's, a jerk burger, and a drink, then hit the beach. If I am tired in any way I plan to take a nap right there on the beach under the couples palm tree's. We plan to be so much more laid back this trip and enjoy every ounce of our time there.

Quote Originally Posted by catspikes View Post
    Soooooo excited. Woke up this morning with terrible hangover, checked my emails And saw that my electronic tickets have arrived for my holiday to cti.

So my question is after you've checked in and freshened up what's the first thing everybody likes to do?
    ....Tickets?? So far, I have a "Confirmation". Is there more? We leave 9 October.

We always get there shortly after lunch so we change into our bathing suits, grab a patty and drink at the cabana grill and head to the ocean. Then its usually back to the swim up bar to meet everyone and find out the event schedule.

One thin I learned was while I checked us in my wife made us reservations for everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast