Default CSA - Questions Food/Pool/Drinks

Hi EVeryone,

I was looking into this resort for an upcoming vacation in November. I am 28 and my husband is 27. I have viewed the website and have a couple questions.

1) Restaurants - Menue selection. I have viewed some of the sample menues on the site, how much more extensive are the actual menues? My husband and I both do not care for seafood (including fish) and I am a rather fussy eater and often don't like "different" foods.

What is offered at the buffet? Do they have staples like salads, chicken, potatoes, veggies.

2) I noticed that there is Flag service at the beach (which i think is a nice toucn)Do they have service around the pool area as well?

3) Drinks - Do they have drink menus you may order from at all bars? I am a vodka drinker do all bars offer a brand name vodka (Smirnoff/Absolute, etc?)

This is the firs time we have ever been to a couples resort. I am worried that the food items will be too "upscale" for our tastes as I stated we are very plain eaters, and as we don't mind trying new things we want to make sure that there will be something there we will enjoy for each meal.

Any more advice/tips information would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy travelling as we do an all-inclusive twice a year and are hoping this will perhaps be the right choice for us.

Try new things, what can you lose!
    MouLouHill

We are definitly not upscale eaters, but since it was our first REAL vacation"no kids" in 23 years my wife and I did have some concerns about the food and levels of spice. In short, any questions we had regarding a dish were answered by our servers and they even made suggestions like having the chef put the hot sauce in a separate dish and one time totally without our asking they brought us a sample of a dish for us to try..
    Yes they have drink menus at the bars and offer many top name brands of everything..
    Not sure about the flag service at the pools,we stayed on the beach by the sundown bar and I always got up to go get our drinks,,nice way to get to know people too.

As for the buffets yes to what you named as being offered with lots more items too.
    Enjoy CSA..We did/do
    ARE WE THERE YET??

Quote Originally Posted by wendycook22 View Post
    Hi EVeryone,

I was looking into this resort for an upcoming vacation in November. I am 28 and my husband is 27. I have viewed the website and have a couple questions.

1) Restaurants - Menue selection. I have viewed some of the sample menues on the site, how much more extensive are the actual menues? My husband and I both do not care for seafood (including fish) and I am a rather fussy eater and often don't like "different" foods.

What is offered at the buffet? Do they have staples like salads, chicken, potatoes, veggies.

2) I noticed that there is Flag service at the beach (which i think is a nice toucn)Do they have service around the pool area as well?

3) Drinks - Do they have drink menus you may order from at all bars? I am a vodka drinker do all bars offer a brand name vodka (Smirnoff/Absolute, etc?)

This is the firs time we have ever been to a couples resort. I am worried that the food items will be too "upscale" for our tastes as I stated we are very plain eaters, and as we don't mind trying new things we want to make sure that there will be something there we will enjoy for each meal.

Any more advice/tips information would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy travelling as we do an all-inclusive twice a year and are hoping this will perhaps be the right choice for us.
    1) Menus at the restaurants change every few days. There are good selections at each. The menus on the site are "Sample Menus".

2)Yes

3)Yes. And the bartenders can pretty much make whatever you want.

Be daring and try different things. If you don't like what you got, get something else. It's all inclusive; a good time to try something new. That's why I go to these places, to experience new things.

There is no service around the pool, but there is a swimup bar IN the pool....

We are picky about food also, and we got NUTS at CSA. I probably gain 10 lbs eating all the goodies. If you love fruit and veggies, you will be in heaven. There is chicken/steak and veggies available at all restaurants. If nothing else, you can get a big plate of jerk chicken and fries at Cabana, also try their pulled pork sandwiches, they are fantastic.

For drinks at the bars, try some new ones. You will love the unique choices for drinks, and are guaranteed to find things you like. I am not sure about the level of premium vodka, but I do know the martini bar has grey goose, so you will be set in the evening.

Go for it, you will be happy you did. BTW, when are you going in Nov? We are headed there also.

We were oiginally looking at November but ended up gettinga fantastic price for October 24 - 31.

Thanks so much for all the helpful responses, we are extremely excitted for our time at CSA.

You are going to love CSA. There are so many food choice that no matter what type of eater you are you will find something. Hamburgers all the way to Asian food. Also, make sure to ask for the premium liquor when you order your drink or they will just use the house brand (which isn't bad either). Also, let the bartender know what type of drink you like and see what they come up with. They are drink magicians.

Make sure to check out the sports complex, try the snorkeling, and take a night time stroll across the property. Have fun. We leave in 7 days!

There are drink menus at most of the bars. Or you can tell them what you like and ask them to make something you might like. The food at the cabana grill is pretty basic. We ate there for lunch a lot. Burgers, nachos, jerk chicken, patties (a must try), and fries. The buffets are actually pretty big and have much more than you think. All the restaurants have more than what is on the sample menus except maybe feathers. I enjoyed it all. We didn't try the seagrapes other than for ice cream which is nice on a hot day. The flag service is nice but really, that was the only part of service that wasn't as friendly. Maybe its because they are really hot walking around talking to drunk people which is understandable.

we had decided to go a little earlier for a better price. We are now going to CSA Oct 24 - 31st 2010 and cannot wait!

im am the most picky eater on the planet, i still use sectional plates sometimes and hate when my food touches... i know im crazy !!! i never had the problem of finding something i liked at CSA in fact i liked everything. i tend to be cheap to so you can always order and try it and if you dont like it no harm no foul...plus the presentation MAKES you want to try everything !!! dont worry your in great hands at couples
    CSA - 3/19/2008 -3/25/2008
    CSA - 11/4/2008 - 11/11/2008
    CSA - 10/7/2009 - 10/14/2009
    CSA - 10/10/2010 - 10/19/2010

www.entourageforeducation.org