Default CSA - Questions Food/Pool/Drinks

Hi,

My hubby(27) and I (28) were thinking about a Couples resort in November. I have read many comparisons and I am still having a hard time deciding but I think I am leaning towards CSA due to the beach location.

I was also wondering a few things.

1) Food - I viewed the "sample menues" on their site and became concerned with choices. Neither of us are seafood eaters, and we both are very "ordinary" when it comes to our palates and tastes. If we see an item and wish to have items excluded from a dish do you believe this will be a problem?

2) Pool - I notice there was drink service at the beach, I was wondering if there was also drink service around the pool?

3) Drinks - Are their drink menus at all/some of the bars? Do all bars have a wide selection of brand name alcohol?

4) Does anyone have anything they would liket oad about CN that you may feel would change my decision?

5)Do either one attract a younger crowd? Or does the age vary? We like to have fun and have a few drinks and not party animals but want ot make sure that this place won't frown upon us being younger and enjoying our drinks and having a good time (respectfully)

Thanks so much in advance.

wendycook22,
    My husband and I made our first trip to CSA in 2008 and will be making our 3rd trip this year. We absolutely fell in love with CSA and all it has to offer.
    To your questions:
    1) I also do not eat seafood, and am admittedly a fairly picky eater, but I've never had trouble finding food that I like and is absolutely delicious!
    2) There are bars right at the pools, so no, they don't bring the drinks to you like they do on the beach, but there are bars very close by.
    3) There is an incredible selection of both brands and drinks at each bar. The alcohol they serve is premium not just some lower lever no-name brand.
    4) I haven't been to CN, so I can't answer this for you.
    5) CSA has a variety of ages, from 20's to 70's and there's no problem with you having some fun and some drinks.
    Cheers,
    Terri

Wendy - Put your mind at ease....

1) While we ARE adventurous eaters, DH is allergic to onions. (Seriously... can you believe it??) and EVERYTHING has onions in it. They gladly removed onions from each and every dish that they made for him.

2) No drink service around the pool, but you are SO close to the bar, that it's not an issue. CSA is not a "pool-centric" place, although the swim-up bar is always hopping. We always find that we prefer the beach anyway.

3) Menus are pretty much the same, but each bartender has their own "special". Don't hesitate to ask for it or to even ask for something else. DH likes to ask for something that "tastes good, not too sweet and packs a punch." They always deliver.

4) If your "gut" leads you to CSA, stick with it. We did that for our first trip, and are getting ready to go back for our 6th trip in May. (In between, we've also visited CTI and CSS, and are thinking about coming back to the Ocho Rios side for our anniversary this year in January.)

5) Who is there really depends on the week. Neither resort will "frown" on respectful fun. In fact, the swim up bar at CSA gets a little rowdy at times, and I personally have been involved in a few rowdy beach volleyball games. Don't miss the catamaran cruise, either. That's a great time.

Enjoy your trip!!

V
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

All the food we had last Feb. at CSA was excellent. There are lots of menu choices. It is not a problem to ask your wait person to exchange items when you order.

There's a swim up bar at one of the pools, and drink service at the other. They were never really "swift"about taking orders at the pool, and we usually walked up to the bar. One of the benefits of walking to the bar (other than forcing myself to get up and move LOL) is that they have an extensive drink list, as well as a "special" drink each day. All name-brand liquor.

We noticed couple of all ages at CSA. We fall into the "older" couples group, but we not only met people our age, but also a lot of young couples we enjoyed talking with.

I took lots of pictures, including many food and drink items and also pics at the bars showing the bottles. You can see them here:

I am allergic to seafood, beef and nuts and have the same sort of taste as you it sounds and I do just fine. They made me some of the dishes without the seafood and there were always other choices for me to eat anyway. The pasta bar in the Palms is awesome and we ate there a lot.

The first time we went to CSA we had just turned 25. We were some of the youngest ones there that time. Now we are 29 and still some of the younger ones but it just varies so much. There were people younger than us and way older than us. I don't think anyone cares about anyone's age. People can be really nice or really annoying at any age.

1) Food - I viewed the "sample menues" on their site and became concerned with choices. Neither of us are seafood eaters, and we both are very "ordinary" when it comes to our palates and tastes. If we see an item and wish to have items excluded from a dish do you believe this will be a problem?

my hubby is allergic to seafood and there is plenty of food other than seafood you can have whatever you want excluded from the dish no it will NOT be a problem

2) Pool - I notice there was drink service at the beach, I was wondering if there was also drink service around the pool?
    no ther is not since the pool is where the swim up bar, it is literally 5 steps from the bar

3) Drinks - Are their drink menus at all/some of the bars? Do all bars have a wide selection of brand name alcohol? all the bars have a wide selection of alcohol and there is a menu of drinks at each bar but you can order or make whatever you want and how you want it.

4) Does anyone have anything they would liket oad about CN that you may feel would change my decision? never been to CN only CSA (third time this coming april) CSA IMO is better because it is more spread out so it never feels crowded, there are no hallways it's not like a normal hotel, and the beach is better IMO than bloody bay.

5)Do either one attract a younger crowd? Or does the age vary? We like to have fun and have a few drinks and not party animals but want ot make sure that this place won't frown upon us being younger and enjoying our drinks and having a good time (respectfully)
    age varies, the first time we went to CSA for our honeymoon we were in our late 20's, last time we were in our early thirties....there is a WIDE range of ages at the resort from 20's to 80's and it can be as wild or tame as you want to make it
    Erika & Sean

Thanks so much everyone. I just booked for Oct 24 - 31. i am really looking forward to it, and thank everyone for helping me with my choice.