Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tower on the Island

What is it used for, just that, a tower? lol Are you able to go up in it & lookout? Just curious. From all the photos I've seen the Island looks fantastic! We will be AN 1st timers at the beginning of November. I'm thinking, right when we check in we'll be heading directly over to give it a shot. Yeah Mon !

My guess is that it was just built to look old. I've been to San Juan, Puerto Rico and it kind of looks like the sentry boxes on El Moro and Castillo San Cristobal.

The reason that I think that it was built for "atmosphere" is that rather than facing the sea (like those in Puerto Rico), it faces the resort. The sentry boxes typically face the direction of the perceived threat.

I could be wrong. Maybe at one point in the history of the resort, there was concern that clothed vacationers might invade the island and force swim suits on the islanders.

To answer your question about looking around, I submitted a photo that I called "Uniformed Tower Isle Sentries" that you can see at http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/att...1&d=1280859757.

The bathroom is also on the first floor of the tower.

Have fun!
    Last edited by 25th@CTI; September 20th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Default tower shot

I think I've seen a few photos of people on the top of the tower. If possible, I'd like to have someone photo my wife and me from the top of the tower (i.e., all three of us at the top of the tower) with the resort in the background when we go there for the first time early next year. [I know that we need to be careful about this.]

My understanding is the the tower today is only used for Tower Time! And maybe for some nice pictures too.

I could be wrong. Maybe at one point in the history of the resort, there was concern that clothed vacationers might invade the island and force swim suits on the islanders.

Ha! That's a good idea about the direction it's facing. Hey you knows maybe that 'is' the reason it's faced toward the Resort.
    Glad they never invaded it & took over! Cool picture, thanks for sharing, can't wait to be up there in that setting.

Gonhikn - I may have to squeeze in some tower time then!

Here are a few "panoramic views" of the pre-restoration resort from atop the tower...

There are ALWAYS opportunity's for a great photo-op on top of the tower. For example, here's one of us with the Ochie helicopter (yeah, the one you see on the way to the resort).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are a couple of shots of the resort from the Tower. These pics are from last June..........
    Peace, Love, and Respect
    Billy
    CN 2002, COR 2007, CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CTI June 4-15, 2012

Here are few more - if you click my profile name, you can see more in the photo section of my profile. This is the pool side and the private side.

The tower itslef has the bathroom inside... along with a gift shop on the second floor to buy all exclusive "au naturel" clothing line (you barely know you are wearing anything!)... I still cant believe the water slide that goes from the top of the tower into the pool.... and yes please sit on a towel when you do the slide (see towel thread!)

OK, the wife and I will be going in November of next year, and (so far) we've decided to try the island the day after we arrive (give time to decompress and relax from the travel.) Is there only the one hammock on the island?

If so, I'm presuming you need to get there bright and early if you want the hammock.

ct ti fan, thanks for the excellent pictures of the island!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post
    OK, the wife and I will be going in November of next year, and (so far) we've decided to try the island the day after we arrive (give time to decompress and relax from the travel.) Is there only the one hammock on the island?

If so, I'm presuming you need to get there bright and early if you want the hammock.

ct ti fan, thanks for the excellent pictures of the island!

Jason
    One of our few complaints about CTI was the lack of hammocks or those awesome swinging chairs you still see on the island in the brochure and online (last photo). When we were there, we found the one hammock on the island, and there was one in the garden area on the mainland. CTI used to have much more than that "hanging" around, but I guess they all broke.

Believe it or not, when we were there, there usually wasn't anyone (but us) who used the hammock.

Saw some pictures of sign to hang on stairs of tower. Looks like tower has an unoffical purpose?? Any experience on Tower? Might have to try this

Well, the first time we were there, we just went up the tower to look out. The others on the island kinda razzed us friendily... turns out it's kinda unspoken that the tower is for couples... But others just go up to look out and enjoy the view... Whatever you prefer seems to be accepted. Enjoy!

Some little known facts about TI. During the renovation of the resort, they also did some work on the tower. On the lower level, they refurbished the two lane bowling alley. New furniture and a snack bar. They also fixed the elevator. So now we can not only visit downstairs, but the observatory on the third floor was also worked on. Great view from up there. There was also talk of putting new lounges and some new art work on the second floor so that tower time visitors would be more comfortable. Nothing but the best for the guests. On a sad note, they had to do away with the tennis courts and the work out room that used to be located on the right side of the island. Some you win, some you lose and some you don't even get dressed for.

and
    going
    down.

Quote Originally Posted by scottnkim View Post
    The tower itslef has the bathroom inside... along with a gift shop on the second floor to buy all exclusive "au naturel" clothing line (you barely know you are wearing anything!)... I still cant believe the water slide that goes from the top of the tower into the pool.... and yes please sit on a towel when you do the slide (see towel thread!)
    You forgot to mention the bowling alley in the basement. Yes, bowling shoes are allowed.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Some little known facts about TI. During the renovation of the resort, they also did some work on the tower. On the lower level, they refurbished the two lane bowling alley. New furniture and a snack bar. They also fixed the elevator. So now we can not only visit downstairs, but the observatory on the third floor was also worked on. Great view from up there. There was also talk of putting new lounges and some new art work on the second floor so that tower time visitors would be more comfortable. Nothing but the best for the guests. On a sad note, they had to do away with the tennis courts and the work out room that used to be located on the right side of the island. Some you win, some you lose and some you don't even get dressed for.

and
    going
    down.

Told you...

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    You forgot to mention the bowling alley in the basement. Yes, bowling shoes are allowed.
    Sorry... I try to avoid large heavy objects while au naturel.... and fire for that matter... ha ha

Default Tower Isle

Just thought I'd add a quick google of Tower Isle and a little of its history. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&rl...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

just_us, We are going to be at CTI on January 15th for a week. When you going to be there??

Quote Originally Posted by improvgirl View Post
    Well, the first time we were there, we just went up the tower to look out. The others on the island kinda razzed us friendily... turns out it's kinda unspoken that the tower is for couples... But others just go up to look out and enjoy the view... Whatever you prefer seems to be accepted. Enjoy!
    OK, I'm curious...

What does "the tower is for couples" mean?
    Going up for a brief bit of tonsil hockey?

As I understand the AN philosophy, public displays of affection (kissing, hugging, etc) are frowned upon, so is it OK in the tower (with the sign up)
    I'm also presuming any outright sexual behavior on the island or in the tower would result in immediate eviction, possibly even from the resort (it ain't Hedo, after all) which I am absolutely fine with.

BTW, what sign? I've looked over some of the pics of the tower, and not seen a sign anywhere...

Thanks,
    Jason

warren.cple,

You are correct that public displays of affection are frowned upon and public sexual behavior can possibly result in eviction.

From what I have heard, there is or was a sign on the way up the steps to the top of the tower that could be fastened across the steps to indicate that a couples wanted some private alone time atop the tower.

Here is a picture of the tower entryway, showing the bathroom on the left and the stairway on the right. The sign would be located further up the stairway than the picture shows.
    Attachment 9223

And here is a picture from atop the tower. You will notice the stair railing coming up from the floor in the middle of the tower. And, as you can see, it is all smiles up there!
    Attachment 9224

I'm surprised that no one has offered an explanation. There is something called "Tower Time". This is when a couple goes up to the second level in order to be alone with each other. Whether or not they do anything of a sexual nature is up for grabs. Sometimes when they come down, one or both of them may have a funny grin on his or her face. Did anything really happen?? No one knows for sure. And your right about no heavy petting or outward signs of a sexual behavior is tolerated on the island or anywhere else on the resort. That's best left for back in the room.
    As to the sign, there used to be, and may still be there, a sign near the steps leading up the the second level, that says, "Tower Time--Do not disturb" As I said, no one really knows what goes on up there. It's best left to wonder.
    I hope this answers your question.

Richie

Here is a photo taken in July of 2009 of the sign. I can't remember if it was there last year or not.

Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I made the blue Building Beaver sign. I can't remember who made the other one. When we were there last November I think ;that just the one with the moon was there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast