Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default our four legged friends that miss out :(

ok so i have stolen the idea from another thread,
    so lets all post our "furry kids" who dont get to enjoy couples !!!
    i miss them everyday that we are there and even made our petsitter skype with them when we went last time ...lol i know im crazy !!!

these are our two blue heelers callie (age 12) + juneau (age 10)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    CSA - 3/19/2008 -3/25/2008
    CSA - 11/4/2008 - 11/11/2008
    CSA - 10/7/2009 - 10/14/2009
    CSA - 10/10/2010 - 10/19/2010

www.entourageforeducation.org

OK.
    My husband and I were at CN last week and I really missed my Bengal cat - he is so beautiful.

He is 10 months old and is a Brown Spotted Bengal called Jackson

Eclipse. Miss her every time we leave for more than a day or two. Sweetest...pup...ever.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yay Kris! A fellow pibble lover!
    Here are my loves, Luna and Piglet. Piglet is chewing her Michael Vick toy.

Default One of the reasons I love my wife so much...

My wife is heavily involved in dog rescue. To date we have fostered 148 dogs at our farm. One I will never forget is King.

Picture of King after he was rescued. LINK.

When he came to us we never thought he could live inside as everyone thought he was feral. He was found by someone who literally thought he was dead and came to remove his body from the road. At his heaviest with us he weighed 130 lbs. He only weighed 67 when he was found lying on the road. The vet who treated him initially said he would have been dead within hours. His ears where half eaten off by bugs. He was half blind and half deaf. He had worn all his teeth down to nothing, and was suffering from horrible mange and other infected wounds. When he came to us we were told that he probably couldn't live more than a year.

Here is a picture of King after he was found. Only click this link if you are willing to see it. It is a very hard picture to look at. At least this story has a very happy ending

After a lot of healing, love, and care, it turned out King was a great dog. He lived four more years out at our farm and I will never forget what a great being he was. He taught us more about the capacity to forgive, love, and treasure life. King was so big and so scarred that everyone was scared of him (except children) when they first met him. After they got to know him he was everyones favorite. King especially loved children, and they loved him back. He was a true gentle giant.

King passed away in August of 2009, and we miss him greatly. In my mind he was a hero, and if we all were a little more like him the world be a better place IMHO.
    Last edited by Spiff542; September 21st, 2010 at 10:08 AM.

Haha. I love this thread. I'm a cat person. Beautifil Bengal, jannette!

My cats would MUCH rather have the house eo themselves...

Daisy and Harry!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pibblelover View Post
    Yay Kris! A fellow pibble lover!
    Here are my loves, Luna and Piglet. Piglet is chewing her Michael Vick toy.
    Indeed! I'm even trying to name our next one "Pibbles", but the wife wants Kaya. (Bob song)

I forgot to put my captions in with my pics... His name is Boot and I wish so bad he could come to Jamaica with us! He is such a sweet heart. My husband and I don't have kids... so he is it. And we miss his so much when we are gone. But he is a handful so it is kind of nice to have a little break...lol.

Our Babies
    Gracie and Quinn

pibble....LOVE the michael vick toy !!!
    CSA - 3/19/2008 -3/25/2008
    CSA - 11/4/2008 - 11/11/2008
    CSA - 10/7/2009 - 10/14/2009
    CSA - 10/10/2010 - 10/19/2010

www.entourageforeducation.org

Our Sibley doesn't mind too much when we go. After all, she gets command of the remote control. She can't wait until we head back to CN 4/2011......

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    My wife is heavily involved in dog rescue. To date we have fostered 148 dogs at our farm. One I will never forget is King.

Picture of King after he was rescued. LINK.

When he came to us we never thought he could live inside as everyone thought he was feral. He was found by someone who literally thought he was dead and came to remove his body from the road. At his heaviest with us he weighed 130 lbs. He only weighed 67 when he was found lying on the road. The vet who treated him initially said he would have been dead within hours. His ears where half eaten off by bugs. He was half blind and half deaf. He had worn all his teeth down to nothing, and was suffering from horrible mange and other infected wounds. When he came to us we were told that he probably couldn't live more than a year.

Here is a picture of King after he was found. Only click this link if you are willing to see it. It is a very hard picture to look at. At least this story has a very happy ending

After a lot of healing, love, and care, it turned out King was a great dog. He lived four more years out at our farm and I will never forget what a great being he was. He taught us more about the capacity to forgive, love, and treasure life. King was so big and so scarred that everyone was scared of him (except children) when they first met him. After they got to know him he was everyones favorite. King especially loved children, and they loved him back. He was a true gentle giant.

King passed away in August of 2009, and we miss him greatly. In my mind he was a hero, and if we all were a little more like him the world be a better place IMHO.
    What a moving story, brought a tear to my eye.

The world needs more people like your wife in it!

Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by K Glaister View Post
    What a moving story, brought a tear to my eye.

The world needs more people like your wife in it!

Bless you.
    Thanks. My wife is indeed wonderful.

Default such a beautiful story

K Glaister --

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. It made my heart ache but also smile that wonderful people like you exist in this world. The before picture was absolutley painful to look at, but I appreciate you sharing it, and your story.
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Default We love all our furry friends!

We indeed have a crew of furry friends. We live in the country and I think there is an underground newspaper with our address on it. The stranded and needy just show up. We gladly welcome them all with open arms and give them whatever they need. Miss Kitty is our favorite calico. Jasmine was our companion for 16 years and just passed away this summer. Talon is our malmute mix and Shelby is our pom-shelty mix. We have a sitter all lined up for our trip to CTI in a week! Thanks to all for sharing their hearts!

logan is on the left buzz is on the right

This is Patches and Phantom

This is Baby. She is the reason we are celebrating our anniversary in December instead of March. She will be "dry" in December so we won't have to be home to milk twice a day. She will calf sometime in late January and we will start the process all over again.

LeAnn and Wes

nosinnug,
    Love it!

These are my Wheaten "children" Oscar (the one in the brewers hat) and Charlie....I leave for training for 2wks in NJ and I want to take my Special O with me they allow dogs but I cannot fathom putting him under the plane. Too bad he can't sit next to me he's such a good boy!
    Erika & Sean

Default Our girl

We have such a hard time leaving Jade. She is definitely our baby!

Default Charly is our Westie/Lhasa Mix

Quote Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
    Our Babies
    Gracie and Quinn
    We love Westies (our Charly is half Westie) He hates it when we are gone even though the grandkids spoil him!
    Last edited by Sueboo; March 20th, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Ruby Rue is a 6 month old long-haired chihuahua. She weighs 4.11 lbs. and is full of attitude. Ruby is our first dog after 14 yrs. of marriage and no children. One word to describe her....SPOILED!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast