Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Well folks, there it is, done! Two glorious weeks at CSS and never a better holiday! Although my wife and I had experienced a days AN in Spain we were both looking forward to an extended period of AN to see if it suited us. Well it certainly did just that! We tended to use the beach area rather than the pool but whenever we were 'poolside' the atmosphere was fun and I can certainly understand that some would enjoy the party atmosphere. There were never any times when either of us felt uncomfortable and the staff were just brilliant! If there weren't any sun bed toppers left then a member of staff would go to the other beach to get some for us. This was only required once in a fortnight so generally not an issue. We also liked the fact the there were plenty of beach areas which were uncrowded and away from the general hubbub of life around the pool.

We also chose to eat away from SSB but there is everything one could need if you didn't want to get dressed. This was purely a decision on our part.

If you are concerned about not having the perfect body then don't. In two weeks we saw but a handful of 'body beautifuls'. Most if us were just ordinary folk with bodies that were not perfect (mine in particular!). In fact, on our last day, a nice lady walked past us and said 'I wish I had a camera, you guys look so cute'. Well, I could have kissed her as she really made our day! To see an overweight 50 year old man and say that is certainly something for me to remember although my wife does attract these sorts of comments quite often. I think our American cousins would call her 'a hottie', so that might explain it!

To summarise, we shall definitely return to CSS and in particular SSB as it very private, very relaxing and despite the fact we had appalling weather for two whole weeks we were able to sit out on SSB, relax, get a tan, enjoy each others company and the experience. If we hadn't had SSB then the holiday may have been a little dull despite the brilliant food, staff and ambiance a holiday is generally not a holiday if there is no sun. Not at SSB guys!

Finally, I can confirm that there is nothing sexual about AN, it is an experience that is totally liberating. Just bear in mind that once the clothes are removed there is nothing other than personality to differentiate between people and this is how life should be. It is only our expectations and learned responses that believe others are better or worse than us. Try it and you'll know what I mean.

Thanks to all at SSB and CSS for making it such a memorable holiday. See you all in 2011 I hope! Perhaps a different time of year!

Our first time going AN feedback. Long post, so apologies in advance.

My wife and I recently returned from a week at CSS. This was our second trip to a Couples resort, having stayed at CSA in June of 2009.

We chose CSS specifically because we wanted to try going AN, and in our opinion, CSS seemed to offer the most privacy for first timers. Like most first timers, we were anxious about removing ALL of our clothing for the first time. I think mentally, we both needed some form of reassurance that we were in a secluded area, and that the only people who would see us, would be others who were also nude. To us, CSS offers exactly what we were looking for: Seclusion, privacy, lots of space etc.

After having spent a week on SSB, I can say that CSS was the perfect choice for US as our first AN experience. I can also say that after the first 30 seconds or so of being nude, we realized that the apprehension that we had about going AN were not founded on anything more then our own insecurities.

A bit if history, we are Canadian, both in our early 30’s. Neither of us are in really great shape, but it didn’t matter to either of us. I would say that the past couple of years we have matured in the sense that we are no longer worried about what others think, so I guess you could say that we were prepared mentally for an AN experience. Funny thing to me was that last year when we went to CSA, we both worked out like fiends before our trip because we wanted to be “beach ready”. Neither of us really cared this year, again as I mentioned, I think we’ve matured a bit over the last few years. We both feel the need to get into better shape, but it’s no longer for any other reason but to be healthier.

Soo, without further delay, the play by play: ;o)

After travelling most of the day, we arrived at CSS at about 5pm. We checked in, got freshened up, and headed down to the Bella Vista for dinner on the beach. Best restaurant at CSS in my mind, but that’s another post for another time. We knew that we wanted to go and check out SSB, so once dinner was done, we went for a walk to explore some of the beauty that CSS has to offer, and to check out SSB while no one was there. We didn’t go because we wanted to see what we were up against, but rather to get a teaser of what the next day would bring. It also gave us a chance to scope out where we might like to set up chairs for the day.

The next morning, we had breakfast on our balcony, and then got ready to hit the beach. A strange sense of anticipation mixed with apprehension came over us as we were applying sunscreen in our room. Our beach bag was packed, so off we went. We were in G-Block, so the walk down to SSB took us about 10 meandering minutes. Before we knew it, we were approaching the sign at the entrance to Sunset Beach. No clothes, no photography, no worries!

With no hesitation, we strolled in and did a quick scan to see where we could set up camp for the day. Even though it was only about 9:45am, the beach was busier then we expected. Not packed at all, but busy enough that there were no floaters/pads left for the loungers. Neither of us was deterred, so we chose some loungers on the right hand side of the beach, just to the right of the lifeguard tower. We had spent enough time on the message board to know that when you get to the beach, you find your spot, set it up how you like it, and then you disrobe. We also knew that if we wanted to socialize, you head to the pool, if you just want to lounge on the beach, you stick to the right.

Although we weren’t overly concerned about being as far away from others as possible, we knew that neither of us was ready to dive right in to the social side, so we stuck to the right hand side of the beach, found some shade, and set up.

Before we knew it, our bathing suits were in our beach bag, and we were nude under the Jamaican sun! What an interesting sensation.

We sat in our loungers reading our books for the first hour or so, and then decided to head to the bar for a drink. I know that for first timers, some have had the husband go get drinks, some have had the wife go gets drinks; likely dependant on who felt more comfortable in the nude. For us, we do everything together, and that meant that we went to the bar for the first time together. We had discussed it before hand, so we knew that when it came time to get a drink, we were both going.

I will admit, it was a bit strange at first, strolling up to the bar with nothing but a hat on and ordering a drink, but you do get used to it after a few times. You can strike up a conversation with someone sitting at the bar, or you can just get your drinks and return to your chairs, it’s up to you. For us, we got our drinks, and headed back to our loungers. Nothing to it! We did socialize a bit later on in the week, spending some time in the pool etc. but we preferred just sitting in our chairs, reading our books and enjoying each others company.

We were at CSS for 7 days, and we spent every day of our vacation on SSB. We picked a different spot each day, the first day we were to the right side of the beach, and another day we were on the opposite side of the beach, near the bar. We were comfortable everywhere, which surprised us.

Although we walked up and down the textile beach a couple of times, we never spent any other time there. After the first day at SSB, neither of us had any interest in wearing a bathing suit while on the beach.

As for the usual statistics: shaved, unshaved, fit, over-weight, tattoos, piercings, etc etc etc. I can say that SSB has them all, and all are welcomed. Although it appeared that more were shaved then unshaven, it made absolutely NO difference at all. Same goes for bodies… All were present, and all were welcome, including my over-weight self.

First impressions: AN is an incredible experience, and at the same time, is no big deal. What I mean by that is that it’s an amazing thing to feel comfortable enough in your own skin to bear it all and feel the breeze and sunshine all over. At the same time, it wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought it would be. As has been mentioned countless times on the message board here, nudity is a taboo subject for most North Americans, so the fact that we felt comfortable so quickly was surprising. We both had the same feeling of “What was the big deal???” No one gawked, no one stared, it was just another day at the beach! Yes, it can feel a bit awkward at first, but you soon realize that no one is paying much attention to you at all, and that being at Couples, be it nude or wearing your suit, is about spending time with your significant other. Some, like us, just enjoy it while naked on the beach.

Will we go back? We’re already counting down the days until next year’s trip!

Jay & Jen:

Enjoyed your post. You captured much of the experience with your thoughts. I especially concur with the little rush of excitement and anticipation as you're putting on the sunscreen beforehand. And, anyone with an open enough mind to give it a try needs to also understand that nudity is a natural state. It's society's mores and American upbringing that clouds our minds regarding nudity. Welcome aboard!

Bilkat

Bilkat:

Thanks for the welcome! We had a really great time at SSB, and like most, were very sad that we had to leave. The saddest time of the day was at 5pm when others began showing up to watch the sunset. It was REALLY hard to put our suits back on!

And about the “Once you go you know” statement. You read it a lot here on the message board, specifically about going AN, and I think for some it just comes across as an over-used statement. But it really is true. You can never get the full understanding of what going AN is like until you experience it for yourself. As I mentioned in my earlier post, both Jen and I had the same mental response after being nude for the first time. “Wow, this is great! And honestly, what was the big deal?”

During the first day, we kept asking each other “So how are you doing, are you still ok with this?” The response was always, “Yup, this is awesome, I love it here! And I’m surprised I’m so comfortable…”

There is just no way to express that feeling to anyone until they go and experience it for themselves, so “once you go, you really do know…”

Quote Originally Posted by dsm221b View Post
    I know everyone says the AN beach is non-sexual. And that is true for the most part. Obviously everyone behaves with respect and with common sense. But we found that every day was like having 8 hours of foreplay even though we hardly laid a finger on each other. At night, we never made it all the way through the resort's evening entertainment without having to run back to our room to enjoy our own entertainment involving some form of naked reggae.

dsm221b
    Hmm. I think we're more along these lines. I read many posts before going and was a little confused by what everyone said. I don't understand the meaning when people say they are just there because it's natural and that it's not about sex.

While I agree that it's not about oogling others and gawking or assessing, there is something more than just the warm sun and being free. I'd definitely say it's in the category of foreplay for us. Are you all (most) really saying you're not there for a turn-on? I'm not talking Hedo stuff, but for us it made for some great times later in our room.

I think the fact that it takes most some courage to work up to doing it says something more is going on than a "free and natural feeling."

All that said, we took a few days to work up to doing it and it was her rather than me that finally got up the nerve. The first time was a strange feeling. I will say that everyone behaves very well and nobody makes you feel uncomfortable.

We're both 40's and quite fit and didn't feel out of place.

I can remember our discussion before we did it. "Now we know people are going to look and we can't get offended because.....well that's why we're going."

It didn't take long before we felt fairly comfortable and even joined a group for discussion in/around the hot tub. We laughed later because I failed to notice a lady "lathering" up with suntan lotion in a manner meant for me. I hadn't even noticed she turned directly toward me to do her front. I was too dumb to realize it was meant for me.

We did go to the hot tub a few evenings and were disappointed that there was never anyone around. We're not swingers and certainly weren't looking for physical interaction, but there is lot's of spice in Jamaica: Isn't there?

I guess, by what I see here, that we don't really "get" the experience the way most do. I guess there is no harm in our experiencing it our way as long as we pretend it's all about a natural feeling and not about excitement (for later).

:shrug :evil smile

Default Just returned from CN

My wife and I were at CN from 12/2-12/7 and had a great time. It was our first time to Jamaica and first time on an "au naturel" beach. We booked the trip in March of 2010 and there were many times after we would kid each other about hanging out on the nude beach. My wife had gone topless on our trips to Mexico but was not sure she could go fully nude.

The Friday morning we were there, she participated in the tie dying and we went for a walk up the beach towards the RIU. When we returned she made a comment about taking her top off but did not see any others, so was not comfortable. After approx half an hour I asked if we should check out the other side of the hedge. She said she was ready.

Upon arriving, I was surprised how many couples were already there. We set up out chairs, removed our suits and never spent another minute on the main beach other then an occasional walk. We both enjoyed laying out, taking a nap, reading and even walking to and floating in the ocean. We also had many laughs at the "gawkers" and we determined that many of them deep down wanted to be playing out on that side of the beach as well.

Overall, we had an excellent trip. The food was great, the staff were fun and the beach was awesome. We look forward to our return and miss being there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    ...I failed to notice a lady "lathering" up with suntan lotion in a manner meant for me. I hadn't even noticed she turned directly toward me to do her front. I was too dumb to realize it was meant for me.

We did go to the hot tub a few evenings and were disappointed that there was never anyone around. We're not swingers and certainly weren't looking for physical interaction, but there is lot's of spice in Jamaica: Isn't there?
    Ewww.

JandW-we were there at the same time as you, 3-10. Wasn't it a gorgeous week? Turned a little windy on Wed. and I actually had to cover with a towel part of the day!! The AN beach was very busy this time. Last time there were never more than 5 couples there. The water was wonderful too-the last few days we had real waves and it was so much fun. Anyway, we were the out of shape couple in our 50's We'll be back next year, same time.

I have always enjoyed being naked. My wife however has always been a little on the shy side. Our first trip to CTI was in April of 2006. I had done quite a bit of research and was eager to go to "The Island". My wife did not share my enthusiasm... so she finally gave in the last day (ok, there was alcohol and jewlery involved)so we went over to the island and went about as far away from the pool as you can get without being in the water. The next year we booked the Secret Rendezvous and stayed at Couples San Souci. We were at SSB every day and loved it. For those who are willing to give it a try, they find that its truly a liberating experience. We are heading back to CSS April 14th. We will be Nekkid! Couples who come to CSS and don't try SSB are really missing out...

Quote Originally Posted by kandl View Post
    JandW-we were there at the same time as you, 3-10. Wasn't it a gorgeous week? Turned a little windy on Wed. and I actually had to cover with a towel part of the day!! The AN beach was very busy this time. Last time there were never more than 5 couples there. The water was wonderful too-the last few days we had real waves and it was so much fun. Anyway, we were the out of shape couple in our 50's We'll be back next year, same time.

The weather was perfect that week. We would love to go every year, but with the ages of our children are looking at every two to three years.

We went to CSS the week before Thanksgiving and went to SSB the day after arrival. The easiest way to say how much we enjoyed it is that AN is now a requirement for all future "just us two" vacations. Have to go on a cruise for a family wedding soon and not looking forward to the tan lines or icky wet bathing suits! We're already booked to go back to CSS next fall and are desperately trying to figure out how to get there (or try CN) for a long weekend this spring. What surprised me the most was how quickly and easily we became comfortable with being nude with all the other people around. It's just an amazing experience.

Seen a few newbie threads in this area lately so I thought I'd bump this up to the top section again. Feedback is a constant help, especially if it is current.

I hope you are all having a great 2011. I'm sitting here in London recovering from a foot operation and dreaming of SSB!

Default A Great First Time Experience!

My wife and I returned from our first Jamaica / Couples / CTI / CSS / AN experience earlier this month and had a marvelous time! I had been looking forward to experiencing nude sunbathing for over a year and had made reservations at CTI and CSS because they are first class resorts and offered AN in the proper context. About six months before leaving for Jamaica I brought up my desire to try nude sunbathing to my wife. After an initial VERY negative response I asked her to read a Word file I created with links to the Couples AN message board. The message board is filled with everyday people enjoying nude sunbathing and not running around chasing each other. After several days of reading she agreed to try it once on the first day for an hour. If she didn’t enjoy the experience, we’d leave and enjoy the other parts of the resort with no hard feelings. The rest is history! Except for a couple of off-site excursions, we spent most daylight hours on the island or at SSB. We both had a great time.

A major part of the wonderful time we had on the island and at Sunset Beach is a result of interacting with the other great couples we met there. A warm hello to A and S, M and K, J and V, S and P, M and E, R and A, J and K, B and J, and F and M!

Default First Time - CTI and A/N

I just got back from CTI on Sunday
    I think I read every first timer, never done that before post on this message board. I was there with my girlfriend who has done the AN thing before but obviously I never have.

Upon arrival I was disappointed to see exactly how close the island is to the main beach. I obviously saw people on the island, could tell they were naked, but you couldn’t see any detail. I then even got out my camera to verify that you could not see anything with a normal camera and a zoom lens. Do I have to say that I was apprehensive!

The first day after our arrival and after breakfast she asked if we wanted to go over there. I agreed that if I didn’t go now then when??

We gathered up our stuff, loaded up with spray on sun tan lotion on our patio, walked down to the boat, and rode to the island. I think the boat could have floated over the top of the water with the butterflies in my stomach!

My plan was that of many of the people on the message board. GO RIGHT and get away from the other people and sit down and blend into the background. Well it was a pretty day and the island had a good number of people on it so chairs were sparse. There were two chairs right beside the pool in a great shady area and we proceeded to secure those spots. After putting the towels on the chairs and adjusting the chairs, off came the suits and we sat right now. My girlfriend then asked if I wanted a beer, which I certainly did! She got up and got me several beers while I enjoyed the sunshine. After a few minutes I found out that being here was NO BIG DEAL. After a few beers, that she was bringing me, I needed to make room for more and determined that she was not going to be able to do that for me. So up and off to the bathroom I went, naked!

After stopping back by the bar for another beer, I returned to my chair and felt as relaxed as I have ever been.

We spent every day there at the island and enjoyed it like everyone said that I would. We met the friendliest people there and even had an AN hot tub party later in the week.

I did see a woman that would take her towel with her kind of covering up every time she went to the bathroom or to the bar, but for the most part everyone was very comfortable walking around.

You can go to your chair and sit on your towel before disrobing to make this first transition easier but once you are there you will probably find out like I did, this was the most comfortable I have ever been on a beach.

Yes, you will see all types of people there. There are skinny, fat, young, old, scarred, muscled, tattooed, and not tattooed people walking or laying about. I think you will find out like I did that you are making way too much about this, putting in way too much thought, and working yourself up for nothing.

Default CN Review

Review of Couples Negril, Westmorland, Jamaica

Time at the resort: 22 January 2011 to 29 January 2011

Arrival:

On arrival in the Montigo Bay airport we were greeted at the Couples’ lounge by friendly staff. We were offered a cold beer and they very capably took us into their care. We were checked off their booking list and settled into wait for the shuttle bus to the resort.

We only had to wait about 45 minutes (two beer) and then were escorted out to the waiting shuttle. The airport red caps took care of our luggage and loaded it into the minibus. Please remember that a small gratuity is expected for all non- Couples staff in Jamaica.

Couples Negril is situated on Bloody Bay and it is a 90 minute ride from the airport. The other option is to fly directly from Montigo Bay to Negril. The cost for the Island hopper is $75 USD per person and next time is the way we will go. The Negril airport is right across the street from the Resort but the noise at the resort was minimal during our stay and would not be a factor in future bookings.

When we arrived at Couples’ Negril (CN), we were greeted by smiling staff and what we would soon recognize as the official greeting of “Welcome Home,” a cool facecloth for our faces and hands as well as a chilled glass of sparkling wine. On we found out very quickly that at Couples’ the staff comes to you and not the other way around. We were seated while the staff checked us in and gave us our keys and quickly and efficiently we were escorted to our room.

Accommodations:

On the resort there are two types of view. Beach and Garden. Predominantly the Garden view rooms and suites are located on the north part of the resort and are close to the water sports facility and the beach views are located on the Southern portion close to the Au Natural (AN) beach.

Both the suites and rooms are beautifully appointed with a King sized bed as well as a mini fridge. The big difference between the two are that the suites have a palatial bathroom with two sinks, a rain head shower as well as a Jacuzzi tub. The rooms are pretty standard hotel fair with full tub/ shower. All rooms are easy walking distance to all facilities.

Honestly, we spent so little time in our room except to sleep that I would recommend getting a room and using the extra savings on staying an extra day at this resort!

Restaurants:

There are Five areas to eat at the resort, the food is plentiful, tasty and available 23.5 hrs a day.

The Cassava Terrace- is the main restaurant that alternates between buffet style service and A La Carte at night. Lunch and Breakfast are offered as a buffet style only.

The beach grill (Heliconia) - This is for those who want that beach front experience. The grill is open until 5:30 AM so there is little chance that you can go hungry at Couples. For supper, the Heliconia opens for table service right at beach side.

Lychee Restaurant is open for supper only and offers a great menu of Asian fusion type ala carte service. This was by far our preferred dining experience.

Otahite Restaurant- This is the only restaurant that has a more strict dress code and requires you to make a reservation at least two days in advance. All in all this was the only disappointment as far as dining experiences go. We felt rushed and the food was not up to par with the way it was billed. We certainly would not re-book this one.

Bars:

The primary bar is connected to the Beach grill it stays open for most of the day.

Swim up bar: This facility is where you go to see and be scene by the other vacationers. There is a wet and dry side to this bar and is a very social experience not to be missed.

The Circular bar: This bar is located at the Cassava open air Restaurant and is open for Mimosa’s with breakfast and then late into the evening.

AN Bar: As stated this is in the AN area and does not provide “Red Flag” service or at least I never saw anyone using it. It opens at 10 AM and closes at 5 PM.

Water sports:

The all inclusive nature of CN goes on into the area of water sports and recreation, most activities are free with some small exceptions.

Catamaran Cruise:
    Free and fantastic (highly recommended)

Glass Bottom boat cruise:
    Those that I spoke to had a great time and saw lots of sea life.

SCUBA:
    If you already have your “C” ticket (PADI, ACUC, CMAS are all accepted) then you can go for two dives a day plus a fee for a night dive.

If you have not dived in 18 months, you must do a 2 hour refresher in the pool for $50 USD charged to your room.

All standard gear including Regulator, Air, BC, Fins, Mask are included free of charge but there is a charge of $10 a day for a wet suit or $30 for the week. If you are going below 10 Meters it is recommended that you get one.

Intro Dive package including a first dive is free for those who are not qualified.

If you do the Intro package then all successive dives must be guided and will cost $50 a dive (limit to one dive a day).

Snorkeling:
    You can sign out all the gear you wish for snorkeling around the resort and/ or do a night dive for a small fee.

Other:
    You can also sign out Sunfish Sail boats, small Hobicats, waterskiing. I think there is a fee attached to the last one but am unsure as we did not do this activity.

Beaches:

The beach is fantastic! There are plenty of lounge chairs along the property and they provide “flag service” for beverages. All you have to do is put your flag up and one of the staff will come to you and refresh your drink of choice.

AN Beach.

The Au Natural beach is just that. If you are going to enjoy the sun in this area you are nude. There are no bottoms or tops permitted by the resort in this area and this rule is strictly enforced by the staff. There is a bar that is open from 10 AM to 5 PM. The bartender takes a half hour for lunch between 1 and 1:30 PM but all the beverages and mix are left out for patrons to self serve.
    There is plenty of shade as well as two hammocks built for two on the AN area for those who wish to remain on the beach but are feeling the direct Jamaican sun. Every one we met on this beach was friendly with discreetness and privacy if you wanted it or as social as you wanted as well. By the end of our week on the AN beach we knew most people by name and had a gang of about 4 couples that would put our chairs in a group and spend the day chatting, drinking and basking in the beautiful sunshine.

The area up to the high tide mark is public access. There are few gawkers that walk along the beach and look up into the AN area but they are harmless. They will avert their eyes if you just wave at them.

For the most part, people simply stand up and walk into the water with out putting anything on. For some it is as simple as putting the cushon from your beach chair over your shoulder for the short stroll into the water. And for a scant few they do put on their bottoms to go swimming although the reason for this simply eludes me.

Pools and Hot tubs:

There are three regular hot tubs. Two attached to the main pool and one by the Water Sports area. As well there is an AN hot tub. All three are open 24 hrs a day.
    Please, please, Please only bring plastic close to the hot tubs as they will be closed for days if there is any glass breakage. We brought plastic wine glasses with us to ensure the continued safety and enjoyment of the facility.

There are two pools at CN. The main pool right in front of the main building with an infinity ledge that spills down to the swim up bar. The swims up bar is open from 10 AM to 7 PM and believe me that is plenty of time if that is where you are planning to spend your day. The second pool is by the Water Sports buildings and is used for Dive classes during the day but is open at night for the general population.

Off Resort excursions:

There are plenty of off site stuff to do like going for shopping in Down Town Negril as well as trips to Margaritaville and Ricks Café. Most of these trips cost between $15 - $20 USD. There are also half day trips to go zip lining in the Jungle canopy and rafting.
    The beauty of this site is that you can do as much or as little as you wish. Our choice was to do one activity a day and leave the rest of the day for relaxation.

In closing I highly recommend the Couples line of Resorts for an all exclusive vacation in a very romantic setting. Please remember that children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the property at any time.

The only down side was that I would have liked to see a formal occasion so that if you wanted to get all dolled up in formal attire (black Tie) for a night of cocktails and dancing with your partner there was a venue for it.

Default Newbies Review of SSB

OK went to CSS (back in Nov '10 - seems an age ago...) and took the plunge of visiting SSB on day 2 - and it was AWFUL (see what I did there, trying to put other people off going to our little bit of paradise!).

Like the Couples Website and Resorts, I've kept the AN comments separate, so if you're interested, there a review of the non AN experience in the main message board thread.

I’m 47 and my gorgeous wife a little younger and SSB was our first AN - don’t normally even get down to shorts or Bikini (wife, not me!) so this was going to be a big step. Although I was putting on a ‘front’ of not bothered for fear of putting my wife off, I was nervous about getting undressed. We took a deep breath, wandered onto the beach and picked our spot. To my amazement, while I was fighting to get the (very comfortable) loungers to cooperate, my wife was already disrobing and was first AN!

Whilst we didn’t feel totally comfortable wandering around nekid (not surprising really – reserved Brits) we did so to take a dip, grab a drink, food etc without issue. It was a little daunting for those like us who lack the self confidence to stand by the sunken pool bar, but became less of an issue as the week progressed. Perhaps that’s why whoever’s on duty at that bar always seemed to wear sunglasses…!

The whole atmosphere on SSB was SO relaxed that we felt more at home there than walking in shorts and T-shirt on the main beach! Everyone we spoke to was friendly and there certainly was nothing sexual about the place – in fact I think there was probably more concentrated ‘eye contact’ when talking here than you would find in a normal day to day conversation!

You do get the odd boat coming in close to shore, locals drumming up trade for fishing trips as well as the S dive boat popping past occasionally, but it wasn’t a problem even for us.

The beach was sandy, but there were lots of stones and ants etc around, so water shoes were a fantastic investment – bought ours in a TESCO sale last summer and were worth their weight in gold, especially as you get into the sea! I probably went out 30-40 yards and water was warm and still below chest. After about 20 yards, the stones seemed to make way to sand. Also, take copious amounts of bug spray – we took a roll-on and forgot the spray so had to buy some locally. Probably worth taking plenty with you if you can as $12 to $18 on site.

There were all shapes, sizes, ages and tan shades (we were the pasty white ones furthest away from the pool!) so the comments about Walmart (or ASDA if you’re in the UK) stand. Grooming seems to be a common theme on these threads and, whilst I can honestly say I wasn’t paying that much attention, can confirm that the majority seemed to be groomed to some extent with the odd person totally cleared.

We loved this place sooooooooooooo much – it’s the first holiday where we visited the beach every day - and it was SSB. I think the only time we went to the Main beach was to get aboard for the Glass Bottom Boat trip!

Anyway, enough about the beach, don’t want to encourage others if you know what I mean

We both said, to paraphrase Arnie : I'll be back...

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Hmm. I think we're more along these lines. I read many posts before going and was a little confused by what everyone said. I don't understand the meaning when people say they are just there because it's natural and that it's not about sex.

While I agree that it's not about oogling others and gawking or assessing, there is something more than just the warm sun and being free. I'd definitely say it's in the category of foreplay for us. Are you all (most) really saying you're not there for a turn-on? I'm not talking Hedo stuff, but for us it made for some great times later in our room.

I think the fact that it takes most some courage to work up to doing it says something more is going on than a "free and natural feeling."

All that said, we took a few days to work up to doing it and it was her rather than me that finally got up the nerve. The first time was a strange feeling. I will say that everyone behaves very well and nobody makes you feel uncomfortable.

We're both 40's and quite fit and didn't feel out of place.

I can remember our discussion before we did it. "Now we know people are going to look and we can't get offended because.....well that's why we're going."

It didn't take long before we felt fairly comfortable and even joined a group for discussion in/around the hot tub. We laughed later because I failed to notice a lady "lathering" up with suntan lotion in a manner meant for me. I hadn't even noticed she turned directly toward me to do her front. I was too dumb to realize it was meant for me.

I guess, by what I see here, that we don't really "get" the experience the way most do. I guess there is no harm in our experiencing it our way as long as we pretend it's all about a natural feeling and not about excitement (for later).

:shrug :evil smile
    you guys should try Hedo II, it sounds like you will "get" that experience.

We were at SSB in October 2010 and loved the experience!
    Last edited by sand52man; February 16th, 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    you guys should try Hedo II, it sounds like you will "get" that experience.
    I have talked to many people that feel that going to the AN side is like 8 hours of foreplay. I feel bad for the couples that feels nothing other than freedom from textiles. Call me a Perv but the site of my lovely sexy wife naked is still exciting and pleasing. The comment about going to Hedo II is not fair, there is a lot of people that want that sexy warm feeling of the AN experience with out the over the top experience of a Hedo. We have been going to AN resorts for years and we "get it".

Default new experience

After researching the net last fall, we booked CSS for our February getaway. So many reasons that CSS called to me and the AN aspect was one of them. My husband and I had never been to an AN beach before, he is 40 and I am 45, we just thought it was about time to have a new experience.
    Well, that experience was absolutely wonderful! I would describe it as liberating, relaxing, sensual and fun! The hot sun on our bodies, the water flowing freely all over us... swimming in the ocean completely bare was IT for me.
    Of course there was about 3 seconds of hesitation once we got there and found a spot on the beach but after that moment, we never looked back. We spent all of our perfect days there and met some really great people.
    We hope to return next year and the year after that and the year after that.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrandmrsgolfer View Post
    I have talked to many people that feel that going to the AN side is like 8 hours of foreplay. I feel bad for the couples that feels nothing other than freedom from textiles. Call me a Perv but the site of my lovely sexy wife naked is still exciting and pleasing. The comment about going to Hedo II is not fair, there is a lot of people that want that sexy warm feeling of the AN experience with out the over the top experience of a Hedo. We have been going to AN resorts for years and we "get it".
    I cannot but agree with these sentiments. The Hedo comment was unnecessary really but perhaps made in jest? There is definitely a sexual frisson but it is also very clear that the frisson is between partners rather than for anyone else on the beach. This inevitably leads to very enjoyable 'horizontal tango'ing!'

We don't need to go to an AN beach to see naked people anymore, the internet deals with the basics for those who needs are inclined that way. The experience of being naked is often to do with the personal freedom to be rid of stuff that defines us. I don't know about anyone else but my skin is neither Armani nor Nike but people still interact with me and my wife because we are friendly.

People do look at each other ('sneaky peeking' is what we call it) but the point is that they don't judge or make people uncomfortable. It is the same on the textile beach I guess but somehow when we are stripped of all vestiges we are just us, pauper or millionaire, binman or managing director.

We just can't wait until we can book CSS again. It cant come soon enough!

Two quick points:
    1. Some people stare or take "peeks" at people they find attractive at the AN beach; just the same way they do at the regular beach (or the bank, the mall, the dry cleaners, the gym, etc, etc, etc). It is normal everywhere
    2. Any guy who says that the AN beach is totally non sexual is a damn liar (and a bad one, at that)

Don't mean to stir the pot, but those are my opinions an we love CN and the AN beach

Of course people check out other people... it is only natural... I agree with Johnniem that is is done with respect... as far as the sexual comments ... I know I enjoy any moment I have to see my gorgeous wife au natural!!

Thank you Quester, now I'm just creeped out.

I'm really heartened to hear of your great experiences on going nekkid - alas ours was not so trouble free...

We hadn't realised when we booked our two weeks holiday (yes we're from the UK - vacation to you) to CTI that it had a nude island, I'd packed binoculars thinking it had natural beauty of a different kind. At the airport lounge, I logged on to the Internet to kill some time and thought I'd check out the Couples website and discovered it was an au naturel island, no matter I thought, I'm ok with that! I picked up a few tips from the forum - make sure you sit on a towel, be 'trimmed' and keep to the right on the island...no problem mon!

On the plane, it dawned on me that I had 3 decades of growth to deal with - no matter, I'll start before we land. 45 mins prior to landing, I took my trusty electric razor with me to the loo and set to work with the beard trimmer...now doesn't time pass quickly when working on a masterpiece and the knock on the door brought me to my senses, but also caused me a nasty nic when it made me jump! There was quite a queue formed when I opened the door so I rubbed my face and said " ah that's better".

On hitting the resort it was already lunchtime, so we made our way directly to the jetty for the transfer boat. I'm very eager by now so decide to don my binoculars and disrobe there rather than on the island, as I'm sure I'd read somewhere on the forum. But the boat was at the island so I had to wave to get the drivers attention. Well, as I'm waving my arms back and forth to get his attention, my winkie is doing his own little wave which I think I would have got away with had there not been a wedding on the beach at the time...the brides mother still looked to be in shock that night

Anyway, the boat arrives and I'm halfway down the steps before it docks...it wasn't my fault he didn't look up until the last minute...oh dear! Right, on the boat and put the towel down first, but boy that sun is hot on my freshly shaven part...no problem, Jane can spray me on the ride over to the island. It would have been ok had the water been calm, but with the white-caps causing the boat to list up and down, my own problem area jumping up and down, she scored a direct hit in the eye with the sun spray...ouch.

The dock is normally quite steady but not today, so I sent Jane off first (just to see) and told her to be sure to head to the right. As I get off the boat it dips and lurches, my binoculars get caught and spin me 180 degrees around just as 3 islander couples approach from the rear...not good. I apologise (us brits are good at this) and walk purposefully onto the island and turn left...don't ask me why, I just became a bit disorientated and the spray in the eye made everything a bit blurred. So by the time I reached the pool wearing nothing but my binoculars, squinting and asking if anyone had seen my wife, my 'wee man' looking very red and sorry for itself, when they shouted "three man" from the pool, I turned and fled....

Of course NONE of the above is true, and going naked is the most natural, non eventful thing you'll ever do, with a bunch of like minded fun people - the friendliest you'll ever meet.

Mike

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast