Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Wow, Northern Nurse, what a fantastic review! There is so much useful information there you might to let those that aren't interested in AN to have the rest of the review by cutting and pasting it into the main board. Excellent stuff! Johnniem.

I love this thread! It's a great way for people to give their own personal view on their first time AN.

(There are other places to leave complete reviews of the resort you visited and we welcome those reviews.)

This thread offers guests a place to comment on their first time at an AN beach (or island) at Couples.

I remember our first trip to COR in 2004. My DH was only too happy to head over to the island, me...not so much. I have a .....very cuddly body with jiggly and wiggly bits and I didn't see the need to inflict that on unsuspecting guests. So, we did go and once we got to the island we set up on the right, hubby got hot, headed for the bar to get drinks and never came back. Ok, so maybe he would have come back eventually but I was extremely hot and dehydrated so I got up and went to find him and my diet pepsi. Talk about embarrassing, upon arriving at the bar, I was greeted by a number of smiling people with "oh, this must be the wife". So, of course, DH had to mention me so no one thought he was there alone. Well, everyone was very welcoming and friendly and no one even looked at my bits (or they didn't make it obvious). We now travel only to Couples, CTI, CSS and CN, our favourite. Who knew I would be the one to disrobe first on our arrival to the AN beach now? We love it?

Default re-post

Hello all, I've posted this on a seperate thread but I'm taking some advice and posting it here as well for those of you looking for some first-timer feedback:

Let me start by saying that I just returned from my honeymoon at CTI, prior to this trip I have never done anykind of public nudity. My wonderful husband I and I spent pretty much our entire week on the island completly nekkid, surrounded by people we had never met before.
    I have never felt more comfortable or less judged in my life, and a complete feeling of security in my relationship.

Our first day, I listened to the message board and found a quiet spot where the two of us quickly disrobed and laid out to soak up the sun. After about a half hour we were getting a little thirstly so we looked at each other and decided to go over to the pool bar, we just figured, screw it, if we're going to do it let's just go for it.

So, while we planned to do all kinds of excursions that week, all we did was hang out at the island. Here's why...

After an hour of being nekkid, you realize that it really is the "natural" way to be. My swimsuit didn't bind me up or create a muffin top, my body just looked like it is supposed to. I never felt like anyone was scrutinzing me, because what can they say? No ones perfect and I'm nekkid but they are too

I don't know if I have ever met a friendlier or more fun group of people in my life. One of our new friends said it best "coming to the island is like running into a bunch of your friends you haven't met yet", so true. And for a couple reasons, I think everyone at the island is outgoing (you have to be to take off your clothes in front of a big group of prople right?) so it's easy to make friends. 2nd reason, you have to have a comfort level in your relationship and with life in general to go for it too. I met a group of people that #1 - love their spouse/signifigant other and #2 - love themselves, it's just a great vibe there.

While at the main resort all week we could hear people talking about what they thought the island was all about, the one thing they all had in common was that they had never been there. As it's been said 1000 times on the message board, once you go, you know. I will squash the "rumor" that anyone there is a swinger or creepy in anyway, no one there gave any kind of indication that they were there for any other reason than to have a great time with THIER OWN spouse. And the feeling there is very non-sexual, if anything people go out of thier way to avoid anything sexual going on in front of others. There is of course a loving embrace or kiss between a couple but no making out or explicit touching.

For those of you considering it, just go for it. Don't worry about if other people are fit or how many people remove body hair, or staying in a spot where no one can see you. RELAX and go for it, you only get one chance at this ride called life. Go your first day, if it's not for you then don't go back, if it's for you then you'll have an amazing time and you'll only be mad at yourself you didn't figure all of this stuff out sooner.

I know that I have now met some folks that I will be friends with for a long time, and that I know just a little more about life because of the people we met there. Viva, April Amigos!!!
    Mrs. Cowan
    CTI April 2011

My husband and I are going to CN in July( for our 10 yr anniversary) and I am a little more "spur of the moment" or "that sounds like fun lets do it" then my husband is...Haha. When I found out there was an AN beach there I didn't think much of it and it but it kind of skittered across my mind to maybe go topless at the regular beach. BUT, the more I have read this forum the more I thought this sounds like fun. We always sit in our hottub naked at home so the no wet bathing suit idea is one we favor :-) So I went home and told the hubby "Guess what we're going to do in Jamaica?" and he said "are you serious?"! Needless to say it only took me a few hours of teasing and prodding and I got my way :-) So we will be trying it out for the first time in a few months! The only "hang up" my hubby had was "I hope no one talks to us while we're in there" and my reply to that was "we will see" ;-)

As requested, re-posted under this title thread:

Just returned from CN on May 14. 1st timers at the AN beach. Went there 5 times. Probably would have been there more but had 2 other couples that remained on the textile side and had to split time both areas. Here's my newbie impressions:

1. Plenty of room/chairs. Sometimes the shady spots can be at a premium and the Jamaican sun can get pretty hot. A couple of pics of the AN beach area:

http://couples.com/mb/images/attach/jpg.gif

2. Most of the people were 30 / 40ish. Probably regular bell curve distribution from there. Didn't see anyone that would grace the covers of bodybuilding mags but most looked normally fit. Again, normal distribution from there. Usually about 12 people on the beach with most located near the grape tree.

3. The hedge provides some privacy from the textile side but it also blocks the breeze. For newbies, the hedge might provide a little security but I recommend sitting away from it. Gets real hot without the breeze.

4. The bar is stocked with all the normal ingredients. Frozen drinks and ice falter in the Jamaican sun pretty quickly. One drawback -- the bar closes at 5:00 but you still have 2 1/2 hours of daylight left. A few of us had to take turns putting on our swim suits to make trips to the pool bar. Maybe leaving a serving tray or something to carry multiple drinks would help.

5. Yes, people are going to see you naked. No, they aren't going to stare. Yes, there are beach walkers that will look but not many. Yes, you get pretty comfortable with it all pretty quickly.

6. Good experience. We will do it again next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

My wife and were at CN from May 11 - 18. I had joked with my wife that we were going to spend all of our time at the AN section of the beach, but she wasn't to sure about it. We had booked a beachfront suite and low and behold guess which suite we ended up in? 9108 which is the suite directly behind the AN section. We both laughed and I said that it was fate and that we would definitely have to try it now. One evening we then decided to go use the hot tub. We took a couple of drinks with us and sat in there for about a half an hour. What a great time! The next day we went out to the AN beach in the morning and again later in the afternoon. We ended up going out a couple more times through the week. We both loved it and would definitely do it again. My advice to anyone who wants to try it but isnt quite sure would be to go out around 9 am before anyone gets there. You can then get naked and enjoy the sun au naturel all by yourselves and ease into it! For our entire week, I beleive there were never more than 6 couples on the beach at one time. My wife and I have been joking with our family and friends that we are now nudists! What a great trip!

I had been to a nude beach before, but my wife had not. I was stunned when she suggested CTI and noted the A/N island. We went over on our first morning, sat in chairs facing out to sea, and read our books, which is pretty much what I expected our experience to be.

After about 20 minutes, she says, "Let's get a drink." And the rest is history. We spent every day in the pool with "the regulars". By day 2 she was off socializing by herself. At one point I heard her call my name, and I looked up to see my conservative, nudity newbie wife standing on the pool deck buck naked with two people I had not yet met. She says, "This is Kevin and Denise. They're going to be in our wedding tomorrow." Three days earlier I could never have imagined a less probable scenario than that playing out. I could only conclude that there must be something in the water down there.

That was 5 years ago, and we're going back this summer with Kevin and Denise as well as another couple we met on the island during our first trip.

We went a/n for the first time this weekend at CN. When we booked a few months ago, we both mentioned it as a maybe. While we didn't talk about it a lot, occassionally we would kid around about it. Neither of us said "no" and in fact said that we should since we would never see anyone from the beach again, but I know I was extremely nervous, and I am sure my wife was even more nervous. I am still shocked that she was considering it. She is very conservative.

The first day we got there, we went straight to the textile beach, not even mentioning the a/n beach. I glanced over in that direction some and I caught her doing the same but neither one of us said anything. I think we both wanted to but were still nervous. That night, we said we should try it the next day. The next morning we walked to the beach and ended up stopping at the textile beach. Again, no one said anything. Had a great morning with the red flag service. Then we got lunch. After lunch, I looked at her and said "Which beach we heading to?" She looked nervous but said "I guess the nude."

We went over and found two chairs near the back. There were probably about 5 other couples there. I had trouble adjusting the chair (I think it was the nerves). After putting out the towel, we both stripped quickly and laid down. Just like everyone on the board said, it took a little while to get used to. I think she was nervous that people would look. I was nervous about that as well as any excitement showing. Again, like so many on the board have stated, no one cared.

We decided who would go get the first drink. She went first since the bartender was female. I was impressed how easily she got up to go over. Of course, when she was waiting, one of the male patrons of the beach went over to get a drink. A "little" uncomfortable standing next to him she said, but she was surprised at how easily she handled it.

Then the first trip into the ocean. I had seen people wrapping themselves in their chair floats. That seemed like too much trouble and almost to draw more attention to yourself. We decided to watch down the beach, wait for a break of people, and walk straight out. No eye contact, and it was surprisingly easy. Can't tell you how wonderful it is to be in the ocean without a bathing suit. We thoroughly enjoyed that. Now, the walk back out of the water. Again we tried to time the walk between the people walking on the beach. Boy did we misjudge how much walking through the water would slow us down. We made the beach right when a clothed couple was walking by. Again, no eye contact, and again, it wasn't that bad. Went right to our chair and didn't even have to dry off. The sun dried us. No wet bathing suit is fantastic.

I made the next trip to the bar. I have to say this was a little uncomfortable. Not because of the bartender or even the other people at the bar. The buildings behind the a/n beach can look down. I felt a little on display standing at the bar so I slid over to the side so the bar blocked any view. Also, the bathroom is almost outside the a/n area, near the building. My wife put on a coverup when she went there.

Napping naked on the beach was fantastic. We both left for the day. How much did we like it? The next morning, without even being asked, my wife said, "I want to go over to the nude beach." We spent most of the day there, by ourselves on our chairs and talking to people in the water. You completely forget you are naked except constantly thinking about how comfortable and relaxed you feel. It was getting late and we hadn't eaten lunch yet, but my wife didn't want to put on her clothes to go get anything to eat. Finally, we had to go.

Three months ago, neither of us would ever have thought of this. Over the last couple of months, we were both extremely nervous. Now, I don't know if we would pick a place that didn't have a/n possibilities. Sorry about how long this is, but I would like to thank all the posters here that helped alleviate some of our feels.

Dear hd,

It seems that the idea of having a 'feedback' thread has worked; at least for you it has! That was always my intention and it is clear from the posts above yours that there are others who have benefited from the AN newbie feedback. The fact that you took the time to explain your nervousness and subsequent enjoyment is also very telling as it probably accurately describes most of our fears (and eventual joys) of the AN experience.

From my own viewpoint I am just waiting to see what fortnight we have free during the remaining part of 2011 so that we can return to CSS. Fortunately for me and my wife we live in UK so absolutely have to spend two weeks in the caribbean as one week is just too little for such a long flight. Oh well!

We loved everything about the AN beach (Sunset beach) at CSS as it is totally private (but for the occasional visitor by way of tourist boat or local boys running to the trees to do some fishing/gawking!). At CTI the island has no beach and is occasionally inaccessible due to rough seas. Your experience at CN precludes us from visiting, partly because it just isn't private enough. I know some will say that it really isn't an issue but when everyone is nekkid (like at SSB) then the embarrassment of not being 'a perfect 10' doesn't raise its ugly head. We are all in it together.

SSB has everything you need. Go straight from breakfast and make yourself comfortable for the rest of the day. There is a lovely swimming pool (with Grotto), swim up and stand up bar, grill to get your lunch and/or daytime snack, shower and WC (bathroom) facilities. Everything!

I sound like a promoter of Couple Sans Souci (maybe I should apply for that job!) but it really is a special place, as evidenced by the number who return and the family atmosphere that pervades. We love it! ry Sans Souci and make sure that you go to SSB on day one for sure!

Best regards,

Johnniem

T

Neither of us had ever even been to a C/O place before, but after viewing all of the Couples resorts, and deciding on CSS, I (the researcher) brought up the AN and it was clear that we were both interested and nervous...but we had 9 months to think it over.

Upon arriving at CSS, we had just enough time to grab a drink and dinner so we decided to visit the next morning (as all of these posts suggest) . We awoke early, and went first thing (before breakfast). It was empty and we picked a "hut" that was mid-distance between the pool area and the far end of SSB. Even with no one else there, it was still scary to strip off all of our clothes. We were slowly getting more comfortable but ended up leaving for breakfast before anyone else showed up. We returned to find only a pair of chairs by the pool that were in the shade which was good for my BF but bad for me since I get chilly. We eventually wondered over to the bar, but no one was very chatty and it was hard for me to come up with conversation topics while being nervous about being naked. Everyone from the forum praises the relaxed social scene at SSB but we tried it for 3 or 4 days and no one was very social, but we still enjoyed ourselves overall, just never got "hooked" like others. We actually met many more people on the textile side.

Also, I am expecting some flac for this statement, but I found the security guard to be a bit of an oggler and it made me uncomfortable although I tried to ignore it. And everyone seems to love the female bartender but I never even saw her smile?! We did manage to make friends with some of the other staff just not SSB.

The observations of the physical traits seem to be accurate - most are over 40, most are not perfect bodies, most are trimmed, etc. I do think that it is possible that I had very high expectations for the social scene of SSB from all the comments on this forum which can result in a greater disappointment.

All of this being said, we had the best vacation ever, and we are headed back this December, and, yes, we are going to try SSB again with a positive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryBerry View Post
    Neither of us had ever even been to a C/O place before, but after viewing all of the Couples resorts, and deciding on CSS, I (the researcher) brought up the AN and it was clear that we were both interested and nervous...but we had 9 months to think it over.

Upon arriving at CSS, we had just enough time to grab a drink and dinner so we decided to visit the next morning (as all of these posts suggest) . We awoke early, and went first thing (before breakfast). It was empty and we picked a "hut" that was mid-distance between the pool area and the far end of SSB. Even with no one else there, it was still scary to strip off all of our clothes. We were slowly getting more comfortable but ended up leaving for breakfast before anyone else showed up. We returned to find only a pair of chairs by the pool that were in the shade which was good for my BF but bad for me since I get chilly. We eventually wondered over to the bar, but no one was very chatty and it was hard for me to come up with conversation topics while being nervous about being naked. Everyone from the forum praises the relaxed social scene at SSB but we tried it for 3 or 4 days and no one was very social, but we still enjoyed ourselves overall, just never got "hooked" like others. We actually met many more people on the textile side.

Also, I am expecting some flac for this statement, but I found the security guard to be a bit of an oggler and it made me uncomfortable although I tried to ignore it. And everyone seems to love the female bartender but I never even saw her smile?! We did manage to make friends with some of the other staff just not SSB.

The observations of the physical traits seem to be accurate - most are over 40, most are not perfect bodies, most are trimmed, etc. I do think that it is possible that I had very high expectations for the social scene of SSB from all the comments on this forum which can result in a greater disappointment.

All of this being said, we had the best vacation ever, and we are headed back this December, and, yes, we are going to try SSB again with a positive attitude.

I agree with most of what you are saying. My wife is 29 and I am 30 and we seemed to be the youngest 'regulars' on SSB. We did not find the SSB pool to be very social either. We met more people at the main swim up pool as well.

The security guard while we were there was female and did not notice any gawking. She actually was reading a book the whole time.

We were thinking about going again in December but are too afraid about the weather. When we go to the Caribbean we like it to be at least in the mid to high 80s and prefer low 90s. April worked best for us.

Just got back from our first trip to CSS and the AN Beach. It was fantastic and everything everyone said it would be. We did as everyone suggested and and had some liquid encourgement the first day. We made our treck on over to SSB and were very comfortable and had a great time. Both the wife and I were very surprised with ourselves at how comfortable we were. Loved it and cannot wait for our next trip!!

Though I am thinking that we should try AN during a Couples trip at some point (we've been twice and will be returning on Friday to CN!), I'm still not sure...we might be daring enough, but we'll see. I have some reservations about it, and my husband has more, but reading about your experiences is helpful and could end up making us take the plunge, at least for one day.

By the way, Geaux Nekkid, are you an LSU Tiger fan by any chance? We're LSU Alumni, so anyone using "Geaux" in any way catches our attention!

Though I am thinking that we should try AN during a Couples trip at some point (we've been twice and will be returning on Friday to CN!), I'm still not sure...we might be daring enough, but we'll see. I have some reservations about it, and my husband has more, but reading about your experiences is helpful and could end up making us take the plunge, at least for one day.

By the way, Geaux Nekkid, are you an LSU Tiger fan by any chance? We're LSU Alumni, so anyone using "Geaux" in any way catches our attention!

Default What a great week!!!

johnny5
    This was our 4th trip to Jamaica,stay 10 /17 to 10/21, 2010 and we will never go anyplace else but Couples Sans Souci. We read all the reveiws and they are all on target. The worst thing I encountered was I had to leave! This place and it's staff is amazing. From planning the trip going with Air Jamaica and entering a totally friendly atmosphere at the resort it was first class. The average age range was from late 20's to 50's. We wanted to find a place where we fit in and trust me it was also on everyone else's mind. Looking to meet other couples--yes couples no singles-- to enjoy the beach, pool, dinners and nite life. The activites run by Keriayn were fun and got everybody involved. My wife said she did not know if she could do the Sunset Beach Side [ au natural side], but we would see once we got down there. Well we lasted on the regular beach all of about an hour. Spent the next 5 days on SSB. What a time we had with Francine the bartender and Lance the cook in charge of the food at the pool.I truely feel we have met a couple of friends for life. All the women talked of the same concerns and all felt very comfortable after about 15 minutes. My advice to husbands and boyfrineds---don't push it. Let the women move on their own timetable and they will surprise you, they need to feel comfortable. No pretenses, no games and no gawking as far as I could see. Total respect for everybody. Converstaions abounded around the pool and bar and jacuzzi. And there were quite a few returning guests who more or less filled you in on how people to handle things. I know a lot of people get the wrong idea and think it's kinky but you are wrong. Quite the contrary, conversations abounded about sports, politics,family,jobs and the fact we found it so easy to talk to each other. We figured it takes a special kind of outgoing person to just say go for it and the results are very liberating. Most said they now have problems going to the beach with a suit on anymore.In fact you really are not allowed to Sunset Beach without your spouse or partner. You are there with the person you want to be with to meet and talk with other people. We met more sincere, interesting people on this trip in one week then we have in the last 5 trips we have taken. Food was great at the 2 main dining rooms. Whatever you wanted on the menu in any portions was fine. Very friending staff throughout the resort. Best rooms for accessability are A and B block. The others are nice but they involve a little more walking and steps. Did a couples message which was quite relaxing. Tuesday nite beach party with the steel bad was the best I ever seen in my life. I would definitly recommend this place. We are heading back again next year with some of the same couples.Going back this Oct. 2011 with another couple we met - Kevin and Tammy--and we will do it again!

I thought I might take this opportunity to push this thread to the top again by announcing that I have just booked to return 'home' to CSS on 26th November for a full two week holiday away from what I expect to be a cold and grey UK. See you all at SSB on 27th November! I can only hope that the weather provides a lot more actual sun than it did in November last year! Too cloudy for my liking but because we were on SSB at CSS it somehow didn't seem to matter!

No feedback for over two months! Looks like we have probably done the job of reassuring folk out there that AN is really not a big issue! See you at CSS/SSB on 27th November for two weeks of glorious holidaying!

I just came back from a split vacation, 4 nights at CSS and then 7 nights at CN. I had listed my name on the CSS get to know you board in advance. My husband and I first went to SS Beach after 5 to have a glass of champagne and get comfortable with the beach. Immediately people started introducing themselves and made us feel very welcome. Ok now there was no turning back. They all said glad to meet you, see you tomorrow.

I was extremely nervous and did like everyone says, and sat naked with my husband all by ourselves on the beach. There were a lot of kids playing across the river, and occasional people walking by the beach that made me really uncomfortable, but I just had to get over it. We went swimming with our floaties (thank Goodness for floaties) and that was great. Then it was lunch time. Everyone wrapped up in a towel and ate lunch together. I was so relieved to see everyone wrapped up and eating together, so we started socializing. By the end of the day I was more comfortable to walk around naked and talk to people. Every time a wave of self consciousness hit me and i would say to myself, OMG your walking around naked, I just had to tell myself to be quiet and I was fine. We had 4 wonderful days of lying in the sun naked, swimming and socializing. We met some really great people. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

We then moved on to CN. It was totally different there. There was only about 4-6 couples at a time, and everyone kept to themselves and just read. We just hung out under a tree and read. By this time I was way more comfortable, so the people walking by did not really bother me. We used our floaties again to enter and leave the water, and it was so easy to swim at CN. No water shoes, just walk right in. We loved both places for different reasons. We both had a very positive experience, and I think my husband was very proud of me, knowing how shy I am. It was such a freeing experience just being me. I wore no make up during the day (which I usualy always did), and I just felt like take me like I am. I have always been self conscious because I am small, but now I don't care so much.

Hey grayturtles sounds like you guys had a blast at both resorts, maybe see you next August

Doc & Spile

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    I just came back from a split vacation, 4 nights at CSS and then 7 nights at CN. I had listed my name on the CSS get to know you board in advance. My husband and I first went to SS Beach after 5 to have a glass of champagne and get comfortable with the beach. Immediately people started introducing themselves and made us feel very welcome. Ok now there was no turning back. They all said glad to meet you, see you tomorrow.

I was extremely nervous and did like everyone says, and sat naked with my husband all by ourselves on the beach. There were a lot of kids playing across the river, and occasional people walking by the beach that made me really uncomfortable, but I just had to get over it. We went swimming with our floaties (thank Goodness for floaties) and that was great. Then it was lunch time. Everyone wrapped up in a towel and ate lunch together. I was so relieved to see everyone wrapped up and eating together, so we started socializing. By the end of the day I was more comfortable to walk around naked and talk to people. Every time a wave of self consciousness hit me and i would say to myself, OMG your walking around naked, I just had to tell myself to be quiet and I was fine. We had 4 wonderful days of lying in the sun naked, swimming and socializing. We met some really great people. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

We then moved on to CN. It was totally different there. There was only about 4-6 couples at a time, and everyone kept to themselves and just read. We just hung out under a tree and read. By this time I was way more comfortable, so the people walking by did not really bother me. We used our floaties again to enter and leave the water, and it was so easy to swim at CN. No water shoes, just walk right in. We loved both places for different reasons. We both had a very positive experience, and I think my husband was very proud of me, knowing how shy I am. It was such a freeing experience just being me. I wore no make up during the day (which I usualy always did), and I just felt like take me like I am. I have always been self conscious because I am small, but now I don't care so much.
    I'm so glad you guys had a good time!

I loved reading other's experience so I want to share ours...

We just returned from a week at CSS and our first full exposure to au naturel (we briefly tried c/o at an S resort in Negril). I was a willing participant but my wife was not "big" on the idea. We arrived in the afternoon and we made sure to check out SSB after 5pm to get a lay of the land with our clothes on. We figured we would come back the next day and stay near the water on the right had side the next day.

The next morning, we arrived at SSB early (about 8am). However, to my wife's dismay, another couple had arrived before us and were in that vicinity. To make matters worse, it was the couple we shared a shuttle with from the airport to the resort the previous day! Needless to say this freaked out my wife more as someone we had already spoken too, and knew our names, might see us naked.

As such, we decided to take up a spot all the way to the left of the beach, just about 20 feet from the bar area. I was surprised my wife was willing to be so close to the pool and bar area. Once we set up our chairs, I quickly removed my shorts and laid down. My wife kept stalling by searching for shells near the area. Finally, she took off her top (she has gone topless many times and was not at all concerned to do that). She said she wanted to keep her bottoms on but I explained how that was not allowed. She finally pulled those off and said she would just lay there without getting up. I assured her I would go get any drinks and we could dress and leave if she needed to use the rest room.

So we enjoyed the sun for an hour or so and then she needed to use the rest room. To my surprise, she said she was going to the rest room. She wanted to put on her bottoms but I told her it would be frowned upon. So before I even did my first "walk" in the nude, she got up and walked over to the pool area. It was still early and only the bar tender was there setting up (no other guests at the pool yet).

While she was in there, the husband of the other couple came up to the bar to get some water (although he was wrapping his towel around himself). I knew this might create a funny scenario for my wife. I saw her start to leave the ladies room and immediately turn back around and shut the door when she saw him waiting at the bar. I had to laugh. She kept peeking out until he left before she would walk back. On her way back, she stopped to speak to the bartender (a female) to ask if she could wear bottoms. Thankfully the bartender said no

So she came back and laid out and told me what had happened when she tried to come out. I told her I saw it unfold and was enjoying the entire scene . We laid for another hour or so and the pool began to get some visitors. By this time, I was ready to order a drink and use the restroom. My wife tried to convince me not to but I had to show her it was no big deal. I placed a drink order and proceeded to the restroom. On the way back, I spoke with the bartender and she asked my name and my wife's name (just some small talk). When I got back to our spot, she couldn't believe I stood there naked in front of the bartender and chatted with her.

To further show there is little to be worried about, I made sure to walk past the pool to clean my feet in the shower area. I was trying to show confidence so she would build up some. We spent the rest of the morning in that area and my wife did not get up much until we left for lunch.

We came back later that afternoon to get some more sun. Our spot was still there so we made ourselves comfortable. By this time, most guests were at the pool. The other couple left so the beach was somewhat empty. My wife suggested we go out in the water and float (I was surprised). So we walked out there with our floaties and proceeded to float for an hour to close out our day. I could tell she was getting more comfortable with being nude.

The next day, we arrived again pretty early to take up our spot. My wife was able to get up and walk to the bathroom fairly comfortably this day. At one point, as the bar was opening, we got up together to walk to the restrooms. I came out first and proceeded to jump in the pool to order a drink. When she came out, she saw my in the pool and motioned for me to get out. I asked her to join me and she did somewhat reluctantly since the pool area was still pretty empty. We enjoyed a drink in the pool. As we did, others arrived and jumped in the pool. My wife wanted to high-tail it out of there but another couple engaged us in conversation so were trapped (gladly on my part). We ended up talking to the couple for 20 minutes or so until my wife really wanted to leave. We exited out around the grotto and made our way back to our chairs on the beach.

Each day we went out to our spot and I was eventually able to get her to hang out in the pool and socialize to a certain degree. We even played trivia one afternoon in the pool. The folks we met actually traveled to Tower Isle on the same day and we went to the Island as a group. My wife still liked some seclusion but was more willing each day to hang out in the pools or near others.

While I am not sure she will ever be a complete convert to au naturel, she definitely showed willingness and became comfortable with it. I doubt I can get her to admit she liked it but by the end of the week, when we said we were going to get some sun, she never tried to convince me to use the main beach. We always just walked to SSB.

All in all, we had a great time and we met some wonderful people. It was a great vacation and we will be back. I take it as a good sign when my wife said, "we can't be doing this each year." That means she is open to it again, just not each time we go away
    Cheers

Great story, thanks for sharing.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Hi everyone, Just got back from CSS about a month ago and it was our first trip to Couples. I had read a lot of the posts on here about SSB so I knew that we should go on our first day to get used to it right away. While I was still a little nervous about it my husband reminded me that we had agreed to try it and if we weren't comfortable we could leave. The first day we went quite late because of our arrival time but we ended up spending about an hour lounging in the shallow end of the pool. The earth kept spinning and I didn't die of embarassment. The next morning we went back but this time straight to the bar area and like so many others here it ended up being the best vacation ever. The people we met, both guests and staff were amazing. No one made us feel uncomfortable or self conscious. It was one of the most liberating experiences I've ever had and I couldn't figure out why I'd been so nervous about going au naturel.
    We will go back home to CSS and we'll definitely spend the majority of our time at SSB hopefully with old friends and some new. Till next time

Hi all, we just got back last week from our first vacation at CN. Actually, this trip was a first for a lot of new things including the AN beach. Like many others I've read about when we first book our vacation we joked around about being AN but never really thought we would do it. Well, we spent the first full day on the textile part of the beach down close to the AN end and got to noticing how friendly everybody was and imagined how good it would feel to swim all natural in the warm water. So late that night we went to the hot tub to give it a try thinking we would be the only ones there. Well..we wasn't alone but after going past the point of no return and tried it anyway. Needless to say we loved it! We went back the next morning found a spot in the shade and put out our towels and disrobed like we know what we were doing. We was a little nervous at first but within a few minutes a very nice couple started talking to us and to our surprise all the nervousness went away. A little later this couple introduced us to another couple which introduced us to another and so fourth. We had the most wonderful time and never went back to the textile side again. You truly do meet the nicest, friendliest and truly good people there. We feel like we made good friends and look forward to meeting up with them again next year. I hope the couples we met read this because I'd like to thank them for helping make our first trip to Jamaica so amazing. I really thought this would be a one time vacation but now that we've been there there's no way could not go back. We're already in the process of making reservations for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenton View Post
    We had our first AN experience on SSB in August. We didn't post a question thread before going, but we read nearly all the threads here. Without this forum we would NEVER have tried it, but even with the reassurance we were a bit nervous.

We arrived at CSS in the late afternoon on our first day, got unpacked, tried the textile pool, and had dinner. Then, that night, we decided to head down to SSB after dark just to see what its like. It was empty, so we got to try out the pool/hot tub in private. I think that helped a lot.

The next morning we headed over right after breakfast (the forum advice is do it early in your trip or you'll regret it so we did). The plan was, if we felt uncomfortable, we would leave. We sat on lounge chairs on the beach and it was fantastic. Then we got "brave" and headed out in the ocean.

Later we got even braver and went to the pool bar for a drink. We ended up chatting with a few people as we waited - our poor beach lounge chairs spent the rest of the day alone.....

From our experience on both sides of the resort (at least the week we were there) the social atmosphere at SSB was more laid back, friendly, and non-judgmental (certainly not awkward or sexual). We spent almost all of our time there. We liked CSS but we loved SSB. That is what will make us Couples repeaters. We plan to go back next summer and book beach front rooms to be as close to SSB as possible.

But, a word of warning, you may develop a strong aversion to the feeling of wet swimming suits .

PS - We did a CTI day trip with some of our new friends from SSB. It was a lot of fun.
    I just wanted to relay my story. I had originally posted this a couple years back

Originally Posted by Smithl1028
    I just wanted to reply to this one. Last December 2008 my husband and I traveled to CSS with three other couples (one couple was his sister and brother in law) We all agreed that no one was going to the "Nude Side" Well we lied...

My hubby kept testing me and asked if I wanted to go to the nude beach. He was a bit surprised when I said "ok lets go" so we snuck off one afternoon while the others were on the regular beach, he kept thinking I would get half way there and turn around... I am not a perfect body and quite heavy so I have always been very self conscious of my body. I agreed to go if we could just slither onto the beach and find a place off to the side to hide. We did just that. Two minutes after we got there he wanted to parade up to the bar for a drink... I couldn't bring myself to get off the lounge so I watched him walk away, admiring him really for his guts. While he was gone... the Conga line started and was headed right in my direction. I was dying, praying they would turn around, they did, then the guy next to me started up a conversation with me which was equally uncomfortable for me.(don't talke to me, I'm nude) LOL. I didn't get up to Pee the whole time and believe me I was in a lot of pain. But you know what? in the end, it was a great experience, and I am glad we went. We are going back to CSS Sept 5-10 2009 cant wait and we will spend the entire time at the AU Naturel Beach. It really did help me to lose my inhibitions. I hope not to hide off to the side this time.

Go have fun enjoy...

So to add to my story, since were going back in September we decided to go to a nude campground here at home to start tanning for our vacation. It was great. We lounged around in the water almost all day and had a picnic lunch on the beach. I am really not minding this at all. Now I am wicked excited to go to CSS in Sept

Update from our trip in Sept, we headed directly to the SSB, we didn't even stop at the room first. We spent the entire vacation at the pool. We met lots of people and laughed alot. I don't think we had clothing on for a total of 8 hours the whole vacation which included the drive from and to the airport.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast