Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    There is no need to feel 'uncomfortable' on an A/N beach as the people there are more likely to know and remember the colour of your eyes and the warmth of your personality rather than the shape and size (or in some cases the lack of it) of your body. Whereas on a clothed beach its easy to prejudge someone by the type of swim wear they have on. I first did A/N in my early 20s and now am in my mid 50s and so have experienced being both young looking with a 'thin(ish)' body and also being a lot larger and older on the AN beaches and besides the 30 years between my first and last visits I can't say I find my experiences basically any different now than all those years ago with the exception that the people on the beach/pool with me and my wife are generally a lot older than those who did it in the 80s which I think suggests in years to come when us oldies have moved 'upstairs' then A/N beaches may start to die out as there seems a lot less of the younger generation going for an all over tan these days.
    Falcon, you speak much sense but I don't agree that the youngsters are bowing out. I suspect it may always have been the case in North America but it certainly isn't (and never has been) in Europe. We are (mostly) less averse to nudity and sex than you are in America. We allow swearing on our TV shows (after certain hours) and it is sometimes so painful to see the shock on Hollywood stars faces when they come to a chat show here (UK) and some British guest drops the 'F' bomb three times in one sentence! I'm not saying either way is right or wrong but Europe has been more acceptable to racy things for many, many decades.

I did a bit of nudie sunbathing in my twenties, again in my forties and the last three times I have been to CSS (in my early fifties). My wife was a first timer at SSB and for the first year was less comfortable with it than I. Now it is a 'given' that we will park ourselves there on day one, not moving until day 14. You are right, the age range is definitely higher but I think that this changes with time and all those youngsters that are in their twenties and think it is 'gross' to disrobe in front of anyone other than their lover and their doctor will mature to see that this is actually OK and just because we want an all over tan does not mean we are pervs! And definitely does not mean that we want to perve over other peoples partners. When we mature I think we get to a different place, partly because we can look at ourselves and accept that we are not perfect any more. We have aches and pains and limited energy. What does a youngster need with lying down for two weeks? They need to be windsurfing, water skiing, sailing and such like. Their time will come, much as ours did, with the realisation that the naked body is not what makes the person who they are (unless they are body dismorphic of course!). I firmly believe that that particular psychosis could be dealt with by a forced two week relaxation on SSB! Kbommp says it all so succinctly!

All the best.

In my opinion the people who go to the A/N beach do not go to impress anyone. They go to enjoy the total feeling of freedom that comes with sunbathing and swimming without clothes. Not to have a soggy swimsuit clinging to your body after swimming is such a great feeling. Most people who go to the A/N beach are comfortable with their own body and do not even consider what anyone else may think. My wife and me first went to an A/N beach in our 30's and now that we are in our 70's we still get the same pleasure. Also over the years we have met many wonderful people on A/N beaches and are still in contact with some of them after a long time. Get rid of the hang-ups as well as the clothes and you will have a wonderful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieR322 View Post
    What a great response, thank you! The funny thing about me, is that I will have no issues with anyone else there, no judgement about anyone's body, but I judge myself brutally. So the more I thought about this, the more I have decided I am GOING FOR IT. I'm getting out of my comfort zone in a huge way. I'm starting a new life with this new marriage...might as well dive right in to other new things as well right?!?!?!
    AWESOME!!! Great decision!! I promise you will NOT regret it!!!

Default Better Late than Never

In 2011 we took our first trip to Couples Negril. Before we went we discussed the AN beach and the Mrs said "We will see". That left some opening. The first night we were at the resort we went down to the AN hot tub. The tub was empty and she said "can we leave our suits on?". I said that we shouldn't as it was the AN tub and besides it was dark. Over the next few days I mentioned going to the beach again during the day and she gave me the "maybe later". We did visit again at night and had the tub to our selves. Then one night we got to the tub and there were two other couples in it. She got ready to turn away and one couple said to come on in. We talked to them all for while and they noted not seeing us on the AN beach during the day. She just said she wasn't ready for that and they were all good with that. As has been said, no judgments.

Then it got to our last day, after some liquid encouragement she says "well we better go" and heads toward the AN beach. We spend the remainder of our the day there. This past year we made our second trip to CN. This trip went a little different. On the first day after dropping our bags on the chair she was ready to hit the AN beach. The afternoon on the last day of our prior trip had convinced her that we really needed to go earlier in the trip. On this trip we spent most mornings on the Textile beach until the 11:00 am volleyball was done then we spent each afternoon on the AN beach meeting wonderful people who really are not judgmental. We had lots of fun talking to people in the hot tub, at the bar, on the beach and in the ocean.

All in all, definitely have to agree with those who recommend trying early in the trip. If its not for you, you will know. While we were there this past fall, two couples came over for their "trial". They came via the ocean and took off their suits in the water and then crossed the rope. They were very nice, however one of the wives never really got comfortable and so that couple didn't come back, however the other couple did for a few days. We talked to both couples at the bars and dinner and they were really great but the AN beach was just not for the one wife.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, CN 2013

What a great response, thank you! The funny thing about me, is that I will have no issues with anyone else there, no judgement about anyone's body, but I judge myself brutally. So the more I thought about this, the more I have decided I am GOING FOR IT. I'm getting out of my comfort zone in a huge way. I'm starting a new life with this new marriage...might as well dive right in to other new things as well right?!?!?!
    JulieR322 It may be hard for you or anyone else in your shoes to realize that in some mysterious way getting naked in front of a bunch of strangers can actually help your self esteem. I think you will find this true after a short while. Your going to love it.

Falcon, you speak much sense but I don't agree that the youngsters are bowing out. I suspect it may always have been the case in North America but it certainly isn't (and never has been) in Europe. We are (mostly) less averse to nudity and sex than you are in America.
    Murtle - I had to laugh this morning whilst reading your comments on a AN thread where we have talked about people who frequent normal beaches pre-judging others unlike those who use AN who don't prejudge that you actually have pre-judged me and decided I am North American as nothing could be further from the truth as I am English born and bred. I do get your point though about your 'mind set' changes as you get older but my observations were based on my experiences of numerous nudist beaches in Europe when as a younger person in the 80s we tended to be surrounded by people of the same age (yes there were also older ones there) compared with recent experiences where there seem a lot less younger people.

Thank you! I'm going to do it. I AM GOING TO DO IT. I'm committing to it in front of everyone! LOL Truth be told, I'm actually kind of excited about it....

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    JulieR322 It may be hard for you or anyone else in your shoes to realize that in some mysterious way getting naked in front of a bunch of strangers can actually help your self esteem. I think you will find this true after a short while. Your going to love it.
    Julie & Michael
    Honeymooning at CSS 11/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Murtle - I had to laugh this morning whilst reading your comments on a AN thread where we have talked about people who frequent normal beaches pre-judging others unlike those who use AN who don't prejudge that you actually have pre-judged me and decided I am North American as nothing could be further from the truth as I am English born and bred. I do get your point though about your 'mind set' changes as you get older but my observations were based on my experiences of numerous nudist beaches in Europe when as a younger person in the 80s we tended to be surrounded by people of the same age (yes there were also older ones there) compared with recent experiences where there seem a lot less younger people.
    Oh deary me Falcon, that'll teach me to not research profiles before I post! Liek minded Brits! I like it! Made good friends with a British couple of SSB last June (though they have lived in Boston for years). It is kind of liberating to be comfy naked in front of fellow Brits. Perhaps, one day, we shall buy you a drink on SSB?! We don't do the AN thing at home. It's a bit like drinking Pernod, or Pastis, when you are somewhere other than in France, it just seems odd. Dip one's toes into the Med on the south coast and and it all seems perfectly normal! Have a good day!

Thank you! I'm going to do it. I AM GOING TO DO IT. I'm committing to it in front of everyone! LOL Truth be told, I'm actually kind of excited about it....
    JulieR322, that is such fantastic news! You will be astounded in the change in your attitude to nudity and the boost to your self esteem. I would urge you to revisit this thread and let us know how the experience was for you and your SO. Excited? I'm not surprised! We would be too. Enjoy every second of it and don't expect to be wearing swimsuits on any future holidays as I can make the reasonable assumption that the AN thing will be one of the first 'requirements' of any holiday from now on. Keep in touch with us!

JulieR322, I am so happy your are "GOING TO DO IT!" You may be amazed at how confortable you will feel! If you decide it is not for you, you will atleast be glad you tried. I am a rounder girl and find that I feel much more comfortable A/N than at a textile beach with my swimsuit stuck to my butt! You will find that A/N folks are much friendlier and more welcoming. You will also love CSS! It is quiet, beautiful and romantic. Our most recent visit to CSS was in October 2013...we had been there for many days never leaving SSB. One day a young couple came to the beach and I could see that the young woman was VERY uncomfortable for the first few minutes....as she got in the pool, everyone welcomed her and suggested drinks for her to try. Within 15 minutes, she was at ease and laughing and even joined a bocce ball game on the beach! I was wonderful to see her become so comfortable so quickly. Unfortunately for her, they waited until their last day to try it. Be sure to try A/N early in your stay!!! Have fun, take a deep breath, look at the beauty of CSS and relax and enjoy!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

After reading all the posts on people's experiences trying out the AN section on SSB, we are going to give it a go. At 52 and 48, my fiance and I are well past our prime. We're excited about experiencing the feeling of freedom, openness and comfort that seems to exist by letting it "all hang out". Look for us Feb 8-15th. We'll be the shy ones sporting a Canadian bandana and a new sun hat... and little else!
    Truly looking forward to new friends and a new feeling of "This is us"
    S&G

We went to CSS in Feb 2013 for the first time. We promised each other on the way there, that we would try SSB and see how we felt. We were hooked within the first hour, LOVED IT! The people were so open and friendly, just genuine people having a great vacation. We did try the clothed pool, a day or so later because at age 40 I was bound and determined to wear a thong bathing suit at least once. Well, let me tell you...how uncomfortable!!! After being on SSB and having no one judge or gawk, to being at the other pool in a thong....VERY uncomfortable! Now, I certainly expected some of that but comparing the two beaches/pools, we headed back to SSB every other day and loved it. We will be headed there in Oct/Nov 2014 and we can't wait. Oh- and I am leaving my thong at home...no need for it!

There was never any doubt that my husband would want to try A/N but he was actually surprised that I went through with it. We just returned home from CSS and here is how our A/N experience went:

We went down to SSB on our first full day there. It was fairly early - I think around 8:30 - and it didn't seem like many loungers were taken (I didn't want to look around too closely!) We found loungers under a hut to the far right, interestingly enough in plain view of the sidewalk that goes around the pond, but it still felt "safer" to me than going in any further. We disrobed and quickly laid down. We are a bit restless and have trouble sitting still for long, but I wasn't ready to venture over to the pool yet. We saw a woman standing by the water on the beach and for some reason that helped me overcome my apprehension enough that I was ready to at least walk down to the water. We stayed over to our side and walked around at the water's edge, looking for shells. The hermit crabs did a great job of entertaining me and helping me forget that I was A/N in public. Before long we headed for the restrooms and to see what the pool looked like. It wasn't long before we were at the swim up bar and meeting people. It's true what people have been saying about A/N enthusiasts - very friendly and laid back people. We felt welcome and comfortable at SSB and spent the rest of the week hanging out around the pool, talking to people and making new friends. The most difficult part is going to be NOT telling people at home about this experience! Funny story, though... one fear I had was seeing someone I knew on the A/N side - as it turns out, we met a couple who used to live in the exact same town we live in and still live fairly close to us! I'm pretty sure they will keep our secret though :-)

If you were there Feb 2-8, thanks for being so nice to us! We had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by guelphcouple View Post
    After reading all the posts on people's experiences trying out the AN section on SSB, we are going to give it a go. At 52 and 48, my fiance and I are well past our prime. We're excited about experiencing the feeling of freedom, openness and comfort that seems to exist by letting it "all hang out". Look for us Feb 8-15th. We'll be the shy ones sporting a Canadian bandana and a new sun hat... and little else!
    Truly looking forward to new friends and a new feeling of "This is us"
    S&G
    I hope you had a fantastic experience at SSB quelphcouple. Whatever your experiences please feel free to write up a brief resume of your first trip that involved AN. ANy feedback will undoubtedly be great for others, whether it is an affirmation that there really is no biggie with getting your kit off in public or that it really didn't suit you and your SO. If it didn't then I am sorry but at least you tried. If it did suit you then let's hear why.

Many thanks. Irie.

Quote Originally Posted by ggirl40 View Post
    The most difficult part is going to be NOT telling people at home about this experience! Funny story, though... one fear I had was seeing someone I knew on the A/N side - as it turns out, we met a couple who used to live in the exact same town we live in and still live fairly close to us! I'm pretty sure they will keep our secret though :-)
    I have a GREAT STORY about this. My wife and I were at CTI in 2010. We were out on the island talking with a lot of different people. I work for a radio station back home, and we found out that a comedian that regularly comes to town and visits our morning show was there on his honeymoon. So there we are carrying on a conversation on the island. (He has since come back through the area and we told about this story on the air - free radio pub for Couples in Omaha). BUT WAIT ... IT GETS BETTER!! During that exact same conversation, a guy overhears that I work in radio at home. It turns out that not only is he from my hometown, but he is also the ex-husband of a co-worker of mine! Yeah ... weird.
    KBD

Kristin and Brian

Kbd, that must have been an interesting broadcast! Did you get calls from fellow Couples enthusiasts afterward?

Default Great A/N Helper

This is a great post; full of encouraging words.

Quote Originally Posted by kbd View Post
    free radio pub for Couples in Omaha
    Ok, got to ask, what Omaha radio Station? (says someone with an office zip code of 68154)

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, CN 2013

Bump

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7