Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1

    Default Fit wife, overweight husband

    My future wife and I have been searching for a honeymoon and we came across Couples Resorts. She always wanted to go to a nude beach, but I was always too embarrassed because I have become overweight and have gynecomastia (increased fat in male breast tissue that may similarly look like female breasts). I understand that at an au natural beach, you are with your mate and no one "looks" but yes, I am self conscious but at the same time want to share the experience with my fiancé. I have been dreading it for the a while now. A couple of questions....Can I wear a shirt or a tank top at the au natural beach without getting in trouble? Also, are there other "overweight" people who have the same problem and would like to share their experience? Lastly, which is the best Couples Resorts to go to for a young 30 year old couple?

  2. #2

    Default

    This question comes up often, but usually it's flipped around. The wife is wanting to wear some sort of cover up due to shyness or other factors. Trust me when I say that you will draw more attention to yourself if you are wearing anything while everyone else is not. You will also feel more self conscious wearing something when nobody else is.

    People at Couples' AN beaches (and really at any nudist/naturist location) tend to be some of the nicest people you will ever meet. As you stated, everyone is there with their significant other. Do people notice others? Of course; it's human nature. However you won't find people that judge you. My wife and I are not "Ken & Barbie" by any stretch of the imagination. We have been to Nudist campgrounds here in the US and to Sunset Beach at Couples Sans Souci. We never felt we didn't fit in or that others were judging us for our size. You will have ZERO problem fitting in.

    Lastly, sounds like you have a great future wife. Make her happy! Take her to a nude beach, you'll become addicted! Enjoy the fact that YOUR wife (since it will be your honeymoon) is naked with you! Take pride in knowing that she chose you. As long as you two make each other happy, no worries about anyone else!

    As for resorts, I'm honestly going to say I'm biased and LOVE CSS!!! Here's the process we went through to decide:
    1. Negril side has only one nude beach, at Couples Negril. Swept Away allows topless, but no full nude.
    2. Beaches on the Negril side of the island are pretty much all "public". You can be laying out naked and people from all neighboring resorts can (and will) walk by an look. I'd imagine it's a similar feeling animals have at the zoo. (LOL) You'll even have children walking the beaches there, so that adds another issue.
    3. Couples Tower Island has it's own private island for AN use. That's the plus.
    4. Couples Tower Island only has an island for AN use. That's a negative. (very subtle difference, see below)
    5. The Island is only open during specific hours and will close due to rough seas (due to the shuttle boat)
    6. Sans Souci has a beach separated from the main beach by a peninsula for AN. (HUGE plus)
    7. Sans Souci's Sunset Beach (SSB) and AN pool/hot tub NEVER closes!

    As far as the rest of the resort property, we really love the feeling of CSS. Even at full capacity the resort seems "empty". You aren't running into large crowds of people. Makes for a more intimate experience. The staff at CSS are SUPERB, ask anyone that has been. By no means take my suggestion on resorts and make your final decision. Do your research. Listen to other people's explanation on why they chose a specific resort.

    Relax mon! No worries!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15




  3. #3

    Default

    Shirt - No. This area is not clothing optional or partial clothes. You may receive a visit from security if you hang around the AN area with clothes on for too long. Sorry.

    We are not all Barbie and Ken. You will see all shapes and sizes. As it has been said many times here, people won't stare. About the only time people might stare is if you try and cheat and cover yourself up. Attempting to wear clothes or cover yourself in the AN area will attract attention.

    Best resort? In no particular order. Couples Swept Away, Couples Negril, Couples Tower Isle, and Couples Sans Souci. All are equally nice. However Swept Away does not have any AN areas.

    Our only AN experience was at the island at Tower Isle. What I liked about this is that it is more isolated than the AN areas at the other resorts. The only way to get to the AN area is via a shuttle (pontoon boat). We are not young anymore and are definitely not fit. My suggestion. Give it a try. You do not need to strip immediately but should shortly after you are at the AN area. For us, we found an area away from other people. We got settled then stripped. For both of us, it was weird at first. But it didn't take long and we were more comfortable. We were away from other couples so in our minds, it was just the two of us. If it gets too uncomfortable, simply put on your clothes and leave. But you should really give it an honest chance, at least an hour. Something from our experience. The second time is much easier and it gets easier every time.

    Look at it this way. Chances are very good you will never see any of these people again. Get out of your comfort zone and do something you would never do at home.

    Only 311 more days until we return to paradise.
    Last edited by Mad Jack; April 8th, 2015 at 01:33 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    If you looking for a AN experience San Souci is the place; Sunset Beach (SSB) is the AN facility. Pool, swim up bar, beach, grill/lunch facilities and a lot of fun.
    Please grab a cocktail or two and read this, it describes hundreds of situations, where people went to and AN facility for the first time. ...http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...Your-vacation?

    There will be many shapes and sizes at SSB, no one is looking at you..in fact, you'd draw more attention to yourself trying to cover up, rather than just walking around naked. I have a 14" scar running down my chest from surgery...so what. no one cares, it's about relaxing in the sun, naked.

  5. #5

    Default

    The A/N areas at the 3 Couples Resorts that have A/N are all nude so you would not be able to wear a shirt or tank top; however, no one is going to be judging you! At CSS if you are self conscious, once you enter the A/N area head to the right side of the beach and grab two loungers or a palapa take your suits off, sit down and relax and enjoy the beauty of Sunset Beach. Check out the posts from people who have shared their first experiences at Couples' A/N areas on this page. They were nervous too at first, but the nervousness soon fades away!

  6. #6

    Default

    Sorry no shirt (or anything) allowed on the nude beach. But don't sweat it. I can almost guarantee you will not find any super fit model types at the A/N beach. Just normal people without their clothes. I thought I would have the worst body on the beach and I wasn't even in the bottom 10. Suck it up and go. After about the first half hour you will forget all the fears you thought you would have. Nobody judges.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

  7. #7

    Default

    if you go to the a/n beach you must be nude

    I would pick CSS or CTI if you want to try a/n, the a/n area at CN is the least private of the (3). It is just a section of the main beach divided by hedges on 3 sides, plenty of people walking by at the ocean and looking.

    CSA does not have a/n area.

  8. #8

    Default #7 Question

    Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    This question comes up often, but usually it's flipped around. The wife is wanting to wear some sort of cover up due to shyness or other factors. Trust me when I say that you will draw more attention to yourself if you are wearing anything while everyone else is not. You will also feel more self conscious wearing something when nobody else is.

    People at Couples' AN beaches (and really at any nudist/naturist location) tend to be some of the nicest people you will ever meet. As you stated, everyone is there with their significant other. Do people notice others? Of course; it's human nature. However you won't find people that judge you. My wife and I are not "Ken & Barbie" by any stretch of the imagination. We have been to Nudist campgrounds here in the US and to Sunset Beach at Couples Sans Souci. We never felt we didn't fit in or that others were judging us for our size. You will have ZERO problem fitting in.

    Lastly, sounds like you have a great future wife. Make her happy! Take her to a nude beach, you'll become addicted! Enjoy the fact that YOUR wife (since it will be your honeymoon) is naked with you! Take pride in knowing that she chose you. As long as you two make each other happy, no worries about anyone else!

    As for resorts, I'm honestly going to say I'm biased and LOVE CSS!!! Here's the process we went through to decide:
    1. Negril side has only one nude beach, at Couples Negril. Swept Away allows topless, but no full nude.
    2. Beaches on the Negril side of the island are pretty much all "public". You can be laying out naked and people from all neighboring resorts can (and will) walk by an look. I'd imagine it's a similar feeling animals have at the zoo. (LOL) You'll even have children walking the beaches there, so that adds another issue.
    3. Couples Tower Island has it's own private island for AN use. That's the plus.
    4. Couples Tower Island only has an island for AN use. That's a negative. (very subtle difference, see below)
    5. The Island is only open during specific hours and will close due to rough seas (due to the shuttle boat)
    6. Sans Souci has a beach separated from the main beach by a peninsula for AN. (HUGE plus)
    7. Sans Souci's Sunset Beach (SSB) and AN pool/hot tub NEVER closes!

    As far as the rest of the resort property, we really love the feeling of CSS. Even at full capacity the resort seems "empty". You aren't running into large crowds of people. Makes for a more intimate experience. The staff at CSS are SUPERB, ask anyone that has been. By no means take my suggestion on resorts and make your final decision. Do your research. Listen to other people's explanation on why they chose a specific resort.

    Relax mon! No worries!
    If the pool and hot tub on SSB never close are they always AN?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live2ski View Post
    If the pool and hot tub on SSB never close are they always AN?
    After 5 (or 6 depending on time of year) they would become clothing optional, just like the beach so that people can come over to see the sunset. We never saw anyone with suits go over to the pool or hot tub but I guess there would be nothing to stop them.

    Also, on the Gala night and the Beach party night, there is an after party on SSB that is clothed.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live2ski View Post
    If the pool and hot tub on SSB never close are they always AN?
    Yes....with a couple exceptions. They have an "after party" at the SSB pool one or two nights a week. During those times, AN is not allowed. However, I did hear rumors of a rowdy group that did a pool/hot tub AN crawl during one of these nights.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13
    CSS 4/12-4/24/15




  11. #11

    Default

    I'm not sure anyone one would notice...and I am positive that if anyone did, they really wouldn't care, and I have 30+ days at SSB to back up that statement.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live2ski View Post
    If the pool and hot tub on SSB never close are they always AN?
    Yes, except the night they hold the beach party on SSB, the pool & hot tub are AN. We have been there at 5pm, when clothed people come over for sunset, we are all naked...they get a drink, walk around...go in the hot tub (with naked people)...I don't understand the point of it all.

  13. #13

    Default

    Seriously people?

    papi0755 I grew up overweight, starting in elementary school, and was always the boy wearing the t-shirt to the pool. And I'm old enough that there weren't many fat kids back then.

    The purpose of the nude rules, in my humble opinion, is to enforce that your naughty bits must be on display. This is to ensure that everyone is equally on display, and nobody is uncomfortable that they are being "voyeured". If men want to wear a t-shirt (not too short, junk fully on display), that's OK by me. I've seen guys wear shirts to protect their shoulders/backs from the sun. I've got no problems with that. Similarly, if you want to wears socks or leggins or a cap or earmuffs or a fanny pack (around back, please) or garters or rings or gloves or cummerbunds that's all fair too in my book. Just make sure that men, your junk and butt are uncovered, and ladies, well sorry, but you can't wear shirts.

    And papi0755, what everyone says is true, nobody on the nude beach cares, but still, I get it. If I were you, I would wear the shirt and if I'm there, I'll defend your right to do so. And while I appreciate your honesty and courage on this board, I would tell everyone you are protecting yourself from the sun.

    We've been nude at CN, SSB and Tower Isle. TI is the most private, followed as a quick second by SSB. At CN you are on display to a degree that makes many uncomfortable. But man oh man, that Bloody Bay beach is one of the best...

  14. #14

    Default

    Vybz - I don't disagree with your thought process but feel that what you advocate is a slippery slope. If a guy wears a shirt, then a girl says "but he is" and before you know it, it is a clothing optional beach and not a nude beach. Just my opinion.

  15. #15

    Default

    Sorry Vybz but I disagree with you

    No tshirts allowed, you are to be nude at these AN areas of Couples. You can wear SPF 70 to protect from the sun.

  16. #16

    Default

    I agree...AN is AN, no more no less.

    I think you'll find the resort folks also follow that line of thinking.

  17. #17

    Default

    Why not just use a bath towel and drape it around your neck. Wet it and you can always say (if asked, but no one will) you need to cool your neck. The ends will cover your consciousness and no one will be the wiser. After about an hour or so you will realize that others are in the same boat and no one really cares and neither will you. Unless you rival Pamala Anderson, no one will give you a second glance anyway.
    CSA 2012, CSA 2013, CN 2014, CSA 2014, CSS 2014,
    CN 2015, CSA 2015
    BOOKED: CSS 2015, CSA 2016, CN 2016, CSS 2016

  18. #18

    Default

    A slippery slope indeed. We were at CSS and SSB last year when a couple from "Westchester County, NY" decided that just because it was "her time of the month" that she could wear her swim suit bottoms. It took the most part of the afternoon before this couple finally left the beach/pool because they refused to adherents the 'full nude' requirements. Because they put up such a fight over what is clearly and unmistakeingly posted, it was nice to see when they finally gave in. We all clapped as they left.
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014
    CSS 2015

  19. #19

    Default

    A T-Shirt might be frowned upon. It's not a contest. Nobody cares. Really. Don't worry about it. You're fine.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    A slippery slope indeed. We were at CSS and SSB last year when a couple from "Westchester County, NY" decided that just because it was "her time of the month" that she could wear her swim suit bottoms. It took the most part of the afternoon before this couple finally left the beach/pool because they refused to adherents the 'full nude' requirements. Because they put up such a fight over what is clearly and unmistakeingly posted, it was nice to see when they finally gave in. We all clapped as they left.
    I agree with the no clothing rule because it puts everyone on a level playing field, but a group clap seems a bit unseemly to me. Maybe things could have been handled a bit more discreetly with Security. This reminds me of the poor woman who was group banished for wearing a cloth around her mid-section due to her desire to cover up her ileostomy bag. She was shunned out of the AN area in tears. That kind of potential for group action can make first timers quite nervous. They are already nervous enough for many different reasons.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsolid15 View Post
    I agree with the no clothing rule because it puts everyone on a level playing field, but a group clap seems a bit unseemly to me. Maybe things could have been handled a bit more discreetly with Security. This reminds me of the poor woman who was group banished for wearing a cloth around her mid-section due to her desire to cover up her ileostomy bag. She was shunned out of the AN area in tears. That kind of potential for group action can make first timers quite nervous. They are already nervous enough for many different reasons.
    We 100% agree that no one should be singled out and shunned for physical reasons. This was different. Security and multiple members of management made several unsuccessful attempts to get this couple perfectly healthy couple to adhere to the policy during the day. They tried to do it as discretely as possible but this couple made sure to become more and more vocal with each attempt. Perhaps they thought others would side with them. They repeatedly cited her period and being from Westchester County NY as the reason they deserved special treatment. Many of us got tired of their schtick and when they finally left we just felt it was time for a friendly round of applause.
    CSS 2010
    CSS 2013
    CSS 2014
    CSS 2015

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsolid15 View Post
    I agree with the no clothing rule because it puts everyone on a level playing field, but a group clap seems a bit unseemly to me. Maybe things could have been handled a bit more discreetly with Security. This reminds me of the poor woman who was group banished for wearing a cloth around her mid-section due to her desire to cover up her ileostomy bag. She was shunned out of the AN area in tears. That kind of potential for group action can make first timers quite nervous. They are already nervous enough for many different reasons.
    Got to agree with dsolid here. That is definitely unseemly. Poor girl. I would have been so embarrassed for her and perhaps embarrassed because of being part of the gathered throng. I agree with the nude only rule but I think the idea of not allowing someone to drape a towel around their waist to go for lunch or the bathroom, or even to get a drink, is a bit over the top. It seems a bit like big brother is watching but I know that things are actually quite relaxed in that department at SSB. We all just mix in together and assume a laisse faire attitude, right? (until someone hides their body parts!). The lady in question may have been using the 'time of the month thing' as an excuse but to clap her for leaving seems so wrong in many ways. Are we school yard bullies?

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dawi View Post
    We 100% agree that no one should be singled out and shunned for physical reasons. This was different. Security and multiple members of management made several unsuccessful attempts to get this couple perfectly healthy couple to adhere to the policy during the day. They tried to do it as discretely as possible but this couple made sure to become more and more vocal with each attempt. Perhaps they thought others would side with them. They repeatedly cited her period and being from Westchester County NY as the reason they deserved special treatment. Many of us got tired of their schtick and when they finally left we just felt it was time for a friendly round of applause.
    Thanks Dawi. I appreciate more context around this. Obviously I was not there and it sounds like it was a difficult situation. All I am saying is I wouldn't advertise that group jeers are a possibility. My wife is already squeamish enough with the whole concept of baring herself, the possibility of group embarrassment would not help her warm up to the idea. If we are lucky enough to make it over to SSB, my wife and I will certainly follow all the rules, but the mere thought of such an encounter might give her pause.

    Besides, my wife and I are not from Westchester County, we are from Podunk, Midwest, so I'm sure any attempts we made to impress others with our social standing would receive bewildered looks ("Oh you have a snowblower? How cool is that!"). So......our objective will be to have fun and be as friendly as possible!

  24. #24

    Default "that time"

    Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Got to agree with dsolid here. That is definitely unseemly. Poor girl. I would have been so embarrassed for her and perhaps embarrassed because of being part of the gathered throng. I agree with the nude only rule but I think the idea of not allowing someone to drape a towel around their waist to go for lunch or the bathroom, or even to get a drink, is a bit over the top. It seems a bit like big brother is watching but I know that things are actually quite relaxed in that department at SSB. We all just mix in together and assume a laisse faire attitude, right? (until someone hides their body parts!). The lady in question may have been using the 'time of the month thing' as an excuse but to clap her for leaving seems so wrong in many ways. Are we school yard bullies?

    O.K. personally I don't think any exception to the AN rule is a good idea. I'll stop there. However just curious as a dude... What is a lady to do during "that time" if she's only at SSB for a few days or a week? Excuse my ignorance and I'm not advocating covering up. Just curious if that means the couple has to not enjoy SSB for their stay. That would suck.
    Counting the days until paradise...

  25. #25

    Default

    I don't think people should go to an AN beach with clearly posted rules and then wear bottoms or tops. As a vacationer that came to enjoy the AN enviornment at Couples over other CO resorts, I shouldn't have to complain before somebody from the resort speaks with them. Then, they should respect the rules and leave quietly. Since they decided to put on a show, I think I would have joined in the clapping. It is a shame about the other lady (assuming that she was only covering her midriff and not her "privates" as well). I'd hate to get kicked off the beach for wearing a baseball hat. At SSB in March there were people (fully clothed) that came to the beach to talk with their naked friends then leave. There was a lady wearing bottoms. Nobody seemed to complain or care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •