Default Unofficially reserving loungers??

There seems to be lots of posts on this topic all over this sight, if it's against policy I won't do it. I could easily do it, I'm an early riser but for us it would be rude even if it wasn't against the policy. I don't cut corners in my personal/business life and I'm certainly not gong to do it on vacation. If we go any beach/pool on the grounds and all are taken can we ask staff to bring a couple more from somewhere else? Sure I see the beautiful pictures of the shaded little huts on the beach and the umbrellas around the pool and would love to have one of those but we will be there (CSS) 4/23-30 and the only time I will save a lounger is if my butt is parked in one and I save one for my wife if she's off doing something for a short period of time.
    Gene

When we were at CN in January the AN beach became very busy and when asked staff bought additional loungers to the beach, so no problem,.

Great question, I've said the same, I'm not paying the amount of money I've paid for our trip to not have chairs, or to have to get up at the cracks of dawn to reserve one, I'd hope they will accommodate if need be?

Could easily be solved with a policy that at 8:00am, any items left on the loungers will be removed and piled by the bar.

Default Loungers

When we were at CSS / SSB previously there were a couple days where the loungers were pretty well all taken. A comment was made to the bartender and soon the Water sports staff was over pulling more chairs from a storage area and getting everybody covered. They are very helpful in this regard. Just ask politely.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Every resort from the dawn of time has had to cope with this...I would like to see a policy where is a chair remains unattended for 45 minutes it is cleared UNLESS you have made mention to the pool staff that you are going to lunch elsewhere and are planning to return by an agreed time (give or take).

As far as the morning at 8am of chairs are claimed but nobody is around, they should be cleared. I have see chairs go unused until noon.

The best way is to simply communicate with the staff.

Default Worry not

I'm not going to spend the next 26 days worrying about something I have no control over. Will cross this bridge when we get there. I don't intend to be pushy or rude. I will go with the flow, if we need loungers we will politely ask then we will find a spot somewhere. As much as we are looking forward to SSB it's not the only area and if it's over crowded we will find a little spot of solitude somewhere. It would be nice if management would take the lead in this situation but whatever decision is made someone is always going to be unhappy.

The key to me is to be seen using your chairs. No one cares if you get there early and have a good spot. We go to the beach early with a cup of coffee. Find the chairs we want, enjoy our coffee nude on the beach. Then we leave and go have breakfast, not more that the 45 min someone else mentioned and then we come back. No one begrudges you that we have found.

The problems arise in other ways. For example, on the days we play tennis at 8:15 we don't come and claim chairs until we are ready to stay for a while. If we are not just going to breakfast, we wait and take what chairs are available when do arrive later to stay for a while. Is it the people who claim chairs with a since sandal, a bottle of sunscreen, a magazine, etc... very early and leave for HOURS. They have no intention of using those chairs until a LONG time later! This is the source of the problem and this is what should be monitored. I don't feel the staff should ever need to keep track of how long a chair stays claimed. but empty. That is just silly. They are bartenders, beach attendants not parking attendance with the means or time to mark how long a chair has been empty. Unforunately, it comes down to how self-centered a given guest might be. Those with some perspective and care for others won't claim a chair and then leave it unoccupied for hours and then the problem really doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    ... Unforunately, it comes down to how self-centered a given guest might be. Those with some perspective and care for others won't claim a chair and then leave it unoccupied for hours and then the problem really doesn't exist.
    Agree, it is not respectful to the other guests to come "claim" a chair and then not use it for hours on end. Respect and consideration for others goes a long way.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    The key to me is to be seen using your chairs. No one cares if you get there early and have a good spot. We go to the beach early with a cup of coffee. Find the chairs we want, enjoy our coffee nude on the beach. Then we leave and go have breakfast, not more that the 45 min someone else mentioned and then we come back. No one begrudges you that we have found.

The problems arise in other ways. For example, on the days we play tennis at 8:15 we don't come and claim chairs until we are ready to stay for a while. If we are not just going to breakfast, we wait and take what chairs are available when do arrive later to stay for a while. Is it the people who claim chairs with a since sandal, a bottle of sunscreen, a magazine, etc... very early and leave for HOURS. They have no intention of using those chairs until a LONG time later! This is the source of the problem and this is what should be monitored. I don't feel the staff should ever need to keep track of how long a chair stays claimed. but empty. That is just silly. They are bartenders, beach attendants not parking attendance with the means or time to mark how long a chair has been empty. Unforunately, it comes down to how self-centered a given guest might be. Those with some perspective and care for others won't claim a chair and then leave it unoccupied for hours and then the problem really doesn't exist.
    Could not have said this better. If everybody behaved like you guys there would be no problem at all!

Quote Originally Posted by IrieNewf View Post
    Could easily be solved with a policy that at 8:00am, any items left on the loungers will be removed and piled by the bar.
    I find your suggestion a little self serving. My wife and I follow the same routine every day at CSS. We get up at dawn and head to sunset beach. Drop our things off and go for a jog around the pond. When we're finished our 30min jog, we return to SSB, long before anybody has arrived, for a dip in the ocean to cool off after our run. We then hang out on the beach until Palazzina opens for breakfast. Once the restaurant opens, we again leave our stuff at SSB and head over for breakfast at 7:30am. Once finished, we head back over to SSB for the remainder of the day. The idea creating a policy of "piling our things by the bar" because your schedule demands that you have your choice of loungers at 8:00am is as ridiculously self centered as me suggesting that they change the hours of Palazzina to accommodate my schedule.
    As others have stated, if you find yourself unable to find a lounger, CSS staff will most certainly get some for you. They are the most accommodating people in the industry. But in all my years of travelling I've never seen a resort who's staff will move a patrons items from a lounger in order to accommodate the later risers, and I doubt couples is about to break new ground by implementing one. However, you are welcome to come join us for a jog some morning. SSB is beautiful at dawn : )

I am far from a late riser, my frustration stems from last year. During the first week of our trip it was no issue getting a lounger as people would just come out and grab a free spot and relax. In the second week a large group arrived and would go out the night before and stake out the whole beach for them and their friends and not arrive until after lunch. I didn't make the suggestion as you phrased it" because your schedule demands that you have your choice of loungers at 8:00am ", I would never be that self centered and assume that all must run on my schedule. I was just a little frustrated at the behavior I witnessed last year. Thank you for the invite to jog around the pond in the morning but I'm more of a gym rat than a runner, maybe see you guys for a workout .

Firstly, my last post came out much more harshly that indented. Sorry about that. Should have read it before hitting the "post" button. I understand your frustration, but I don't think that a policy of clearing all of the chairs every morning at 8:00am, which is just a few minutes after we leave the beach for breakfast, is a good solution. It's a policy that favors the schedule of some guests and not others. I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect Couples to anger certain guests by moving their belongings to a pile by the bar at 8:00am. Perhaps I misread your suggestion. Also, I don't want to have to be concerned about finishing my lunch in 45 minutes or less before my stuff gets picked up and piled by the bar. I'm there to relax "Sans Souci". I totally agree that tying up an unused chair for half the day is very inconsiderate of the other guests. But people are going to save chairs at resorts. And some people are going to be inconsiderate about it. But the resort staff isn't able to police that. Some resorts even have butlers that will do it for you so that you can sleep in, take as much time as you want, and still get the perfect spot on the beach. Of course the ability to have your cake and eat it too comes at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAsh View Post
    Firstly, my last post came out much more harshly that indented. Sorry about that. Should have read it before hitting the "post" button. I understand your frustration, but I don't think that a policy of clearing all of the chairs every morning at 8:00am, which is just a few minutes after we leave the beach for breakfast, is a good solution. It's a policy that favors the schedule of some guests and not others. I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect Couples to anger certain guests by moving their belongings to a pile by the bar at 8:00am. Perhaps I misread your suggestion. Also, I don't want to have to be concerned about finishing my lunch in 45 minutes or less before my stuff gets picked up and piled by the bar. I'm there to relax "Sans Souci". I totally agree that tying up an unused chair for half the day is very inconsiderate of the other guests. But people are going to save chairs at resorts. And some people are going to be inconsiderate about it. But the resort staff isn't able to police that. Some resorts even have butlers that will do it for you so that you can sleep in, take as much time as you want, and still get the perfect spot on the beach. Of course the ability to have your cake and eat it too comes at a price.
    All good, your above response makes some very good points in a reasonable manner, it's what message boards should be. Still not going jogging with you though lol, enjoy your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAsh View Post
    Some resorts even have butlers that will do it for you so that you can sleep in, take as much time as you want, and still get the perfect spot on the beach. Of course the ability to have your cake and eat it too comes at a price.
    And I for one am glad Couples Resorts do not have butler service. Been there, did that at one that had them and honestly watched places reserved for "special guests" at the pool and the beach cabanas. Add to that those loungers and cabanas went untouched for several days during our visit. Thankfully while we were there plenty of space was available at their private island..

We just knew after a few days who was going to be in the same spot each day and most respected their space. really during the time we go there is no need to reserve because we all know who "hangs out" where LOL

Agree with Daffy - have stayed at the butler resorts and sat on a towel beside the pool all day gazing at empty lounge chairs (20+). The first day was bad, but the fact that we went 3 days and could not get a lounger anywhere became frustrating and reminded me of cruising. Never again. We follow the same policy that you see above. If we are gone for longer than an hour, we move our things. However, we do spend a lot of time in the pool and usually offer to share space. Good way to start conversations. I think most of those saving the chairs all day are first timers that were used to doing it for survival!

This happens at our pool at the club. People reserve chairs for their kids! These kids are in the water the whole time. If chairs are needed, the kids should have a towel on the ground. I should not have to put my towel on the ground to sit on when I go to the pool.
    Vicky

Never had an issue at CTI with this. If you were on the island you claimed a lounger. If you left the island you took your stuff with you.

Seems that should be the rule for SSB as well. If your in the gated section and reserve a lounger your good to go, but if you put your cloths on and leave you should take your stuff with you. A person shouldn't be able to reserve a place on the beach while they are taking part in activities at another part of the resort. It would be like claiming a piece of gym equipment like the squat rack while you go job on the treadmill for half an hour.

We stopped going on cruises because of this problem. We recently (Reluctantly) went on a cruise this past April to celebrate a brother's birthday & they had signs up - "Items left unattended for more than 30 minutes will be confiscated"

It seemed to help as we never had a problem finding a lounger.

Fortunately, I can say that in 6 trips we have never found this to be a problem at CSS or Tower Island.

Yes - a handful of people will reserve chairs, but almost always they have been back after breakfast or a very short time later - never seen anyone actually reserve a chair then leave for more than 30-45 minutes.

& we have never had a problem finding either a palapala or an umbrella - even when we didn't venture over until the afternoon.

Yes b'y. If everyone followed the same rules, there wouldn't be an issue.

[QUOTE=Frostitten;279412]Yes b'y"

Are you from the Rock?