Default What percentage...best guess??

Any idea what percentage of hotel guests pick CSS-SSB for the AN facilities?? The number I have in mind is not way reflected in the responses here on the Couples MEETUP board, where it would seem that 90% go to SSB, but having been there 4 times I doubt this is true.

Back in January...can't wait!
    Last edited by Gatekeeper; September 27th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

No where near 90%. We're getting ready for our 9th visit, we have never seen more than 50-70 people on SSB.

My guess is that about 15-20% of the guests at CSS and CTI partake of the AN facilities. While that may seem like a small number, I have been told by members of the Couples management team that many of the guests that go to SSB and the island are long-time repeaters for whom the AN facilities are the main attraction.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015, October, 2016

Really hard to say, when you're there it seems like there are more people at SSB, but it's an illusion due to the smaller area. All I can say is that the AN facilities one of our three criteria that led us to choose Sans Souci in the first place.

We picked CSS because of the resort and reputation. The fact that it's AN is a bonus!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Any idea what percentage of hotel guests pick CSS-SSB for the AN facilities?? The number I have in mind is not way reflected in the responses here on the Couples MEETUP board, where it would seem that 90% go to SSB, but having been there 4 times I doubt this is true.

Back in January...can't wait!

My guess would be 20 - 40 percent of the guests during the time we were there visited SSB. The resort has 150 suites and they were at capacity most of our trip. Thus to have even 50% of the guests at SSB you would need to have 150 people there. My best guess is that most days there were no more than 80 to 100 people on SSB. This is just a guess as I really wasn't counting. Be interesting to see everyone's thoughts

Depends on the time of the year, April 2015 was about 50% on SSB as lunch hour count was 120

It would seem that the Couples owners have found a nice way to distinguish themselves from all the other resorts on the island. I think every resort struggles to find something that ties a particular group to them and drives client loyalty.

Good for them...good for us.

Gatekeeper, I always felt that having A/N areas would still draw people to the resort even if they had no plans to partake. Having it available seems enticing. On the flip side, I probably would not go if it wasn't an option.
    CTI - 2007, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016

Any answer to a question like this will be skewed. My guess would be 33.33333%. CTI fans will tell you that their resort is the best. CN fans will tell you their resort is the best. CSS fans will tell you that their resort is the best. Even though there isn't a AN section there are people who will say CSA is the best. But in keeping with the context of this question they are not included.

In all actuality, I think each of these resorts are equally nice.
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    ??? 2018

We are planning to spend the majority of our week at SSB. See you there and enjoy!!

According to Pierre it's around 30% of guests for the year overall, although it does vary depending on time of year.

In July there were 50-70 folks on SSB every day
    that would be 30 to 45% but it was not the same people every day
    It could have been as high as 50-60% who tried SSB during their time at CSS

John

Looking forward to SSB in early January!

Name:  tumblr_of1c5eJnCM1uzjla6o1_500.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  25.8 KB

Until January this will have to do...(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Name:  tumblr_of1c5eJnCM1uzjla6o1_500.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  25.8 KB

Until January this will have to do...(sigh)

Very funny... Can you put in the twisted palms?
    CTI - 2007, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016

Our experience last year week prior to thanksgiving - there were 150+ people pn SSB. Place was packed and there were no vacant loungers anywhere.

Too much for hubby so we return to CN. Also - we simply prefer the restaurants and general resort feel over CSS which we have tried 2x.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Works for me....until January, it's going to have to be like this. Thanks Gate!!

Gatekeeper - that's too funny!

93 days until CN!

Duane & Mary

we visited CSS for 10 days, the 2nd week in October; just after the hurricane. People had changed their dates, so the first few dates it was 95% occupancy, after the middle of the week, it dropped to 80% or so. The first few days, it was 50/50 at SSB and he Textile beach/pool. There was a huge wedding party at Textile....25-30 people. After they left, SSB became more occupied...I'd say 70% at SSB to 30% at the main beach.