Default This may be a dumb question...

Hi everyone, well, my wife and I arrive at CTI tomorrow for our first visit! Looking forward to it tremendously. So I have a dumb question. The island is totally nude, but of course hats and sunglasses are recommended. How about shoes or sandals? I know it seems silly for me to ask but I don't want to get yelled at because I'm wearing my Keens. LOL

Definitely wear footwear when walking around, concrete and sand can get pretty hot in that tropical sun. Unless you plan on wearing knee rubbers or combat boots I'm pretty sure you won't get laughed at LOL, enjoy your trip!

Shoes, sandals, sunglasses and hats are all good! But from a fashion perspective, if you wear sandals, no socks please, lol.

Typically you will see people with sandals/flip flops, hats and sunglasses. I sliced my foot on the island once which cut my time there short that day. Haven't gone barefoot there since. Wear water shoes or teva's in the water when going for a dip to avoid coral or urchins.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    Shoes, sandals, sunglasses and hats are all good! But from a fashion perspective, if you wear sandals, no socks please, lol.
    While wearing 'sandals and socks' is not seen as 'the done thing', some people need to wear their compression stockings or compression socks for as long as possible during the day for medical reasons (to reduce leg swelling and to reduce the possibility of developing blood clots, etc).

I would wear my compression socks with my sandals on mornings (sneakers are out for me with my condition) to go to breakfast and otherwise up to the time I really need to remove them for going to the pools or to the 'Island', etc.

This decreases the time it would take before my legs (one especially) begin to swell. If I did not have a medical reequirement I would not wear that combination; but, quite frankly, I couldn't care two hoots what others think of my footwear style since they are not in my sandals and socks and would not have to deal with the effects of badly swollen legs each evening.

Lol, from Colorado, I almost never go without socks when wearing sandals. Of course I don't think I need to worry about snow on our trip next month. lol

The shower area is slippery, wear flip flops if you take a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Typically you will see people with sandals/flip flops, hats and sunglasses. I sliced my foot on the island once which cut my time there short that day. Haven't gone barefoot there since. Wear water shoes or teva's in the water when going for a dip to avoid coral or urchins.
    Thanks to everyone for the good advice! We arrived Saturday night and are having a phenomenal time. I found out like you said to wear shoes in the water the hard way...fortunately no cuts or blood, but those urchins and coral are SHARP!!

At least not dark socks :-)