Default to AN or not to AN.....here is our recap of our first experience. We hope it helps.

We booked for the first time last year. We made 2 trips. First trip to CN, second trip to CSS. We were determined to try AN for the first time at CN, but it didn't happen. After booking CSS we decided we had to try SSB (the AN area at CSS) and we went knowing that we were just going to hate it. We were in our heads pretty good about it as we have struggled with body image issues pretty much our entire adult lives. We decided to try anyways.

We made our way over after stopping at main beach bar and slamming a few shots (you know, for nerves). We entered through the bamboo gate (insert ominous music in head here) looked around for a moment. We saw a palapa with 2 empty loungers. We didn't want to be too far away because we didn't want the first walk to the bathroom or bar to be too far for obvious naked parade reasons. The palapa in our sights was about half way down the beach. Made our way over, put our stuff down and proceeded to drop em. We couldn't believe we were doing it. We stripped down and quickly laid on the lounger on our bellies. We looked around for a few minutes, no one was pointing, no one was laughing, the world didn't end.

We stayed there for a bit, still very uncomfortable being in a foreign environment, and being VERY self conscious. After a while, we decided to get in the ocean to cool down. That first walk was tough cause we had to pass by others (gasp). No one pointed, no one laughed, the world didn't end. We walked through the shin deep chilly water for about 10-15 feet then the warm caribbean we knew and loved hit our bodies. It was rather comfortable and oh so welcome so we could hide our naked selves in the water! We stayed out there for a while, becoming more comfortable. A few minutes later Aleshea said shit, I got to pee (the shots had worked there way down to bladder). So she said, if I gotta walk over to the bathroom where everyone is, we may as well grab our stuff cause she wasn't going by herself. I agreed. We made our way back to the palapa/loungers, but had to face everyone walking out of the ocean, and that was a little daunting and scary as hell cause we were still very self conscious. The few couples we passed simply greeted us with warm smiles and hellos and hows the water? We grabbed our stuff, and made our way over to the pool, never looking anyone in the eye (hiding behind sunglasses).

We found a couple of loungers, set our stuff down, and got in the pool. No one laughed, no one pointed, the world didn't end. We slowly made our way over to the pool bar where there were lots of AN people! GASP! We were quickly greeted with just smiles, hey guys, welcome! Whatcha drinking? A few folks recognized us from the FB groups, so we got a couple of drinks and slowly started conversation with a few friendly folks. Aleshea decided she was about to pop so she got out of pool and made her way to the bathroom. She said that was VERY hard the first time, again, we have struggled with body image and self consciousness for a few decades (most of our adult life).

A short while later, the drinks were still flowing, the world still hadn't ended, and everyone was so friendly. But not overly friendly like in a weird way. We quickly realized that really, no one cares (except you). The only people that cared were us and we needed to let that go. Awkwardness and anxiety soon gave way to acceptance. Acceptance then yielded to comfortableness. The world still hadn't ended, no one was pointing, no one was laughing. A short while later, I found myself playing pool volleyball with other AN goers. That was a new experience. Aleshea was having conversation with folks at the pool bar while I played the first round of volleyball. Long story short, we spent the whole first full day there, and then every single other day there the rest of the trip. Second day didn't require shots before going. We couldn't wait to get over there!

We decided to leave our anxiety, our hangups, and our fears at the bamboo gate to SSB. Stepping out into that was one of the best things we could have done for ourselves. It really opened up our minds a little as we saw every shape, size and color there. We quickly realized that 99% of us are perfectly average, and all bodies are beautiful. We really enjoyed spending time with some of the most non judgmental and friendly down to earth people we have ever met and enjoyed being there, being a part of creation with the warm sun and the salty ocean air blanketing our bodies all over. It felt, well....natural! Was very freeing. We realized that we were way too far in our heads about it. CSS/SSB was the perfect first experience.

Sorry this is so long, but I felt compelled to share our experience with you in the hopes it motivates you to let go of artificial hangups forced on us all by the world and just go experience it with your S/O and seriously, it is NOT worth stressing over. Once you are there you will see. Once you go you know!

After being at SSB and experiencing this, here are our personal follow up thoughts. Many people struggle with self image, self confidence and angst at the notion of AN. Let me just tell you that ALL bodies are beautiful. It is our natural state, the way we were made and there is no reason to stress. Just go and see. All bodies are welcome, all are not judged. The world judges enough. Let it go for a while. Our personalities are what make us unique, all are celebrated, all are welcome. Some bodies have battle wounds, scars, stretch marks and have been fighting gravity. Some have reared children and brought life into this world and those bodies are special and should be (and are) celebrated. You will see all shapes and sizes and colors. Big, small, tall, short, wide, narrow, all kinds. All are beautiful. You will see that most of us are perfectly average and that we are all beautiful. Some women have mastectomies, some have scars, some have tattoos, some don't, some have large breasts, some don't, most are not symmetrical. Some men are growers, some men are showers. Most men are growers. Some bodies have lots of hair, some have very short hair, some have none. Everyone is perfect the way they were made and how they are. AN is about celebrating the body you have by shedding barriers, labels and things of the world that divide and categorize us. AN is about enjoying the warm sun, the cooling water, etc without man made barriers (Eden). AN is about stepping out of the world and connecting with your significant other on a deeper level. AN is about meeting people who are also struggling with the same things you do in the world and being in the moment and getting to know people for their personalities and who they truly are as a person and not what they wear, where they work, what they drive, or how much money they do or don't have. It simply doesn't matter. Just go and see. All you have to do is just let it go and be there. Oddly enough, many people who struggle with body image say AN is the best thing they have ever done for their self confidence and it helped them realize we are more than appearances, more than what the world defines us as and more than what we label ourselves as. Just go. It truly is an all accepting, and all in environment. Just go. Will you be nervous? Of course, for a few minutes. Let it go. Will it feel odd? Yes at first.....but then you start to realize no one is looking, no one is pointing, and no one is judging and that all are pretty much perfectly average and all of a sudden you realize you are becoming more and more comfortable and acclimated. I urge you to jump in, to embrace it and to talk with others. It truly helps and you will quickly find a sense of that most haven't experienced before. Just go.

Love your story. We were exactly like you guys 28 years ago and still love going AN.

That sounds like exactly the experience had by just about everyone here...now you are addicted!!

Perfectly said. And donít forget no wet bathing suits

Great read, welcome to the Dark Side !

Thanks all for the feedback! @katfred glad to hear it....just wish we would not have waited so long! @Gatekeeper......yes, we are so addicted, booked 11 days for May/June 2018. @mikemc1231 yes for sure! @Dadofsprout5.....i never underestimated the power of the dark side lol.

Thanks all. Can't wait to be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jnobles View Post
    We booked for the first time last year. We made 2 trips. First trip to CN, second trip to CSS. We were determined to try AN for the first time at CN, but it didn't happen. After booking CSS we decided we had to try SSB (the AN area at CSS) and we went knowing that we were just going to hate it. We were in our heads pretty good about it as we have struggled with body image issues pretty much our entire adult lives. We decided to try anyways.

We made our way over after stopping at main beach bar and slamming a few shots (you know, for nerves). We entered through the bamboo gate (insert ominous music in head here) looked around for a moment. We saw a palapa with 2 empty loungers. We didn't want to be too far away because we didn't want the first walk to the bathroom or bar to be too far for obvious naked parade reasons. The palapa in our sights was about half way down the beach. Made our way over, put our stuff down and proceeded to drop em. We couldn't believe we were doing it. We stripped down and quickly laid on the lounger on our bellies. We looked around for a few minutes, no one was pointing, no one was laughing, the world didn't end.

We stayed there for a bit, still very uncomfortable being in a foreign environment, and being VERY self conscious. After a while, we decided to get in the ocean to cool down. That first walk was tough cause we had to pass by others (gasp). No one pointed, no one laughed, the world didn't end. We walked through the shin deep chilly water for about 10-15 feet then the warm caribbean we knew and loved hit our bodies. It was rather comfortable and oh so welcome so we could hide our naked selves in the water! We stayed out there for a while, becoming more comfortable. A few minutes later Aleshea said shit, I got to pee (the shots had worked there way down to bladder). So she said, if I gotta walk over to the bathroom where everyone is, we may as well grab our stuff cause she wasn't going by herself. I agreed. We made our way back to the palapa/loungers, but had to face everyone walking out of the ocean, and that was a little daunting and scary as hell cause we were still very self conscious. The few couples we passed simply greeted us with warm smiles and hellos and hows the water? We grabbed our stuff, and made our way over to the pool, never looking anyone in the eye (hiding behind sunglasses).

We found a couple of loungers, set our stuff down, and got in the pool. No one laughed, no one pointed, the world didn't end. We slowly made our way over to the pool bar where there were lots of AN people! GASP! We were quickly greeted with just smiles, hey guys, welcome! Whatcha drinking? A few folks recognized us from the FB groups, so we got a couple of drinks and slowly started conversation with a few friendly folks. Aleshea decided she was about to pop so she got out of pool and made her way to the bathroom. She said that was VERY hard the first time, again, we have struggled with body image and self consciousness for a few decades (most of our adult life).

A short while later, the drinks were still flowing, the world still hadn't ended, and everyone was so friendly. But not overly friendly like in a weird way. We quickly realized that really, no one cares (except you). The only people that cared were us and we needed to let that go. Awkwardness and anxiety soon gave way to acceptance. Acceptance then yielded to comfortableness. The world still hadn't ended, no one was pointing, no one was laughing. A short while later, I found myself playing pool volleyball with other AN goers. That was a new experience. Aleshea was having conversation with folks at the pool bar while I played the first round of volleyball. Long story short, we spent the whole first full day there, and then every single other day there the rest of the trip. Second day didn't require shots before going. We couldn't wait to get over there!

We decided to leave our anxiety, our hangups, and our fears at the bamboo gate to SSB. Stepping out into that was one of the best things we could have done for ourselves. It really opened up our minds a little as we saw every shape, size and color there. We quickly realized that 99% of us are perfectly average, and all bodies are beautiful. We really enjoyed spending time with some of the most non judgmental and friendly down to earth people we have ever met and enjoyed being there, being a part of creation with the warm sun and the salty ocean air blanketing our bodies all over. It felt, well....natural! Was very freeing. We realized that we were way too far in our heads about it. CSS/SSB was the perfect first experience.

Sorry this is so long, but I felt compelled to share our experience with you in the hopes it motivates you to let go of artificial hangups forced on us all by the world and just go experience it with your S/O and seriously, it is NOT worth stressing over. Once you are there you will see. Once you go you know!

After being at SSB and experiencing this, here are our personal follow up thoughts. Many people struggle with self image, self confidence and angst at the notion of AN. Let me just tell you that ALL bodies are beautiful. It is our natural state, the way we were made and there is no reason to stress. Just go and see. All bodies are welcome, all are not judged. The world judges enough. Let it go for a while. Our personalities are what make us unique, all are celebrated, all are welcome. Some bodies have battle wounds, scars, stretch marks and have been fighting gravity. Some have reared children and brought life into this world and those bodies are special and should be (and are) celebrated. You will see all shapes and sizes and colors. Big, small, tall, short, wide, narrow, all kinds. All are beautiful. You will see that most of us are perfectly average and that we are all beautiful. Some women have mastectomies, some have scars, some have tattoos, some don't, some have large breasts, some don't, most are not symmetrical. Some men are growers, some men are showers. Most men are growers. Some bodies have lots of hair, some have very short hair, some have none. Everyone is perfect the way they were made and how they are. AN is about celebrating the body you have by shedding barriers, labels and things of the world that divide and categorize us. AN is about enjoying the warm sun, the cooling water, etc without man made barriers (Eden). AN is about stepping out of the world and connecting with your significant other on a deeper level. AN is about meeting people who are also struggling with the same things you do in the world and being in the moment and getting to know people for their personalities and who they truly are as a person and not what they wear, where they work, what they drive, or how much money they do or don't have. It simply doesn't matter. Just go and see. All you have to do is just let it go and be there. Oddly enough, many people who struggle with body image say AN is the best thing they have ever done for their self confidence and it helped them realize we are more than appearances, more than what the world defines us as and more than what we label ourselves as. Just go. It truly is an all accepting, and all in environment. Just go. Will you be nervous? Of course, for a few minutes. Let it go. Will it feel odd? Yes at first.....but then you start to realize no one is looking, no one is pointing, and no one is judging and that all are pretty much perfectly average and all of a sudden you realize you are becoming more and more comfortable and acclimated. I urge you to jump in, to embrace it and to talk with others. It truly helps and you will quickly find a sense of that most haven't experienced before. Just go.
    Thank you so very much for sharing this! I had so many doubts and so much anxiety before I "dropped 'em" for the first time on SSB. It truly was one of the most liberating things that I have done in the last 30 years. We are booked for January 2018 and can't wait to "go home". SSB is where we can truly be ourselves without fear of judgment or recriminations.

Again, thanks so much for sharing!
    Jessie and Mary
    Florence, AL USA

JNobles -- You should cut and paste your description into the thread specifically requesting the 1st timers feedback - not because this is the wrong place, but more newbies will likely read it in the other thread.

rim1one.....sure, I can do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I find it so uplifting hearing these comments because my wife and I are both over 60 and other than our own pool have never been nekkid in public. This will be our first au natural vacation. Living in the states the culture seems to say that nudity=sex but I don't agree with that mentality. As with most people, body image is a major problem for both of us. I have gained ALOT of weight and due to an ongoing spinal stenosis problem cannot exercise or move round to well so my weight has hit an all time high of.........300 pounds, ouch! I will be having back surgery in 2 weeks so I hope by April I may be able to shed some of my not welcome friends. My gorgeous wife has also gained a few pounds but nowhere near the obesity I have reached and I tell her all the time that she is just as beautiful and sexy now as she was in 1976 when I first laid eyes on her. Getting beyond these body issues will be hard for both of us but after reading a lot of comments from naturalists I have reaffirmed my fortitude to go beyond that bamboo gate and just let it all hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputydog1157 View Post
    I find it so uplifting hearing these comments because my wife and I are both over 60 and other than our own pool have never been nekkid in public. This will be our first au natural vacation. Living in the states the culture seems to say that nudity=sex but I don't agree with that mentality. As with most people, body image is a major problem for both of us. I have gained ALOT of weight and due to an ongoing spinal stenosis problem cannot exercise or move round to well so my weight has hit an all time high of.........300 pounds, ouch! I will be having back surgery in 2 weeks so I hope by April I may be able to shed some of my not welcome friends. My gorgeous wife has also gained a few pounds but nowhere near the obesity I have reached and I tell her all the time that she is just as beautiful and sexy now as she was in 1976 when I first laid eyes on her. Getting beyond these body issues will be hard for both of us but after reading a lot of comments from naturalists I have reaffirmed my fortitude to go beyond that bamboo gate and just let it all hang out.
    You and your wife will have the time of your lives, SSB is one of the most respectful places we have ever been! Enjoy

Deputydog1157......no worries. You will meet the best and most nonjudgmental people ever. Just go for it. Itís all in your head. Seriously no one cares but you. And donít worry about age. All like minded individuals there at SSB. Also, itís not a competition so let the hang ups and mental roadblocks go and be in the moment and celebrate paradise with your wife. More to gain than lose for sure. Have a great vacation. Sending positive vibes for your procedure.

I loved it, a great read indeed!! We went to CTI for the first time last year and on day #1 I told hubby "if we are going to try this, let's do it today, if we like it we will want to go back, and if we don't we can say we tried it" Glad we didn't wait. I read where so many people wait until the last day and regret it. I am glad we did it on the first day. Every shape. age and size and it is a great place! We have booked trip #2 and we can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputydog1157 View Post
    Deputydog1157, three years ago i suffered from spinal stenosis L5-S1 and could barely stand in line at the airport or walk the beach more than a hundred yards before i had to rest. i had surgery two and a half years ago and i am pain free. I am 62 years ago and able to do just about anything i want but always use common sense, i am not 25 anymore. we are leaving in 26 days for CN and will spend most of our time at the AN beach. good luck with your surgery. i hope everything works out for you like it did for me. and enjoy your time beyond the bamboo gate.

Thanks for the reassuring words. Really looking forward to getting away and just veggin' out

Thanks Dexter1 for your comments. I will be having L2-L5 Laminectomy and am hoping to have same results as you. True we aren't as young as we sometimes think we are but it's nice to think so, lol. To be honest the closer it gets to our departure date, the more we are looking forward to going.