Default Which resort for au naturel experience is the best?

We are not Newbies to Au Naturel resorts, both in Jamaica & Mexico. But of the Couples Resort group, we have only been to Tower Isle (3x). We like the arrangement with the private island as it eliminates gawkers walking down the beach, but we dislike that is closes at 6pm. We frequented Grand Lido Braco prior to its closing, as well as a few rowdier venues. Planning a trip with friends and Couples seems to be the right mix of romantic and fun (and without the shock of PDAs).

When it come to the Au Naturel experience, which of the Couples Resorts is your preference? And, why?

Thanks!

We've been to Couples Negril several times and their AN beach is great! We are trying San Souci this February due in large part to the great reviews here! Have fun choosing!

CSS is by far the best for AN enjoyment. That said, CN has the best beach but it does come with Gawkers.. We just point and laugh at them sort of amusing to see them trying to look but not seem as if they are. Then there are the ladies that just stare with their chin on their chest... CTI is our least favorite.

Hi Sunbyrds,

Like you we use to go to Braco. We have been to both San Souci x 3 and next month will be our 3rd trip to Negril. We prefer the beach at CN and quite honestly the gawkers do not bother us at all. You say you are disappointed that the island at TI closes at 6pm well remember that at the A/N beach at CSS you are required to be clothed from 5pm when the textilers come over to watch and photograph the sunset whereas there is no restriction at CN.
    Both resorts have their pros and cons. CN has a better beach and the sea is much better for swimming, but only a hot tub. CSS has a pool and a hot tub on the
    A/N side.
    At the end of the day both resorts are fantastic!!!
    Hope you enjoy whichever you choose.

While we were at CSS... SSB in November we didn't note any clothing requirement after 5p.

Quote Originally Posted by MJandCS View Post
    While we were at CSS... SSB in November we didn't note any clothing requirement after 5p.
    Have to agree. We were also at SSB in November and when the Textiles came over for the sunset, some AN guests left but others, like us, just kept having our drinks, conversation, etc.

Going back to the original comment, the facilities at SSB are awesome. That being said, the actual beach, sand etc. cannot compare to CN. So if you are beach people, I'd suggest going to CN. If you are pool people, I'd suggest going to CSS and SSB.

One last point, CN does not have a full grill. Just patties in a warmer to eat. SSB has a full grill and that was really nice as we didn't have to leave to eat lunch. We haven't been to CTI and really between CN and CSS - its a 50/50 choice for us maybe with a slight edge to CN (we really like the beach).

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineseekers View Post
    Hi Sunbyrds,

Like you we use to go to Braco. We have been to both San Souci x 3 and next month will be our 3rd trip to Negril. We prefer the beach at CN and quite honestly the gawkers do not bother us at all. You say you are disappointed that the island at TI closes at 6pm well remember that at the A/N beach at CSS you are required to be clothed from 5pm when the textilers come over to watch and photograph the sunset whereas there is no restriction at CN.
    Both resorts have their pros and cons. CN has a better beach and the sea is much better for swimming, but only a hot tub. CSS has a pool and a hot tub on the
    A/N side.
    At the end of the day both resorts are fantastic!!!
    Hope you enjoy whichever you choose.
    Hey sunshineseekrs,
    There is no requirement to be clothed at SSB after 5 pm. It becomes clothing OPTIONAL at sunset.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014
    CSS October 2015 SOON COME!

You don't have to cloth up after 5:00, that is just the time the Textile people are allowed on the beach. We were in the pool well after 6:00 p.m.

We have visited CSS, CTI and CN and have used the AN facilities at all three resorts. In my opinion, CSS has the best AN facilities. CSS has a great vibe, fabulous pool, great swim up bar, and is just a fun place to be. CTI would be second. Pretty cool experience being on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Amazing views and the splash from the waves is heavenly. There is a great little plunge pool to cool off with a swim up bar to get drinks. CN...to be honest, I did not like it all. I do love the beach in Negril but the CN experience just didn't work for me at all. Nothing to do with gawkers or anything like that, I just didn't find there was much of an atmosphere. Perhaps it was just the week we were there? We did try the A/N at CN a couple times but just never found our groove there so spent most of our time at the main beach and pool. I know many, as seen in this thread, love the AN at CN so each to their own. Based on my experiences however I would say that if you are look for a more social scene than CSS is ideal. If you just want to keep to yourself, CN could be perfect! Have a great time!
    Kris

For us it's an easy choice after visiting all 3 numerous times:
    1. Negril : best beach by far, new bar and you're room is a few short steps away. (request building 9)
    2) CTI : Crashing waves are amazing. Negatives:If it rains for long periods or storms you're screwed. Sewage smell from time to time due to poor plumbing on island.
    3) CSS: Great pool and bar area. Negatives:The beach is terrible, tons of locals and the textile gawkers can't wait till 5pm to hopefully sneak a peak.

All 3 are great but Negril has us for life.
    But as previously stated "to each his own"

We are going to CN for the first time in Feb before heading back home to CSS for our 4th visit, as I haven't experienced any of the other Couples resorts yet here is my biased review ! We are beach bums and absolutely love all that SSB has to offer, there is no other way to describe SSB other than fun, relaxing & friendly, everything you need is there and you can spend the whole day if you like without having to leave for lunch. The prudes start to descend on our paradise at about 5pm for sunset, so you can just get in the hot tub and enjoy ��

GLB was my favorite AN resort. It's sad seeing wasting away. I wish Couples would take it over like they did CSS. Until then CSS/SSB is our new home.

Sorry have to ask what resort is SSB?

SSB is at CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    3) CSS: Great pool and bar area. Negatives:The beach is terrible, tons of locals and the textile gawkers can't wait till 5pm to hopefully sneak a peak.
    "
    "...tons of locals and the textile gawkers can't wait till 5pm to hopefully sneak a peak."

Wow!!!! You can't be serious???

Tons??? Really??? Seriously?? Been there more than a half dozen times over the years and NEVER experienced anything like this. This couldn't be further from the truth. The few that come over from the textile side usually head straight down to the beach and grab a chair to watch the sunset. Aside from an occasional curious glance over their shoulders most terrified to look in direction of those naked. Very few will even approach the bar / pool area and any that do come to SSB to watch sunset are extremely respectful. Doubt you were ever really there with exaggerated comments like that.

Beach is not Negril (been there twice and enjoyed it) but still quite nice and offers privacy and amenities that Negril A/N area does not.

Have never seen locals at SSB except a passing fisherman along the beach....let alone tons of them. LOL!!!! Security would be on anyone that doesn't belong in the area. Though the beaches in Jamaica are public, SSB is located at the end of a small cove surrounded by an abundance of vegetation that very few from outside the resort ever venture down to, unlike Negril which is surrounded by several other resorts with very active public beaches that generate a lot of foot traffic all day long in front of the AN area. The AN area at Negril is set back far enough though that passerby's aren't really going to see much anyway unless you plop yourself right up front.

I'm sure many here would say the same and disagree with your assessment of CSS / SSB.
    Last edited by cpanddp; January 16th, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

There were 4-5 people across the way hanging out and maybe 2-3 fishing boats went by the week we were there

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post
    "...tons of locals and the textile gawkers can't wait till 5pm to hopefully sneak a peak."

Wow!!!! You can't be serious???

Tons??? Really??? Seriously?? Been there more than a half dozen times over the years and NEVER experienced anything like this. This couldn't be further from the truth. The few that come over from the textile side usually head straight down to the beach and grab a chair to watch the sunset. Aside from an occasional curious glance over their shoulders most terrified to look in direction of those naked. Very few will even approach the bar / pool area and any that do come to SSB to watch sunset are extremely respectful. Doubt you were ever really there with exaggerated comments like that.

Beach is not Negril (been there twice and enjoyed it) but still quite nice and offers privacy and amenities that Negril A/N area does not.

Have never seen locals at SSB except a passing fisherman along the beach....let alone tons of them. LOL!!!! Security would be on anyone that doesn't belong in the area. Though the beaches in Jamaica are public, SSB is located at the end of a small cove surrounded by an abundance of vegetation that very few from outside the resort ever venture down to, unlike Negril which is surrounded by several other resorts with very active public beaches that generate a lot of foot traffic all day long in front of the AN area. The AN area at Negril is set back far enough though that passerby's aren't really going to see much anyway unless you plop yourself right up front.

I'm sure many here would say the same and disagree with your assessment of CSS / SSB.
    This has been my experience after 3 trips. First trip we came over the first day for a few hours , we were newbies. We stayed to ourselves. Came back at sunset to take a picture of the sunset. I glanced around myself. Was not sure if everyone cleared out at 5:30 or not. The next day we spent most of the day ate lunch and ventured closer to the pool. From then on we felt comfortable like veterans. We were there as a few ventured over to see the sunset. Yes there was the occasional glance. But not what I refer to as gawking. Most of these folks I believe are walking the steps or close to them as we took. I do notice there is a difference in the social environment from the textile side and the non textile side. Some use the term prude for the textile side. I personally do not feel comfortable using it. I eat and drink along side many of these folks at other places on the resort. Unless they turn their nose up at me I will not give them that label. I think when most book a trip at Sans Souci they know there is the potential of seeing some extra skin in certain areas. As far as tons of gawkers or folks at sunset to catch a glimpse of the sunset or me, maybe if you add all their weight together over a period of time. This third trip many of us were having so much fun visiting, playing volleyball, etc. that I don't remember paying to much attention to who even strolled over from the other side. We are all family as far as I felt. Not saying a monster size crowd of gawkers never came over, just not on my watch.

Have to completely agree with cpanddp!
    Certainly we each have our favorite resorts and our own personal opinions, however, we have NEVER experienced "tons of locals and the textile gawkers that can't wait until 5pm to sneak a peek"
    CSS is our resort of choice and we absolutely love SSB and have never experienced anything negative while visiting there. The most amusing situation was that a bride had chosen SSB for her sunset wedding and thought that the resort would clear the beach just for her.....nope, just her own private walkway off to the left lined with white tulle....I don't think Grandma was amused. The next day, some of her wedding guests joined us.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014
    CSS October 2015 SOON COME!