Default Going With Friends?

Hey All,
    We went to CTI last year and loved it. We're planning on returning again in the Spring of 2015 and have talked about it with some of our good friends. Now, we LOVED being on the island and told them that even though it was our first A/N experience it really wasn't as awkward as we thought it would be and they shouldn't be nervous about it.

They seem to be entertaining the idea and we'd love to vacation with them...but the other night at dinner they brought up the "awkward factor". Not with being around a bunch of naked people--but the fact that the the 4 of us who have only ever known each other with clothes on for the last 4 years, would now know each other REALLY well. And I guess I hadn't thought about that part of it...My wife and I made great friends with people on the island and there surprisingly wasn't anything strange about meeting new people when you're all naked, but has anybody had this experience with their friends?

Do you just get there and drop the towel and hope the awkwardness either doesn't exist or fades away quickly? Or maybe you have a naked dinner before you go on vacation just so nobody's surprised when they get to the island

It's probably different for everyone. The curiosity factor of seeing long-time friends of the opposite sex naked can sometimes play games with your.... head. It usually fades away fast, but I'd try to get the awkwardness out of the way beforehand if possible. Naked dinner may work if you all are comfortable with that, but concerns of various body parts and food and hygiene may add to the awkwardness. One thing we did for our initial "breaking the ice" experience with friends of 25 years was drinks beforehand (rum cream and Red Stripe ) followed by nude hot tubbing at night. It was a perfect setting to get comfortable with each other. If you don't have a hot tub, maybe rent a jacuzzi suite at a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBehindTheBeard View Post
    Hey All,
    We went to CTI last year and loved it. We're planning on returning again in the Spring of 2015 and have talked about it with some of our good friends. Now, we LOVED being on the island and told them that even though it was our first A/N experience it really wasn't as awkward as we thought it would be and they shouldn't be nervous about it.

They seem to be entertaining the idea and we'd love to vacation with them...but the other night at dinner they brought up the "awkward factor". Not with being around a bunch of naked people--but the fact that the the 4 of us who have only ever known each other with clothes on for the last 4 years, would now know each other REALLY well. And I guess I hadn't thought about that part of it...My wife and I made great friends with people on the island and there surprisingly wasn't anything strange about meeting new people when you're all naked, but has anybody had this experience with their friends?

Do you just get there and drop the towel and hope the awkwardness either doesn't exist or fades away quickly? Or maybe you have a naked dinner before you go on vacation just so nobody's surprised when they get to the island

My opinion is that a "naked dinner" with just the four of you would be much more awkward then getting naked with your friends for the first time on the island, with other naked people around.

I've never gone A/N with friends who I only know in a textile context, but my guess is that since you and your wife are more experienced at A/N then your friends, you two will be the ones to set the tone. If you drop your clothes on the island at CTI and act completely normal, then your friends are more likely to feel OK with being nude around you. If you act like you feel uncomfortable then your friends will probably feel uncomfortable, too. Of course YOU may feel awkward at first, but since your friends will be looking to you and will be observing how you act, I would advise you not let on that you feel awkward, and instead act like being nude around them is no big deal. Of course, after about 15 or 30 minutes the feeling of awkwardness will probably completely disappear for both you and your friends, and you'll just be having fun in the sun, sans clothing.

Default Not awkward but leave it at the beach

We were just in CSS with friends of 10 years. First AN for us. Wasn't awkward once the clothes came off. Had a great week. Just had dinner with them back home last week, and the clothes stayed on. Not awkward still all. What happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica but we are closer than ever because we shared that first time experience.

Hey All,

Counting the days until paradise...

Last year my wife and I went with friends who we have been friends with for 20 years. Little awk at first but after 5 mins you get over it. Kind of makes your friendship stronger in some way.

We weren't sure how it would go with our friends either, but as long as everyone acts like an adult, I'm sure it will be fine. We had a great time with our friends, and we even invited a second couple this year, and that went well, too!

We tried Sunset Beach at CSS with friends this past September. At first it was awkward, but after awhile it was not big deal. We have gone out together since we have been home and all is good.

We see no problem, naked is naked friends or strangers... We seem to make friends out of strangers, don't see how we can make strangers out of friends....

Great insight everybody! Great to know that it has, in fact, worked with other people before. My fear was that there would be an overwhelming response of "THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA" so I'm glad that's not the case.

Probably going to skip trying anything beforehand and just let the chips fall where they may once we hit the beach. Can't wait!

Great insight everybody! Great to know that it has, in fact, worked with other people before. My fear was that there would be an overwhelming response of "THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA" so I'm glad that's not the case.

Probably going to skip trying anything beforehand and just let the chips fall where they may once we hit the beach. Can't wait!
    I agree with you on this plan, the more it's talked about, the more anxiety you will create and that seems to be the thing working against you at this point. I say don't bring it up again until you are ready to go to the island maybe after you eat breakfast. When you are finished eating, grab you stuff and tell them you will see them on the dock in 5 minutes. Then head over and wait for the boat, (and them). They just may adopt the "what the heck" attitude we're on vacation and just go for it.
    Personally... it would be a lot easier for me to get naked in front of a bunch of people on the island rather than in my house in front of another couple. That, would be awkward.

Default We can relate

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    It's probably different for everyone. The curiosity factor of seeing long-time friends of the opposite sex naked can sometimes play games with your.... head. It usually fades away fast, but I'd try to get the awkwardness out of the way beforehand if possible. Naked dinner may work if you all are comfortable with that, but concerns of various body parts and food and hygiene may add to the awkwardness. One thing we did for our initial "breaking the ice" experience with friends of 25 years was drinks beforehand (rum cream and Red Stripe ) followed by nude hot tubbing at night. It was a perfect setting to get comfortable with each other. If you don't have a hot tub, maybe rent a jacuzzi suite at a hotel.
    My dear friend from college and her husband were our house guests for a weekend last year. After a BBQ dinner on a hot Saturday night, our pool was looking very inviting. I had plenty of bathing suits to offer my friend but she would barely fit the tops. Topless, we enjoyed the pool and that evening sipped a few beers on lounges as good friends into early morning.

This summer we went to a nude resort and have since booked an Hidden Beach in Oct. and CSS vacation for April, also inviting another couple. I think vacationing CO depends strictly on the open mindedness of everyone - not for everyone but terrific with good friends. We often vacation with friends met at CSS, why not other friends as well.