Default Pics of SSB Pool and Jacuzzi

Does anyone have pictures of the updated pool and jacuzzi at SSB? I can't seem to find any on the website from that side of the resort at San Souci. Just wanted to see where we will be spending most of our time when we head there in February.

Video I took last week, October 5th, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ6b0XCroE

While I appreciate the effort, the video only really shows the edge of the pool, chairs, and jacuzzi. Would love to see what the entire pool looks like, or more of the pool bar....

Name:  CSS Poolbar.jpg
Views: 3901
Size:  53.0 KB

When I find the one I recently saw of the hot tub I will post that - it is as big as the hot tub at Couples Negril which I believe can hold at least 12 -14 people
    ... it keepsh me shane

Well I think Nova star captured the best parts of the pool area and Jacuzzi. I am not sure what else you would like to see- the beach area is in the droid video, the grill area has food and a popcorn machine. The rest is palapas and very kind naked people relaxing

Here is a pic we took of the pool and hot tub in the evening this past June. Hope it helps.
    Name:  DSC03122R.jpg
Views: 3884
Size:  210.1 KB

In looking at novastar's video, it appears as though the beach is far smaller than it was last December when we were there. The waves appear to be up at the palm trees. Does anyone know if this is due to the latest hurricane to pass by or has the river found a new course and come more into the cove? I'm guessing the shoreline was out at least 80 feet or more last December than what novastar's October video is showing. One of the reasons we like SSB over Tower Island is that you can actually walk a beach and get some sand in your toes.

Name:  SSB3.jpg
Views: 3699
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  SSB5.jpg
Views: 3701
Size:  106.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

M&L,

The winds were high and the surf was strong for 3 days last week. The area closest to the river eroded a lot, and the mouth of the river moved about 150 feet closer to the peninsula. SSB beach changes constantly..

LovJamaica and Hoosiercpl87, THANK YOU. I would be interested to hear about the beach as well from any recent travelers.

Do they still have pool volleyball at SSB? That was one of the big "check items" on the list for CSS over other resorts, but I am not sure how it would be done post-renovation. Of course it was sort of shoe-horned in pre-renovation so maybe it works the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    Do they still have pool volleyball at SSB? That was one of the big "check items" on the list for CSS over other resorts, but I am not sure how it would be done post-renovation. Of course it was sort of shoe-horned in pre-renovation so maybe it works the same now.
    yes, they still have pool volleyball at SSB.

As for the posted pics, the grotto was demo'd a few years ago, the pool area is very open now.

This is what the pool looks like now.
    Name:  linda.jpg
Views: 3097
Size:  77.6 KB

Wow... this new message board format is difficult to figure out. I'm not exactly sure how that old picture of the pool with the grotto got attached. The funny thing is that the old pool pic only seems visible in Couples Light or Couples Dark view mode but not in Couples Mobile 2013 view mode. And I can't figure out how to edit my posts anymore either.

How shallow is the far end of the pool?? Do people put chairs in there and lounge?

Shallow end is about 18" deep and I have never seen a chair in the pool, only floaties.

Thanks for the updated pool & jacuzzi pic:cool everyone - very inviting indeed!

Looks like the hot tub was renovated and moved closer to the pool.

Is there now a fence with a gate at the entrance to SSB? If so anyone have any pictures they could post?

Yes, they erected a fence to the entrance.

Name:  SSB -FENCE.JPG
Views: 840
Size:  154.9 KB
    CSA 2012, CSA 2013, CN 2014, CSA 2014, CSS 2014,
    CN 2015, CSA 2015, CSS 2015
    CSS 2016 (March/April)
    Soon Come: CSS 2016 (July)

Thanks Fireye for satisfying my curiosity. You’re awesome.

wow, that's the pool for naked people only? I really like that - you are just making my decision so much harder. I'm am so torn between CSS and CTI - but this pool, hot tub and bar makes it a little sweeter.

Makes me anxious for July3!

Quote Originally Posted by KathyI2009 View Post
    wow, that's the pool for naked people only? I really like that - you are just making my decision so much harder. I'm am so torn between CSS and CTI - but this pool, hot tub and bar makes it a little sweeter.
    Kathy, if you look at Post #6, you'll see a grill area to the left of the swim up bar. Awesome lunches !!! Arrive at 8:30, bar opens at 9:30, lunch at 12:30, leave when it's dinnertime. Come back after dark.

Rinse & repeat. Our typical day