Thread: Dining at CSS

Default Dining at CSS

Looking at the dining choices at CSS, I see that 3 of the restaurants are closed on Tuesday's and Friday's. Does anyone know what the dining options are for those days?

Also my wife is a little concerned about what she has seen on the sample menu's. Many of the dishes seem to be made with lots of different spices. Just want to make sure that there will be dishes that she will enjoy. Trust me, she is not a picky eater, but wants to feel comfortable with the dining experience. We are not accustom to such elegant and fine dining.

Room service is 24/7. Beach grill is open a lot. Best food you will eat. We LOVED it.

Tuesday is the beach party; Friday is the gala. There is plenty of amazing food available buffet-style at each, or room service is available if you so choose.

As for the restaurants, Jamaican food does tend to be spicy, and they do use local ingredients and spices for their versions of continental dishes, but they are quite used to preparing food for the American and European palettes. As long as you don't order things extra spicy, you should find the heat level to be akin to what you'd find in the States or in Europe.

As far as other spices (the non-hot kind), the descriptions on the menu do tend to emphasize them, but it's never anything overwhelming. The chefs do a very good job at incorporating flavors, and it seems to me that they risk over-inclusion on the menu than disappointment or surprise to the guests. I actually prefer this, and it's nice to know they don't just douse everything with salt and call it seasoned.

Having said that, much of the food can be adjusted or altered to your taste. They'll accomodate you happily within reason. By that I mean I wouldn't expect them to provide marinara sauce without garlic or to take specific items out of things like patties or spring rolls, but if you want something without sauce or perhaps just a plain protein or switched-up side dishes, I wouldn't hesitate to ask.

Both of you have been extremely helpful. I truly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuninJamica View Post
    Looking at the dining choices at CSS, I see that 3 of the restaurants are closed on Tuesday's and Friday's. Does anyone know what the dining options are for those days?
    ....WOW!! Doesn't sound like much for choices those days. But by now, management SHOULD know what they're doing.

Neither my husband or I are "spicy food" eaters. We however like the experience of trying the Jamaican food. We have never been disappointed. Only once was it a little spicy for my husband. If that happens just ask for something different. They are usually very happy to accomodate you.
    Linda

mmmm

Tuesday is the beach party and Friday is the Starlight Gala. This is why the 3 restaurants are closed on these evenings. The Starlight Gala is not to be missed! They have all sorts of food stations set up on the main lawn, including an enormous tent just for different types of salads. The beach party is a much smaller affair, but there's nothing like sticking your toes in the sand while you eat.

When we were there last January, we stayed for 10 nights, so we were there for 2 beach parties. We chose room service for the second beach party. CSS is the only Couples resort that has all day room service. We ordered several appetizers, along with the entrees. Our meal was delivered quickly, and after we finished, we called room service, and they picked everything up quickly, so no dishes were sitting in the entranceway for hours.

As far as the spices, yes, they serve enough local dishes and "Caribbean inspired" dishes to make it interesting. But they also offer lots of neutral choices like pasta, chicken, and steak for those with less adventurous tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    ....WOW!! Doesn't sound like much for choices those days. But by now, management SHOULD know what they're doing.
    the food for the beach party and the gala is awesome. there is more then enough to eat there and they DO know what they're doing

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Tuesday is the beach party and Friday is the Starlight Gala. This is why the 3 restaurants are closed on these evenings.
    ...OK, that makes sense.

As cigarmanpa said the Tuesday night Beach party and especially the Friday night Gala are probably the two best meals of the week, you will have to show a little restraint however so as to not gain 5 pounds each night. At the beach party you will find some of the best authentic Jamaican food that you will ever eat and for those who can handle a little eat the Jerk chicken and pork are to die for.
    FONT="Verdana"]David and Jeanette, Nova Scotia[/FONT][/FONT]

I actually think there's lots of options. We'll be there for 7 nights. The beach party, gala, Bella Vista, Cassanova, Pallazina is 5 nights, room service is a 6th option, and for us we're doing the private dinner for our anniversary which makes 7. So we won't even get a chance to do any of them twice! Oh wait.. If we do the repeaters dinner there (as well as at CTI) that's 8 choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_in_the_sun View Post
    As cigarmanpa said the Tuesday night Beach party and especially the Friday night Gala are probably the two best meals of the week, you will have to show a little restraint however so as to not gain 5 pounds each night. At the beach party you will find some of the best authentic Jamaican food that you will ever eat and for those who can handle a little eat the Jerk chicken and pork are to die for.
    i couldn't get enough of the lamb.