Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chellfish View Post
    We were supposed to hear today, but haven't gotten the email. I checked the spam folder, and nothing yet. denkim, any word yet? Perhaps they're moving things around for Thanksgiving? Who knows?
    We called the 1-800 number and spoke to someone when we didn't here on Monday. She was able to look us up by name and date and tell us where we are going.

So we received our official confirmation this afternoon, and it seems that my earlier hypothesis was correct - we're going to CSS next week! It says that we're scheduled to be in a Deluxe Ocean room, though I know that we will get whatever they have available when we arrive. I was kind of hoping to get a room with a balcony, but we'll take whatever we get.

What kind of rooms have folks gotten when they've done the SR? Is it almost always the lowest-end room?

Thanks!

May 2009 ... We stayed at CSS.
    Julie

I tried to post a message yesterday, but it seems that it didn't go through. We did get CSS and hope that we're able to get a balcony room (there are a few that don't have them), as we're celebrating my birthday, and that would be a real joy for the week.

Just got the confirmation - CTI! Can't wait till next week, hope the weather co-operates while we are there!

We leave in a week, and we still don't know where we are headed!!!
    We are so excited to see where we are going!!!
    MouLouHill

We just returned from an absurdly fabulous week at CSS - so relaxing and fun! I think we even found our new favorite vacation spot and are already talking about our return trip in the spring.

Have a wonderful time, everyone!

My travel agent still hadn't heard by 6 days prior to our arrival. I called the 1-800 number myself. They said we are at CTI with a Garden View room. We were hoping to get a ocean view, has anyone ever asked for a different room upon arrival, what did they say?
    MouLouHill

I am doing secret rendezvous in January. If you arrive at the resort and receive the basic room, if higher category rooms are available, can you pay for a room up charge for a better room, once you arrive ?

We're headed to CTI next Sat, Dec 11. Will report back after the trip. We have been to CSS and CSA. CTI is the location that we think will be our least favorite because it looks more like a typcial multi-floor hotel. We would not have chosen CTI but could not pass up the SR $250/night Weds special a few months ago and knew at booking there was a 90% chance that we would get CTI. I'm sure we will have a great time, I can't wait until Sat!

When we went to CSS a couple of weeks ago, we were concerned about not getting a room with a balcony, and I knew they were pretty full that week. I called and asked if we could pay to upgrade to a higher room category, and for a (miniscule) fee, we were able to do so. It helps to ask if you have questions - they were very helpful (as always!) and accommodating with our request. We ended up in a spectacular room with a large balcony and a prefect view of the ocean. I can't wait to go back!!

We just returned from our SR (dec 4-9) at CTI, they upgraded us to a oceanview, with a wonderful view, (no cost). It was a wonderful place, we will definatly go back!
    -Cassy and Jason
    MouLouHill

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ya Soon View Post
    We're headed to CTI next Sat, Dec 11. Will report back after the trip. We have been to CSS and CSA. CTI is the location that we think will be our least favorite because it looks more like a typcial multi-floor hotel. We would not have chosen CTI but could not pass up the SR $250/night Weds special a few months ago and knew at booking there was a 90% chance that we would get CTI. I'm sure we will have a great time, I can't wait until Sat!
    We are back from our CTI SR (Dec 11-18). We had a really good trip. CTI is equally great or better than other locations visited - the food (best desserts), the beautiful new decor, the staff, great ocean view room. We had horrible beach weather all week with lots of clouds, wind and rain so we took advantage of the included and external-booked excursions. As suspected and in no way related to the weather, CTI is #3 on our list of favs. We prefer a larger beach area and a more spread out atmosphere. CTI seemed like a crowded hotel to us. Would we go back to CTI, yes! We would try SR again, if another great deal comes along and if we get CTI again, we will enjoy it again.

I have the SR booked for January 22 - 26, and it is driving me CRAZY ! I am a planner, to relax I love to plan my trips. This time though, the control has been removed - and I do not like it !! Wish I had just picked one of the Couples resorts. However, with all the Christmas bills, have to admit the price was right !! Oh well just venting, and looking forward to staying at Couples again!

I know how you feel!
    MouLouHill

We had booked with another resort and I just decided today that I could not stay anywhere else in Jamaica besides Couples so I just switched our reservations to Couples Rendezvous. The thought of being on the island and staying somewhere else was just not a good feeling. We will be staying with another couple arriving on Jan 31st. We are hoping for Swept Away because we think its a great place to introduce Jamaica, but we will be happy with any of them. The best part it we are surprising our husbands, they still think we are staying somewhere else.

SCHWIESO, Let us know when you find out where you are going! Relax and enjoy!
    MouLouHill

moelouhill, I will keep you posted !! Still driving me crazy .

We also have a SR booked for Jan 19-26th...

tami&jason- is it driving you crazy - waiting? I have tried all the little tricks listed on this forum to find out where we are staying, but still no luck ! It is giving me a good lesson in patience .

We are Newbies to Couples and have booked our first trip there Jan 27 - Feb 1 for our "delayed" 10th Wedding Anniversary trip (supposed to have been in November). We struggled to pick a resort, but finally ended up picking CTI because of the number of excursions included. Well . . . that was until I found out about SR. We saved over $800.00 by booking the SR. I've been doing some research as to availablity at each resort and it looks like the other 3 (CSS, CN CSA) are booked full for those dates. Guess there is a 80% chance that we will get the resort we wanted anyway. Plus it looks like all the GV rooms are booked at CTI as well, so hopefully we will get an OV room.

I too am a planning guru and it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bugs me that I don't know where we are going yet. I like to get online and find maps of the resort and know my way around before even getting there. Does anybody know of where I can get the "Grounds Maps" for each of the resorts?

. . . 23 days and counting . . .

Default Dec 17-23

Loved it!!! Stayed at Couples Negril. Was treated very well and enjoyed the entire trip.

Eaglelvr
    You know what, I really wanted to stay at ANY resort other than CTI, guess what we got CTI...I was dissapointed. When we got to CTI everything changed, it was absolutely amazing. I feel bad for even thinking that. You wont need a map, just go to the orientation at 10am or 5pm, it takes like 10-20 minutes and they show you everything you need to know. My husband and I are huge planners and regreted booking the SR after we did it. The "surprise" is the best part! Seriously, stop thinking about it, go the tanning booth and buy a six pack of red stripe! Call them 7 days before and they will tell you were you are going.
    MouLouHill

If you click on the top tab for each resort at the top of the Couples website, you will access information about each resort. In the bottom L side of each resort's home page you will see " map and panamoranic " views. Here you will find each map. 15 more days until my Secret Rendezvous !!!

Thanks Schwieso for the info about the maps. I really appreciate it.

Moelouhill - my husband says the same thing. . . "Don't worry, we will have a room, a bed to sleep in, plenty of libations, plenty of food, and most of all warm days to sit on the beach." BUT . . . my OCD for planning just takes over and I can't control it.

Dawn and James
    20 more sleeps til RELAXATION!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast