Default Gifts ideas for the housekeeping staff

We are returning to CSS for our second time, third time to Couples, and I would really like to bring something for the housekeeping ladies who do such an amazing job cleaning our room every day. I have heard that they get a lot of scented lotions, candles and that type of thing, so I am looking for something different that they would really appreciate/be able to use. Does anyone have any good ideas?

We have brought dark sunglasses, cheap watches, manicure kits, make-up--just remember to enclose a note listing your name and room number stating that it is a gift for the maid, so they don't get into any trouble.

I was thinking chocolates.

I am thinking chocolate as well....especially since we will be there on Valentines day. I really like the idea of manicure kits also. In the past I have left sunglasses, magazines, books and any lotions etc that I no longer needed. Hair accessories is another good one. We have always been fortunate and have had excellent service from the ladies who clean the rooms...actually from all the couples staff. Only 11 days until we return for our 4th visit. Yay for sun, sand and love!

We even included some caps for their guys and story books if they had young children.

During our first trip to CSA , one of the wonderful ladies at Seagrapes nicknamed us M&M. Since then we bring fun-sized bags of M&M's with us (about 5 lbs for our 8-10 day stay). Monica and I fill up the basket in our room with them and attach a note that says "Thank you for taking such good care of us during our stay. Please help yourself to some candy for you and your family." We always inform management about the candy and no-one has ever had a problem with it.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

whenever we have been there for Valentines day we take kisses etc and hand them out to everyone that day. Last year we handed some out to guys setting up for the awesome Valentine's Day party on the south lawn. we also take hair accessories and books,stickers etc if thay have little ones. we always leave a note to say we are giving this to them. never thought of the sunglasses, manicure set. Thanks for the suggestions. Feb. 25 can't come soon enough.

Great suggestions. We usually bring a couples bags of different chocolates ( M&M's, Hershey's, etc.) and leave a handful on our pillow every morning before we leave for the housekeeping lady and then the same thing in the evening for the evening housekeeping that does the turn down service. I like the idea of the maniure kits, makeup and lotions. It would be nice to make little gifts bags with a little assortment of these things. Thanks for the great ideas. The staff work so hard and we really want them to feel appreciated.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

In addition to the gifts I stated above, I always take fun size candy bars. We, at one time, sponsored a family in Jamaica, and had the chance to meet them. We brought money, clothing,and school sup;plies to them. In addition, we brought Easter candy which we had bought at a very good candy store which we purchased when it was discounted after Easter. The candy was, by far, the favorite gift and what everyone, even the adults, fought over.

we bring things for their kids also

crayons, coloring books, hats, t-shirts, pens, pencils, markers, notebooks, chocolate.

understand OTC meds are very costly......we always bring large generic Tylenol.....

Quote Originally Posted by janeyb View Post
    understand OTC meds are very costly......we always bring large generic Tylenol.....
    So we can bring OTC meds? It's not questioned by customs? We are both nurses and have a heart for medical missionary work so something like that is right up our alley!

[QUOTE=brennie;159629]whenever we have been there for Valentines day we take kisses etc and hand them out to everyone that day. Last year we handed some out to guys setting up for the awesome Valentine's Day party on the south lawn. we also take hair accessories and books,stickers etc if thay have little ones. we always leave a note to say we are giving this to them. never thought of the sunglasses, manicure set. Thanks for the suggestions. Feb. 25 can't come soon enough.[/QUOTE
    Hi Brennie. We'll be new to CSA, but think it's a fab idea for housekeeping in a "no tips" world. Arriving same day as you, but in the evening. Thanks for sharing on the different topics! Photo of us under Meet-ups March Madness thread in case we meet. Safe travels!

I brought kit kats, lindor truffles, whoppers, and hershey kisses, and with the look on our housekeeper's face every day, you'd think she won the lottery. She thanked me multiple times for the chocolate.

Many people on this board give staff shout outs to the housekeeping staff...problem is, we are never around in the room when she comes by, so in our three Couples visits, we have no idea who our housekeepers were, or even if it was the same person all week! We would have loved to have given a shout out.

I really wish Couples would place little cards in each room on the counter which would say the name of the housekeeper. Has this ever been considered?

We were at a resort in the Mayan Riviera for a wedding a few years ago that did this and it was such a personal touch!! The little card stated something about the care that was taken in the room cleanliness, and that it was done with pride each day by "Pedro S." We knew then that "Pedro S." was our housekeeper for the week, and if we saw him, we could call him by his name. To me, it made the room and the experience feel like home.

Especially since Couples doesn't allow tipping and we just can't leave $5 each day on the pillow, we'd love to know who worked their magic in our room each day!

Good idea TravelBug