Thread: Money questions

Default Money questions

Hello All

We are staying at CSS from 9/10 - 23/10 and are wondering how much money to bring and what currency is best.

Any large costs - ie couples massage we will be paying by CC, but are interested in what we will need for incidentals - ie drivers to/from airport.

Also I know the Dunns River Trip is included when you stay at CSS, but is this just the transport, or does it include the actual climb itself?

We have small US$ bills - or are we best taking JAM$ ??

Oh - and are soo excited about our trip we are not just counting down the days, but the hours too!

Thank you

Andy and Katie x

US Dollars are fine. The videographers, guides and driver will all expect tips, so $20-$25 in $5s should be fine to cover them all. They will also let you know that wet money is OK.

At the airport, a couple of bucks per bag is fine. I changed a US $10 bill into Jamaican $ at the resort, but only to bring it back a souvenir. The JAM $100 bill has Donald Sangster on the front (you will fly into Sangster International Airport) and Dunns River Falls on the back.

You can use US $ at Island Village if you go shopping. Depending on what you spend, $20 bills are handy. Many of the shops at Island Village take credit cards (but some charge extra).

US$ are accepted everywhere and pricing is in US$.

You only need $10-$20 for the drivers to/from the resort.

You will want a few $$ for the guides at DR, the entry fee is included.

If you decide to purchase any souvenirs on the beach, you will need US$.

We usually take a couple hundred in small bills, it is excess, but I like to be prepared in case I run across something on the beach that I'm interested in. Last time at CN there was an artist on the beach and we bought a couple paintings and I was glad we had the extra $$.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by andyandkatie View Post
    Hello All

We are staying at CSS from 9/10 - 23/10 and are wondering how much money to bring and what currency is best.

Any large costs - ie couples massage we will be paying by CC, but are interested in what we will need for incidentals - ie drivers to/from airport.

Also I know the Dunns River Trip is included when you stay at CSS, but is this just the transport, or does it include the actual climb itself?

We have small US$ bills - or are we best taking JAM$ ??

Oh - and are soo excited about our trip we are not just counting down the days, but the hours too!

Thank you

Andy and Katie x
    Thanks for asking the question Andy & Katie - we are just getting things sorted as we are arriving a few days after you and wondered what currency etc to bring - so hopefully a response will soon appear.
    We go first to CTI before heading to CSS for our 2nd week, so we may just bump into you.
    x