Thread: CTI Rooms

Default CTI Rooms

Hello,

My Hubby and I will be at CTI in 30days and we booked the Premiere Ocean Room but are having second thaughts about paying for an upgrade to Ocean Jr. Suite. Would the Upgrade be worth it we are big on Tubs and we usually relax on Vacay in our own private tub which is the only diff we really don't care about the mini bar. Is it worth changing rooms just for the tub how different are they in size etc.

Thanks in advance! We are 1st time Couples guest and are very excited!!

I think most of the rooms do not have tubs since the renovation, You would need to go to a suite.

Let me just tell you that last year we had the premier ocean view and it was a fantastic room with a great view and huge closet.
    But, I love to take a bath so when we get there on the 9th of October (WOOO HOOOO) We have upgraded to the larger room with the tub and the mini bar.
    I would do it just for the tub.
    BTW, you are going to love Couples! We have been to three of the resorts and this is our favorite. Enjoy and don't waste time sleeping unless your on the beach relaxing. Don't worry about calories, they take them all out and most of all, what happens in Jamaica, stays in Jamaica.
    Be sure and try all the restaurants and the veggie bar.
    Ok, I'm excited because we are going soon. I'll stop.
    Have a great trip!

Booked SR for December...fingers crossed for a Premire Ocean Room!

Quote Originally Posted by mspretty50 View Post
    Hello,

My Hubby and I will be at CTI in 30days and we booked the Premiere Ocean Room but are having second thaughts about paying for an upgrade to Ocean Jr. Suite. Would the Upgrade be worth it we are big on Tubs and we usually relax on Vacay in our own private tub which is the only diff we really don't care about the mini bar. Is it worth changing rooms just for the tub how different are they in size etc.

Thanks in advance! We are 1st time Couples guest and are very excited!!
    My wife and I were in the Ocean Jr. Suite in July and loved it! The mini bar was nice, but neither of us are big drinkers, so we took more advantage of the Ting, Pepsi and Ginger Ale than the beer and spirits.

We used the Jacuzzi tub daily, and loved how it had a window (and balcony) overlooking the main beach and the island. The size of the room was nice too. Of course, the bedroom also had a balcony overlooking the beach and island.

I am convinced that if you were to stay in the Premiere Ocean Room, you would love it, and come back thrilled with couples.

For us, this was our first time at Couples, and the first time that we had been away from the kids for more than a night (and even so, there have only been 3 nights in 21 years!). We appreciated the extra space (especially when we had room service for breakfast), the view, the proximity to everything (main lobby, restaurants, beach, water sports) and the Jacuzzi Tub.

We also loved openning the doors to the balcony every morning and listening to the surf.

Our particular room had both the jacuzzi tub and a shower. If you look at the accomodations, the slatted door by the mini bar is a good sized walk in closet.

If you can afford the difference without too much pain, go for it. If you have to think twice about the additional money, you'll be fine.

You have already made the important choice (to go to CTI). From this point on, I don't think that you can make a wrong choice.

If you want the tub, then you can try to book a suite. We have tried to change to a suite about 30 days out in July, low time, and there haven't been any. There aren't very many suites.
    Vicky

Thank u 25th@CTI for basically describing the Ocean Jr. Suite. That's the room my husband & I have booked for our first trip. We r BIG drinkers and wanted the minibar. You had many positive things to say. Now, I know that we will enjoy the jacuzzi everyday while having many drinks. (lol) It's our 10th and we wanted to plurge a little.

Well spice505, when you get there, there will be a couple of beers in the fridge. You can then "Customize" your mini bar by filling out a card, where you specify which spirits you want. The next day, you will have bottles (and not airline size bottles brought up)

We did have a bottle of Appleton and a bottle of Vodka brought up, but hardly made a dent in the 750 ml bottles.

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! We spent our 10th
    (8/3/95) getting ready for our 3rd son (8/8/95).

I'll give a tip to all of those wanting the Jacuzzi Tub: If you turn off any of the switches in the closet, the Jacuzzi may not work. I though that I was turning off the a/c and fan, and we got into the tub, pressed the button, and .....nothing. After thinking for a minute, I went to the closet, flipped one of the switches, came back and flipped a switch, pushed the button, and BUBBLES! Kind of reminds my of Chevy Chase's lights in Christmas Vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by steventylerfan View Post
    Let me just tell you that last year we had the premier ocean view and it was a fantastic room with a great view and huge closet.
    But, I love to take a bath so when we get there on the 9th of October (WOOO HOOOO) We have upgraded to the larger room with the tub and the mini bar.
    I would do it just for the tub.
    BTW, you are going to love Couples! We have been to three of the resorts and this is our favorite. Enjoy and don't waste time sleeping unless your on the beach relaxing. Don't worry about calories, they take them all out and most of all, what happens in Jamaica, stays in Jamaica.
    Be sure and try all the restaurants and the veggie bar.
    Ok, I'm excited because we are going soon. I'll stop.
    Have a great trip!
    Thanks for that info!!! We are SUPER Excited and decided to stay with out Ocean Premiere room in case there aren't any suites We'll b there Oct 23-28.. any pix's of the room?

Quote Originally Posted by Blove View Post
    Booked SR for December...fingers crossed for a Premire Ocean Room!

That's what I really liked it looks like the Tub is right by the window with an Ocean View... How Romantic!!

The tub is right by the window with an ocean view. Here is a link to a photo of the bath in our room. On the other side of the faucet is the shower.

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/att...1&d=1285958111
    Attached Images Attached Images